[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Advice for 3 WR League

I could use some advice for my upcoming draft.

The league is a 12 team, .5 PPR league, where everyone can keep one player in the round that they were drafted in the previous year. This year we decided to expand the starting rosters to include a 3rd WR, without expanding the bench, which now has just five spots. So we have to start QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/RB, TE, DEF, and K.

While exact draft position is not decided yet, I am certain to have one of the first three draft slots.

My question is, does it make sense to "reach" and take Calvin Johnson in the first round given we have to start 3 WR (with the potential of starting 4)? If I go RB in the first round, I know I will definitely have to go WR/WR on the wrap around, but I am worried I will miss out on all the Tier 1 and most Tier 2 WRs by that point if I dont grab one early. Anyone have any experience in a similar style league?

On a side note, is there anyway to manipulate The Huddle draft kits based upon roster makeup? That would be a great tool to have.

Thanks in advance.

A lot of this depends on who you are keeping and who the others are keeping so we know who you are looking at with your top 3 pick.

I would not pass up on a Charles, AP, Forte, McCoy type for Calvin, but if you are talking an RB like Vereen or Spiller then I would take Calvin in this situation. WR is a fairly deep position.

With the Keepers being unknown and I would assume the top RBs will be taken and also Calvin idk who is gonna be avail, also who is your keeper?

Is really comes down to value in any format, and just cause you added a WR slot I don't think you need to have a tier 1/2 WR to still have. WR is deep and I wouldn't over value it.

Thanks for the replies. I am planning keeping Julius Thomas (TE) in the 10th round...unfortunately my Keeper options are limited, with my only other realistic options being Hilton in the 6th, Terrance Williams in the 10th, or Michael Crabtree in the 10th.

We dont have to declare our keepers until a few days before the draft so I am not sure who else will be unavailable yet.

Care to elaborate? What is it you are looking for that you don't currently get?

What I was looking for is a way to input roster makeup as a way to impact the rankings. For instance, in a 2 QB league, Quarterbacks obviously have more weight. Same for WR in cases where you start 3WR instead of the usual 2 (as is the case in my league).