[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Charles

chiroacademy

Why? If he is the starter in a great offense with fresh legs. .. he will finish right around the top 5 if healthy

Too much risk attached to Ball, showed great potential back end of last year but also struggled with fumbles as well. Too smaller of a sample size for me to pick him in the top 5.

Too much risk attached to Ball, showed great potential back end of last year but also struggled with fumbles as well. Too smaller of a sample size for me to pick him in the top 5.

I think fumbling issues will be a thing of the past. A lot of talented rookies come out with this promenade and fix it by their 2nd season. ..

But I will obviously keep an eye out for how well he handles the ball. .. he is too young and good not to consider

Why? If he is the starter in a great offense with fresh legs. .. he will finish right around the top 5 if healthy

I like his situation for sure, but I don't think he is anywhere close to those guys in terms of talent. Top talent doesn't lose their starting gig when they truck up and fumble or whiff on a blitz and get the QB creamed.

I read this puts Jamal in the top 5 for RB pay in 2014, where he certainly belongs.

Was him being in the top 5 ever in question?

I like his situation for sure, but I don't think he is anywhere close to those guys in terms of talent. Top talent doesn't lose their starting gig when they truck up and fumble or whiff on a blitz and get the QB creamed.

LeSean McCoy was a backup before and struggled picking up the blitz early on...but now he is great...

And when the QB is Peyton running a prolific offense...any RB is fortunate to run through those gaping holes ala Knowshon....

I see no reason for Ball to not get it done barring injury. ..and I like the #3 back too if Ball goes down...CJ Anderson...this offense will produce a stud RB

I think fumbling issues will be a thing of the past. A lot of talented rookies come out with this promenade and fix it by their 2nd season. ..

But I will obviously keep an eye out for how well he handles the ball. .. he is too young and good not to consider

I do like him and the situation greatly. Just not enough to take him top 5, in my league I'm looking for him at #16 (12 team standard scoring) as its looking like he wont go 1st round.

I do like him and the situation greatly. Just not enough to take him top 5, in my league I'm looking for him at #16 (12 team standard scoring) as its looking like he wont go 1st round.

Give it a couple weeks...I think he will be a top 10 pick and I won't even try to argue him being a top 5 RB...it is a losing battle on my end on pure speculation and an educated guess. (Also "promenade" is supposed to be problem but my 'stupid' phone is silly)

The way I currently see the top 10 RBs is like this in a PPR.

AP

McCoy

Forte

Charles

Ball

Lacy

Bell

Foster

Gio

Ellington

Give it a couple weeks...I think he will be a top 10 pick and I won't even try to argue him being a top 5 RB...it is a losing battle on my end on pure speculation and an educated guess. (Also "promenade" is supposed to be problem but my 'stupid' phone is silly)

The way I currently see the top 10 RBs is like this in a PPR.

AP

McCoy

Forte

Charles

Ball

Lacy

Bell

Foster

Gio

Ellington

Fair play. I have the top 3 ahead of Forte and Lynch then Ball comes in with Foster and Lacy in a mini tier 3. Not a fan of Bell or Murray so they join the big group of 2nd round talents.

Let's consider everyone starting with a clean slate of health (and we all know that some have a greater propensity toward getting hurt), Charles, McCoy and Forte are Top 3.

Who joins them (PPR)?

-Monte Ball - If he can fill Moreno's shoes and bit even a bit better runner, than he's right there and should be with the Top 3.

-Eddie Lacy - If he doesn't miss basically 2 games, he's sitting at #5 with Lynch last season. A full season, with Rodgers back and he just might be sitting with the Top 3.

-Demarco Murray - He also missed 2 games and with his average pts per game, if he plays an entire season, he's Top 4 as well.

-Adrian Peterson - He was Top 8 in pts per game and also missed 2 games. If he plays a full he's sitting Top 5 with Lynch last year. Having Patterson being more matured and attracting more attention on the outside will help but we'll see what happens with the QB position.

-Reggie Bush - He was Top 6 in avg. pts per game and #7 at the RB position even after missing 2 games. He plays a full, and he's right there with the Top 5. Even if he doesn't, having him ranking near the top 5 when he is playing and having a decent backup to covering the couple games he misses works out well.

-Le'Veon Bell - Bell was top 9 last year in avg. pts per game and top 15 even after missing 3 games. I think with more consistent O-line play and another year under his belt that he could also make a push toward the top. Love this guy!

-Giovani Bernard - Bernard is another guy a really like and sure, he'll be sharing touched with Hill, but again, another year under his belt and I think he'll be even more dangerous. He has ridiculous talent and he's the one RB I think who can make a run at the very top if he's used as a 3-down RB with Hill only providing breathers. **** Love this kid!

-Andre Ellington - Here's another player about to make a HUGE jump! He gets an uptick in catches, carries and GL touches and he stays healthy doing it all...we have ourselves another player like Bernard with a real shot to join the Big 3 but certainly settling in the Top 10. 1,275 rushing yards 7 TDs, 45 rec 430 rec. yards 3 TDs = 275.5 pts and Top 6 for last year up from 26.

-Zac Stacy - I know Tre Mason. However, I think Stacy has shown enough to be the top dog at least for this season and possibly beyond. After not doing anything for 4 weeks last season, he exploded onto the scene. I thin at the very least he repeats last season just spread over 16 games which would place him within the Top 20. However, if he gets 275 carries 1,100 rush yards 7 TDs, 40 rec for 220 yards and 2 TDs = 225 pts and good enough for Top baker's dozen status.

-Doug Martin - This is a much trickier prospect with Sims and Mike James returning. However, I still see Martin getting 240 carries for 1,105 rushing yards and 7 TDs, 35 rec for 335 yards and 1 TD = 227 pts and in competition with Stacy in the baker's dozen.

-Arian Foster - I believe without Tate or real competition for touches, if he stays healthy, we'll be looking at the Foster of yester year. 305 carries for 1,225 yds and 9 TDs, 45 rec for 300 yds and 2 TDs = 263.5 pts and right back in the top 5.

Others I don't have the time to do now but will be in the running for Top 5-15 status -

Lynch

Spiller

Gerhart

Morris

Vereen

Chris Johnson

J. Bell

Richardson

Mathews

R. Jennings

Outside chances to Sankey and Tate.

Edited by irish

I was referring to what he is being paid, not fantasy of NFL RB rankings.

Gotcha.

Even with Norv Turner there?

I love this :clap:

Key battle: Matt Cassel vs. Christian Ponder vs. Teddy Bridgewater, quarterback

"Can we just run a single-wing offense and directly snap the ball to Adrian Peterson on every play?"

That thought probably ran through the head of a few Vikings fans last season as Cassel, Ponder and the now departed Josh Freeman combined to lead the team to a 5-10-1 record. And it was an ugly 5-10-1 record.

Of those three quarterbacks, Cassel had the most promising season in 2013 and appears to be the front-runner to win the job in 2014 -- but don't call him the starter, though. First-year coach Mike Zimmer made it clear in June that there will be an open competition for the job during training camp.

"I want to give everybody an opportunity and make sure it's a legitimate opportunity for all of them and start narrowing down the reps as we get going,” Zimmer said. "The thing I want to guard against most is rushing into a decision where we make a decision quickly as opposed to making the correct decision."

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

Are there enough touchdowns to pass around in Denver for him to be top 5? That is the question, a lot of talent there to keep happy and I don't think Peyton will stop throwing it downfield enough to give Ball enough touches to be in the discussion with Charles, AP, Shady or even Forte.

Are there enough touchdowns to pass around in Denver for him to be top 5? That is the question, a lot of talent there to keep happy and I don't think Peyton will stop throwing it downfield enough to give Ball enough touches to be in the discussion with Charles, AP, Shady or even Forte.

Knowshon owners didn't complain last year. And Ball is more talented imo...

I think the "there aren't enough balls to go around" argument is stale....people said that about Julius last year but I took him anyways because Peyton hits the TE and ensures massive holes in the run game

• Like 1

Knowshon owners didn't complain last year. And Ball is more talented imo...

I think the "there aren't enough balls to go around" argument is stale....people said that about Julius last year but I took him anyways because Peyton hits the TE and ensures massive holes in the run game

Exactly

Also being the 5th ranked RB doesn't have to mean he is in company with the top 4.... they are in a tier of their own. ...is any other RB comparable to them other than Lynch or Foster? Even though I don't have them that high these days but talent-wise.....yeah

He does have a much tougher schedule and lost most of his starting linemen. Don't get me wrong - he's still one of the top backs from workload alone plus he is such a dual threat in that offense. But his season is not going to be as easy as 2013. Worry too that he's 5-11/199 and comes off 696 touches over the last two years. He tore an ACL in 2011 after two seasons with just 546 touches those years. I see him as having more risk but I would not let him go past the 4th or so pick in any draft. Just maybe not the auto #1 that last season suggests.

"Can we just run a single-wing offense and directly snap the ball to Adrian Peterson on every play?"

Maybe not every play. But most of them. That would be awesome. It totally worked in the peewee league I coached. How different is the NFL really?

He does have a much tougher schedule and lost most of his starting linemen. Don't get me wrong - he's still one of the top backs from workload alone plus he is such a dual threat in that offense. But his season is not going to be as easy as 2013. Worry too that he's 5-11/199 and comes off 696 touches over the last two years. He tore an ACL in 2011 after two seasons with just 546 touches those years. I see him as having more risk but I would not let him go past the 4th or so pick in any draft. Just maybe not the auto #1 that last season suggests.

I was talking about Ball actually haha

Edit: for the record I am down on Charles and am avoiding him

Edited by Avernus