[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keeper advice 12 team PPR

downescj7

I am in a 12 team PPR league with the 11th pick. (snake normal PPR scoring) We have a flex WR/TE spot so we are not required to take a TE. I have to pick 2 keepers of the below 3. Keepers count as two spots higher each year. Thoughts?

Vincent Jackson 7th round

Julius Thomas 11th round

Jeremy Maclin 13th round

Which two? Thanks,

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR/TE

PK

D

Thanks Big Country. Yeah, i'm having a hard time with this one. I'm pretty set on Maclin for value in the 13th (despite the injury risk)I go back and forth between Thomas and Jackson about every 5 minutes in my head. Huddle has them virtually equals in projected points this year. I like the value of Thomas in the 11th, but I like your reasoning about flexibility. Just torn on the prospect of using a 7th vs 11th rounder.

Do you guys really believe that Julius Thomas is going to outscore Maclin straight up? Heck, you think VJax is going to outscore Maclin?

If this was a TE mandatory league, I could see the argument, but as this is not a TE mandatory league, I just don't see it.

Maclin has risk coming off the injury for sure, but he is the #1 receiving option in a very fast paced offense that passes a lot.

Why are so many people down on Maclin? Huddle has him as the 39th best player in a PPR league like mine. J. thomas is 41st,( granted as a TE) and VJax 59th. (both virtually equal on projected points though) I'd be getting Maclin in the 13th round. I see Footballguys has Maclin valued way lower though. Is it just the injury risk, or do they think he won't see W1 type production even with no D Jackson? I don't see Cooper as a W1.

I thought it was a lock I should take him at 13. My tougher decision was VJAX at 7 or J thomas at 11. Am I crazy?

Jackson and Maclin. No TE required and the other 2 will be the top targets on their team this season.

Love to know the rational for guys saying Julius "4th target on my team" Thomas

Why are so many people down on Maclin? Huddle has him as the 39th best player in a PPR league like mine. J. thomas is 41st,( granted as a TE) and VJax 59th. (both virtually equal on projected points though) I'd be getting Maclin in the 13th round. I see Footballguys has Maclin valued way lower though. Is it just the injury risk, or do they think he won't see W1 type production even with no D Jackson? I don't see Cooper as a W1.

I thought it was a lock I should take him at 13. My tougher decision was VJAX at 7 or J thomas at 11. Am I crazy?

Realize that those overall rankings are based on a TE being a required, separate position. The lack of a required TE devalues them greatly, you just slot them in between the WRs with similar projected points.

Jackson and Maclin. No TE required and the other 2 will be the top targets on their team this season.

Love to know the rational for guys saying Julius "4th target on my team" Thomas

Because most responders don;t read the details and just assume TE is required, or have only player in TE required leagues and have no idea how to adjust their thinking/valuation to account for the lack of a required TE.

Realize that those overall rankings are based on a TE being a required, separate position. The lack of a required TE devalues them greatly, you just slot them in between the WRs with similar projected points.

Because most responders don;t read the details and just assume TE is required, or have only player in TE required leagues and have no idea how to adjust their thinking/valuation to account for the lack of a required TE.

Ohhhh I knew that. Just wasn't sure if they knew that ;)

Thanks guys. I do realize the rankings were TE mandatory based. Was just having a hard time because the huddle actually has Thomas with slightly higher ( albeit just 3 points) in projected points than VJax. I know it's just one site's projections. If this were the case I'd want Thomas over Jackson just because of the 11th round value vs. 7th. However, I'm leaning towards VJax because I tend to agree with the thought that Thomas is a 3rd or 4th option for Manning (especially with the addition of Sanders) and Jackson should be a clear number 1. I also am thinking that Thomas' value goes to nil if anything either happens to Manning, or he decides to retire next year.

I'll roll the dice on Maclin's injury history. Too much upside at 13 to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Maclin falling in rankings is concerning me now. Most sites have Thomas scoring more points than him regardless of whether i have to keep a TE or not. This decision is driving me crazy.

Leaning Jackson and Thomas. Who knows how i'll feel tomorrow. Draft is in two days.