[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name 3 late round running backs to take in a ppr league

Irish27

Depends what you define as late really and how many teams are in the league as that will affect which round they are going in.

Shane Vereen is always good for catches and some carries once Ridley struggles but he's more middle rounds I guess.

Danny Woodhead is pretty much solely a receiving RB

My last one is a real punt but perhaps Tre Mason in St Louis as there's no way Zac Stacy sees that volume of carries again.

Late round steals are kind of arbitrary for a number of reasons. How many teams? Depends on how the guys usually draft, ie RB whores

Rookies and projecting an injury are you best bets but that's just a crap shoot-

Late round rookies I like- Mason, Freeman, Hyde, West and Hill if they didn't go earlier

Others- Knile Davis, Bradshaw/ Brown, Michael, McFadden or MJD

These guys are getting drafted by round 8, not really late IMO

ADP on the main free FF sites has them both going outside the top 100 which in a 12 teamer means at least round 9. Again, depends on your definition of late rounds.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie
  • Like 1

As others have said above, there is not enough information to really give you solid choices.

Despite what others have said, I still think Zac Stacy is someone to look at. Im not sure when your draft is but pay attention to the Rams camp and see what sources are saying about him.

Ryan Mathews is another one that could be in later rounds. He did have his "breakout season" but like a lot of people are doing, they have now crossed him off their list due to his failures.

Kniles Davis has got a little boost as of today with Jamaal Charles holding out of training camp due to wanting more money.

CJ Spiller was a huge bust last season, so he could be in the later rounds. For me, Im not a fan.

For serious Late Rounds PPR, I'm looking at Shane Vereen. He is still unknown to some and his injury last season may scare off some people. I think he has major upside and you can get him rather deep.

Another one is Ben Tate. He shown great skills with the Texans and should fit great with the Browns offense.

As others have said above, there is not enough information to really give you solid choices.

Despite what others have said, I still think Zac Stacy is someone to look at. Im not sure when your draft is but pay attention to the Rams camp and see what sources are saying about him.

Ryan Mathews is another one that could be in later rounds. He did have his "breakout season" but like a lot of people are doing, they have now crossed him off their list due to his failures.

Kniles Davis has got a little boost as of today with Jamaal Charles holding out of training camp due to wanting more money.

CJ Spiller was a huge bust last season, so he could be in the later rounds. For me, Im not a fan.

For serious Late Rounds PPR, I'm looking at Shane Vereen. He is still unknown to some and his injury last season may scare off some people. I think he has major upside and you can get him rather deep.

Another one is Ben Tate. He shown great skills with the Texans and should fit great with the Browns offense.

Look at the ADP of all these players, everyone besides Kniles Davis is not a late rnd pick most are between rnds 3-6.

I have taken miller in the 8-10 range.

7.01 and 7.04 in my 2 drafts so far (12 team, PPR). With Moreno being toast at this point I think he'll continue to climb.

And by late round I was assuming 10-12 or later not 5-8th. Ahh but what do I know? I don't blog and have a podcast. LOL

7.01 and 7.04 in my 2 drafts so far (12 team, PPR). With Moreno being toast at this point I think he'll continue to climb.

And by late round I was assuming 10-12 or later not 5-8th. Ahh but what do I know? I don't blog and have a podcast. LOL

Round 10

Lamar Miller

Current ADP: 116 (118.47)

There are a host of bargains in the 108-120 range, but Miller takes the cake. An extremely-talented player poised to get a second chance in an offense that’s expected to recommit to the run under new OC Bill Lazor, Miller spent the entire offseason ahead of Knowshon Moreno on the depth chart. Now Moreno is recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery, leaving the door open for Miller to run away with No. 1 duties in camp. Miller’s 2013 was a major disappointment, but film review revealed a player let down more by his coaching and offensive line than own running ability. A young back with three-down upside, Miller is perhaps this summer’s most under-drafted player.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/47839/71/questionable-by-the-dozen?pg=2

I consider anything after rnd 9 a "late pick"

Round 10

Lamar Miller

Current ADP: 116 (118.47)

There are a host of bargains in the 108-120 range, but Miller takes the cake. An extremely-talented player poised to get a second chance in an offense that’s expected to recommit to the run under new OC Bill Lazor, Miller spent the entire offseason ahead of Knowshon Moreno on the depth chart. Now Moreno is recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery, leaving the door open for Miller to run away with No. 1 duties in camp. Miller’s 2013 was a major disappointment, but film review revealed a player let down more by his coaching and offensive line than own running ability. A young back with three-down upside, Miller is perhaps this summer’s most under-drafted player.

http://www.rotoworld...-the-dozen?pg=2

I consider anything after rnd 9 a "late pick"

I read that as well but he was taken in the 7th round in my 2 drafts. :shrug: Not sure where this ADP of 10 is coming from

I read that as well but he was taken in the 7th round in my 2 drafts. :shrug: Not sure where this ADP of 10 is coming from

I think he is slowly starting to go in earlier rounds as the season approaches. when i was doing mocks early on i was getting him as late as rnd 12 and now i have seen him go in the 7-9 range.

I think he is slowly starting to go in earlier rounds as the season approaches. when i was doing mocks early on i was getting him as late as rnd 12 and now i have seen him go in the 7-9 range.

I think he'll keep rising especially to teams who pass on RBs in the first 3 rounds and are kind of desperate for someone who "may" get the bulk of touches for one team

• Like 1