[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st year startup dynasty league.

AP prob has 2-4 years left in him, Charles may have 3-4 and the same with Forte. I would not take Lynch as he is prob in the 1-2 year range of production.

It might not be crazy to get Lacy since he is prob in the 5-7 year range in productive years left if all goes well.

Good luck!!!

Is this a PPR league? If so then I would lean towards going receiver, so I would go with Megatron. I just recently did a startup dynasty league draft and I had pick 2. First was Megatron and I took AJ Green at 2.

I wouldn't mind you picking at WR or RB, but do not pick a QB! There is a lot of depth at that position.

Without knowing if this a PPR league or not, it's kinda hard to tell you.

For me personally, I still try and get a solid RB since the depth of that position is still short.

PPR I would go with Megatron especially with McCoy off the board I wouldn't even think twice. In my opinion for dynasty the RB career is just too short. McCoy has maybe 2-3 years, Charles and AP the same. With Megatron you have at least 3-4 more years of being the best WR in the game.

do not pick a WR. WR is DEEP!!! RB is anything but deep and not greeting a top RB this year and for the future will make it very hard.

it is much more likley for a Brian Hartline type player to post top 5 WR game then a player like Shane Vereen to post a top 5 RB score.

here is an espn insider rankings of the top 20 rbs:

1. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles

McCoy is the fuel for Chip Kelly's high-octane offense, a perfect fit in a system that emphasizes speed in space. McCoy is one of the league's best in the open field. He's also a fantastic receiver who can handle a significant workload out of the backfield in addition to his normal duties between the tackles. Working in his favor: The Eagles' offensive line is among the best in the league. Darren Sproles, who at this point of his career is far more of a receiver than a runner, could take a small bite out of McCoy's targets. However, in an offense that runs a tremendous amount of plays, there should be more than enough looks to go around.

gnb.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

2. Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers

Lacy is in a great situation in Green Bay. He is an obvious talent capable of being a true workhorse back and one of the last in a dying breed of NFL runner. The Packers' offense will no doubt move the football, which means Lacy will continue to see unloaded boxes on his way to the end zone. Whoever has Lacy in your league is probably well aware of his potential, but there's always a chance they might not fully understand what they have yet. So throw them an offer, and see what happens: Lacy could anchor your dynasty squad for years to come.

kc.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

3. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs

Coming off a remarkable season, Charles more or less represents the entire Chiefs offense. For the most part, that's a great thing for fantasy owners, who will be thrilled at the number of opportunities Charles should have in Kansas City. But Charles is 27, and given his propensity for injury and his reliance on track-star speed -- usually, the first trait to go -- it's unclear how much longer he'll be productive. The Chiefs also took some lumps along their offensive line this offseason, so make this pick with the proper assessment of risk. Charles is still a fantastic fantasy asset, but it might be time to think about selling high if you can get a great package in return.

cin.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

4. Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals

Given the addition of Jeremy Hill, this might be too high a rank for Bernard, especially because he won't see a lot of short-yardage or goal-line work as the Bengals move to a two-back look. Still, Hill is not even close to the difference-maker that Bernard is, and so even with his presence, I expect Bernard's role overall to expand dramatically. We should see Bernard lined up in the slot and garnering more touches on the ground than he did this past season. This is guy is too tough to keep off the field, and he is an extremely friendly option for QB Andy Dalton. The fantasy points from Bernard will keep coming now, though they should come in bunches.

den.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

5. Montee Ball, Denver Broncos

Ball is in a similar situation to Le'Veon Bell (more on him in just a moment), given that he should receive a boost in touches in his second season. I think Bell is the superior talent as a runner -- he's clearly a better receiver -- but you can't ask for a better situation than the one in which Ball currently finds himself with the Broncos. Ball should have a monster 2014 campaign. However, it might be wise to entertain trade offers for him as the season goes on, particularly after a big game when his value is at its highest; once Manning moves on and the defensive attention begins to focus on Ball, his production could fall off significantly.

pit.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

6. Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers

This might seem high for a back who averaged just 3.5 yards per carry as a rookie, but I contend that Bell looked better and better on tape as the season went along. I also think the Steelers' offensive line (thanks to Mike Munchak and Maurkice Pouncey) will be much better in 2014 than it was in 2013. LeGarrette Blount might eat into Bell's touchdown numbers to some degree, but Bell is also an exceptional receiver for a big back -- a quality you rarely find in the NFL. Oh, and this: Bell doesn't turn 23 until February.

dal.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

7. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys

Yes, Murray is an injury risk, but he is always highly productive when he is on the field. The Cowboys also really don't have anyone to challenge him for touches, and they could feature one of the best offensive lines in the league for the foreseeable future. With its terrible defense, Dallas will have to score a ton of points to stay competitive in games. The personnel is there to do so, and that obviously favors Murray quite a bit.

min.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

8. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings

This ranking might seem crazy, given Peterson's status as an all-time great and the fact that he continues to play outstanding football as he approaches his 30th birthday. But this is dynasty we're talking about, and so it is Peterson's age -- and his prospect for long-term success -- rather than previous performance that is key. In a redraft league, I would take Peterson first overall. And while I certainly understand that AP is different from most running backs -- his recovery from surgery a few years ago is the stuff of legend -- he's still just as likely to fall off a cliff sometime in the next handful of seasons. Still, with Teddy Bridgewater likely taking over soon rather than later, Peterson is sure to get a lot of work carrying the weight of an inexperienced quarterback. But for a guy who has been a workhorse for a long time now, Peterson might not be able to shoulder a large load for much longer.

chi.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

9. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears

In redraft, Forte is a Top 5 RB. He is a great player who is ideally suited for the offense on a team that will need to score plenty of points to win. My hesitation with Forte is that he will be turning 29 years old during the season and has accumulated an awful lot of touches over his college and pro careers. It is possible that his value is as high as it will ever be right now, which makes him a sell-high candidate for me. But could Forte remain an RB1 for the next two or three years? No question about it.

sea.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

10. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks

Lynch is simply a great football player and should be higher on this list if your dynasty team is truly in win-now mode. But Christine Michael was drafted for a reason, and the Seahawks very well could choose to use their money elsewhere than on a running back who has taken quite a bit of punishment over the years. Lynch recently turned 28 and is coming off a season (including playoffs) in which he carried the ball 366 times. Plus, I have major questions about the Seahawks' offensive line overall.

tb.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true11. Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Martin frightens me for what he costs in dynasty leagues nowadays. He is coming off a serious shoulder injury (believe it or not, shoulders are important for running backs), and the Bucs used a pretty high pick on Charles Sims even though they also haveMike James, who played well when given the opportunity this past season. Martin has also gotten a lot of his production in his career in just a handful of games, his offensive line could be worse than it was in 2013, and frankly, he was underwhelming last year before his shoulder injury. He catches the ball well and is an every-down volume running back, but I am a little hesitant right now and think Sims was drafted to be the receiver at this position for Tampa Bay.

ari.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

12. Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals

Ellington's stock is very much on the rise. I am intrigued by the Cardinals' offense overall and feel they will be much improved on that side of the ball in 2014. Ellington has a lot to do with that, as does a noticeably improved offensive line. However, regardless of what his head coach might say to the contrary, I don't think Ellington is a high-volume runner. He just isn't built for it at this level. But his outstanding receiving skills and big-play ability make him a solid fantasy back moving forward.

buf.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

13. C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills

Spiller's durability (or lack thereof) makes him as frightening to me as anybody in the top 20. He has never shown he can hold up and isn't built for a high number of touches. The Bills run the ball a ton, so when Spiller is right, he is simply outstanding and a highly productive back. But I also think Buffalo's flirtations with moving up to draft Carlos Hyde and then settling by trading a draft pick for Bryce Brown, while Fred Jackson is still playing good ball, demonstrates that they too are concerned. Doug Marrone seems to prefer a two-back offense. Still, if I knew Spiller would stay healthy for the most part, he probably would be in my Top 5 dynasty running backs. Proceed with caution.

was.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

14. Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins

Like most running backs in this section of this list, Morris presents some concerns. He's a somewhat pedestrian talent who offers little as a receiver, and so I fear Jay Gruden will slowly eliminate what Morris did so well under Mike Shanahan, which was to run heavy amounts of zone concepts. The Redskins drafted two big, mauling offensive linemen rather than the athletic, nimble type that Shanahan demanded for his scheme. This offense is loaded with talented players and, much like the Cowboys, will have to score a lot of points to be competitive, so Morris won't fall off the map. But he could come to look closer toBenJarvus Green-Ellis than the massive producer he has been to this point in his young career.

stl.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

15. Zac Stacy, St. Louis Rams

The Rams' offensive line should be very strong for years to come, and Stacy was highly impressive during his rookie season. Defenses, though, came to key on him as the season went on last year. In addition, the presence of Tre Mason worries me. Stacy and Mason are different type of runners, but I could make the argument that Mason is the superior player with the ball in his hands. It might take a while for Mason to get playing time, but to me, Stacy isn't a special player and could eventually land in a timeshare situation -- or worse.

sea.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

16. Christine Michael, Seattle Seahawks

I am very high on Michael. He has it all, and if in the right situation, he could be a true fantasy RB1. But Michael owners rostered him all of the past year and didn't get a bit of production. That is fine. Thanks to Lynch, they knew that might be the case when they drafted Michael in their rookie drafts. But let's just say Michael remains buried in Seattle. That is two years of him eating a roster spot and giving you zero. As inflated as Michael's stock has become of late, it could be the shrewd play to move him for a ransom. But beware: That could come back to bite you in 2015. He is a rare talent.

hou.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

17. Arian Foster, Houston Texans

I worry we have seen the best of Foster. He stills looks excellent on tape, but he has withstood a lot of punishment over the past few seasons, and I don't think we know if the Texans will be running nearly as much zone blocking (which suits Foster so well) now as they did under Gary Kubiak. Could Foster once again be a top-five running back in 2013? Certainly, but I'd rather trade him a year too early than be stuck with him year too late.

sd.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

18. Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers

Like with Spiller, there's an injury risk here. But given the fluky nature of Matthews' physical woes, I tend to worry less about him than I do Buffalo's back. I also thought Mathews' career really turned a corner last year. He looked great when on the field. He has the size, power, vision and movement skills to be a true workhorse running back. That said, his offensive line isn't the best, he is just average in the passing game, and the Chargers inexplicably added Donald Brown in free agency. But even so I like what I have seen from Mathews and have looked to acquire him in each of my three dynasty leagues.

sf.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

19. Carlos Hyde, San Francisco 49ers

We know Jim Harbaugh isn't shy about pounding the rock. The 49ers have one of the best -- if not the best -- run-blocking units in the NFL, and their offensive line looks highly equipped to dominate the trenches for years to come. Hyde might not contribute much in 2014 -- though he could be second on the depth chart behind Frank Gore -- but expect him to be San Francisco's leading ball carrier in 2015 and beyond. That is an excellent situation for this talented rookie, albeit one that could take a little patience from his dynasty owner. Marcus Lattimore could also throw a wrench in the plan, but I am betting that Hyde will be much higher on this list one year from now. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him in the top 10 in 2015 or even higher.

ne.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

20. Stevan Ridley, New England Patriots

We all know the issues here. Ridley is a very good runner and has been the best Patriots back for some time now, but he simply fumbles too often. Bill Belichick obviously isn't particularly fond of such habits, and therefore, predicting the New England backfield proves difficult. But I am still on board with Ridley and, frankly, hope he ends up on a new team after his contract expires after this season. It does help Ridley that LeGarrette Blount is now in Pittsburgh.

and here is the top 20 overall, although i would not go with a wr with the top 3-4 picks and lock up a RB, BUT i am not against it completely.

1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints

The only negative thing I can come up with for Graham is an unlikely scenario in which his contract situation lands him with another team moving forward. It's also worth mentioning that Drew Brees won't play forever, and that Graham does tend to get dinged up his fair share. But the hybrid tight end/receiver is tough and plays through injury, is uncoverable near the goal line and is an overall mismatch in all areas of the receiving game. He's scored 36 touchdowns in three seasons, including one per game a year ago. He's only getting better, which is frightening.

gnb.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

7. Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers

Lacy is in a great situation in Green Bay. He is an obvious talent capable of being a true workhorse back and one of the last in a dying breed of NFL runner. The Packers' offense will no doubt move the football, which means Lacy will continue to see unloaded boxes on his way to the end zone. Whoever has Lacy in your league is probably well aware of his potential, but there's always a chance they might not fully understand what they have yet. So throw them an offer, and see what happens: Lacy could anchor your dynasty squad for years to come.

den.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true8. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos

Like Green, Thomas has posted two great and very similar stat lines over the past two seasons. Like those above him in these ranks, Thomas has it all. His skills transcend that of his quarterback. Thomas can burn a cornerback deep or on intermediate routes. He can catch the ball in the backfield off a screen and burn defenders after the catch. He will be a force for years to come, no matter who is throwing him the ball.

chi.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true9. Alshon Jeffrey, Chicago Bears

There is a drop off in the rankings after Thomas. But Jeffrey is still awfully enticing. He came on like gangbusters last season and represents a massive mismatch that Marc Trestman can exploit to the Bears' (and fantasy owners') advantage. Jay Cutler might prefer Brandon Marshall, but with Cutler's freewheeling style, I bet he warms up to throwing 50-50 balls to Jeffrey, who has some of the best ball skills in the league. Few cover men have a chance going up for a ball against Jeffery. He is going to score a ton of touchdowns in his career.

kc.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true10. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs

Coming off a remarkable season, Charles more or less represents the entire Chiefs offense. For the most part, that's a great thing for fantasy owners, who will be thrilled at the number of opportunities Charles should have in Kansas City. But Charles is 27, and given his propensity for injury and his reliance on track-star speed -- usually, the first trait to go -- it's unclear how much longer he'll be productive. The Chiefs also took some lumps along their offensive line this offseason, so make this pick with the proper assessment of risk. Charles is still a fantastic fantasy asset, but it might be time to think about selling high if you can get a great package in return.

cin.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true11. Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals

Given the addition of Jeremy Hill, this might be too high a rank for Bernard, especially because he won't see a lot of short-yardage or goal-line work as the Bengals move to a two-back look. Still, Hill is not even close to the difference-maker that Bernard is, and so even with his presence, I expect Bernard's role overall to expand dramatically. We should see Bernard lined up in the slot and garnering more touches on the ground than he did this past season. This is guy is too tough to keep off the field, and he is an extremely friendly option for QB Andy Dalton. The fantasy points from Bernard will keep coming now, though they should come in bunches.

den.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true12. Montee Ball, Denver Broncos

Ball is in a similar situation to Le'Veon Bell (more on him in just a moment), given that he should receive a boost in touches in his second season. I think Bell is the superior talent as a runner -- he's clearly a better receiver -- but you can't ask for a better situation than the one in which Ball currently finds himself with the Broncos. Ball should have a monster 2014 campaign. However, it might be wise to entertain trade offers for him as the season goes on, particularly after a big game when his value is at its highest; once Manning moves on and the defensive attention begins to focus on Ball, his production could fall off significantly.

pit.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true13. Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers

This might seem high for a back who averaged just 3.5 yards per carry as a rookie, but I contend that Bell looked better and better on tape as the season went along. I also think the Steelers' offensive line (thanks to Mike Munchak and Maurkice Pouncey) will be much better in 2014 than it was in 2013. LeGarrette Blount might eat into Bell's touchdown numbers to some degree, but Bell is also an exceptional receiver for a big back -- a quality you rarely find in the NFL. Oh, and this: Bell doesn't turn 23 until February.

buf.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

14. Sammy Watkins, Buffalo Bills

I am smitten with Watkins. I think he is just a tad shy of being on the Dez Bryant/Julio Jones level of talent, which makes him a nearly-elite wide receiver prospect and difference-maker. However, I am not as fond of Watkins' situation and, more specifically, his quarterback situation. Doug Marrone does a good job getting his weapons into space, and Watkins is great with the ball in his hands as an elusive and powerful runner, but EJ Manuel still frightens me, considering what Watkins costs to obtain.

tb.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

15. Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Evans is a tremendous fantasy-friendly talent. Not only should Evans benefit from learning from Vincent Jackson, but he also could prosper early on with the attention Jackson receives from opposing defenses. Evans also joins a team that, aside from Jackson, is extremely light at the wide receiver position, so the starting job should be his from day one. I don't love his quarterback situation in Tampa Bay, and yet, Evans should be a huge factor down the field and especially in the red zone. And at just 20 years old, he's got a long career ahead of him. There is an argument to be made for taking Evans over Watkins at the top of your rookie draft.

min.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true16. Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota Vikings

As we began to see late last season, Patterson is simply an amazing specimen. With the ball in his hands, Patterson is as good as it gets. Simply put, he has everything needed to excel as an NFL wide receiver. Norv Turner brings a highly vertical passing scheme to Minnesota. And while Patterson is still raw, he has the physical characteristics to develop into one of the best deep threats in football. There is risk here but reward too: Patterson could one day rank No. 1 on this list.

dal.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true17. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys

Yes, Murray is an injury risk, but he is always highly productive when he is on the field. The Cowboys also really don't have anyone to challenge him for touches, and they could feature one of the best offensive lines in the league for the foreseeable future. With its terrible defense, Dallas will have to score a ton of points to stay competitive in games. The personnel is there to do so, and that obviously favors Murray quite a bit.

pit.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true18. Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers

Brown flourished as the Steelers' true No. 1 receiver in 2013 and finished second in the NFL in receptions. But don't mistake Brown as a possession receiver. He is very explosive and agile and is extremely dangerous after the catch. He shows toughness, but his size is a hindrance near the goal line. The Steelers have acquired some new targets forBen Roethlisberger, but there is no reason to think Brown should not remain the No. 1 option here for some time 20.

gb.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true

19. Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers

I love watching Cobb play. He is a dynamic playmaker who can do a lot of things to help his NFL team win, but he frightens me for dynasty and could be an ideal sell-high candidate right now. Here are my concerns: First off, he is undersized (5-foot-10, 192 pounds) and coming off an injury. Second, though he is a dynamic athlete, he isn't a burner, and once his athleticism wanes, he won't have the size to make up for it. Plus, even though Cobb is very young (23), he has yet to record a 1,000-yard receiving season. Maybe my biggest worry about Cobb is that he is a free agent at the end of the season, and the Packers drafted three receivers in May. What if Cobb is playing for Oakland, Kansas City or Cleveland next year?

chi.png?w=50&h=50&transparent=true20. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears

The Bears recently locked up Marshall for the foreseeable future, and while he is getting up there in age (30), his is the type of game that typically translates well after 30. He is a big target and plays with toughness, especially as a ball carrier. As impressive as Jeffrey was last year, Marshall still remains Jay Cutler's favorite option. Marshall has a seven-year streak going of catching at least 80 passes for at least 1,000 yards. He isn't going away just yet.

I would really focus on going WR or a very young RB. I wouldn't touch AP/Lynch ... and in all honesty I would build your team around WRs, QBs and try and grab 1-2 decent starting RBs this year and load up on future potential.

RBs I would look to this year to utilize as starters ... Pierre Thomas, Rashad Jennings, Ben Tate ... guys that can contribute solidly but won't cost you an early pick. Use the first couple rounds to load up at WR and get a stud young QB. I've never done a dynasty draft so I don't know how exactly it would work compared to normal draft ...

I would take Megatron, but AJ Green has a few more years on him ... Tron is getting up there a bit ... but obviously that's less of a concern at WR.