[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Charles

chiroacademy

I thought a lot about that and it is going to be of some impact along with wanting Davis more involved. But Charles is so good at receiving and they have a tougher schedule that he might just make up any rushing deficit with more receptions. But I am still trying to decide exactly where I like him best.

as an owner that had Charles lead me to the money last year... I kind of agree that his recs will be key but that OL is scary vs a tougher schedule... but then again teams we perceive as tough might not be and soft teams might jump up and be tough... this is the NFL of today!

I would take him top 3 just because he has great instncts with the ball and has a history of making plays.

Yes the schedule is tougher... if we're using last year's stats.

That said, it would appear the schedule could be much tougher than last season's. Facing the NFC West won't be easy. But the guy is the centerpiece and focus of the offense.

6 games against OAK, SD and DEN will provide for a lot of production. Games against BUF, NYJ, NEP, MIA, TEN as well.

If I had the 1.01 in a PPR I'd be flipping a coin between him and McCoy. Both catch the ball out of the backfield so much and also have home run abilities.

At bare minimum, Charles is a top-3 pick in PPR formats.

Yes the schedule is tougher... if we're using last year's stats.

That said, it would appear the schedule could be much tougher than last season's. Facing the NFC West won't be easy. But the guy is the centerpiece and focus of the offense.

6 games against OAK, SD and DEN will provide for a lot of production. Games against BUF, NYJ, NEP, MIA, TEN as well.

If I had the 1.01 in a PPR I'd be flipping a coin between him and McCoy. Both catch the ball out of the backfield so much and also have home run abilities.

At bare minimum, Charles is a top-3 pick in PPR formats.

I agree with all of this except where you say the game against BUF will be productive , I have a strange gut feeling that BUF Def. will be Very good this year and not give up much of anything. I have them ranked topped 6 in points against in FF this year

I agree with all of this except where you say the game against BUF will be productive , I have a strange gut feeling that BUF Def. will be Very good this year and not give up much of anything. I have them ranked topped 6 in points against in FF this year

They just lost Kiko Alonso for the season. The dude played 100% of BUF's snaps last year. He was the quarterback of that defense and will be sorely missed.

BUF will try doing some inventive things on D, but I think they will be run on with ease.

The Chiefs O-Line was good because Charles made them look really good. Charles made that o-line, not the other way around.

To be honest, the word around here is, yeah we lost a few guys on the o-line, but we feel pretty good about the replacements we have. To me, it's him or McCoy at 1. Then the other guy at 2.

Anybody have any stats of some kind which outline the top 3 or 5 players from any position in a given year, and how they fared in subsequent years (I thought the Huddle did something like this every year)? Just seems to me that, in particular for RBs, they spend one year at the top, and then fall (significantly?) in following years (QBs seem a bit more stable to me year-to-year, for example). Last year, I had Charles on my team. This year, I'd be nervous 100% strictly based on the ideas that 1) he's now had at least one major concussion and 2) the aforementioned idea of his production slipping simply based on what seems to be the norm for RBs who produce as I mentioned above. If I'm drafting top 3, and he's still there, I'd still probably draft him this year at that spot. That concussion has me fairly spooked on him, to be honest, though.

Here are top 30 picks in average draft that went to RBs for last three years and what their end of year ranking was. So Peterson picked #1 in 2011 and ended as 14th best RB that year.

Pick--Actual---2011

1--14---Peterson, Adrian

2--3---Foster, Arian

3--1---Rice, Ray

4--97---Charles, Jamaal

5--13---Johnson, Chris

6--2---McCoy, LeSean

11--4---Jones-Drew, Maurice

13--22---Mendenhall, Rashard

15--34---McFadden, Darren

17--16---Gore, Frank

19--15---Turner, Michael

20--8---Forte, Matt

24--10---Jackson, Steven

26--41---Hillis, Peyton

Pick--Actual---2012

1--3---Foster, Arian

2--4---Rice, Ray

4--16---McCoy, LeSean

8--11---Johnson, Chris

9--24---McFadden, Darren

10--13---Forte, Matt

14--28---Murray, DeMarco

18--52---Jones-Drew, Maurice

21--1---Peterson, Adrian

22--8---Charles, Jamaal

24--5---Lynch, Marshawn

25--27---Mathews, Ryan

30--14---Sproles, Darren

Pick--Actual---2013

1--7---Peterson, Adrian

2--55---Martin, Doug

3--42---Foster, Arian

4--1---Charles, Jamaal

6--24---Rice, Ray

7--30---Spiller, C.J.

8--2---McCoy, LeSean

9--32---Richardson, Trent

10--5---Lynch, Marshawn

11--3---Forte, Matt

14--20---Morris, Alfred

20--10---Johnson, Chris

21--33---Jackson, Steven

22--8---Bush, Reggie

24--21---Jones-Drew, Maurice

28--35---Ridley, Stevan

Relax, Charles well be there and he's a surefire top 3 pick and probably #1 Overall in PPR formats.

I still am leary about Charles right now. These players know their bodies all too well and when a player refuses to go any further without a new contract I always fear they are getting ready to lose a step.

I am going to say Charles slides back significantly this year....

Well deserved. I would still be in a coin flip situation with him and McCoy for 1.01.

I actually have moved AP ahead of McCoy as of yesterday and have Forte 3rd with Charles 4th unless Montee shows some stuff in preseason....like blocking...because he already has the ability to run..

I actually have moved AP ahead of McCoy as of yesterday and have Forte 3rd with Charles 4th unless Montee shows some stuff in preseason....like blocking...because he already has the ability to run..

IMO, Ball doesn't belong in the conversation with those 4.