[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep Rodgers or Randall Cobb?

I was thinking Rodger for the longest time, but now I need to really make a decision.

10 team league, and MUST keep 4 players ( and you can keep them for as long as you like )

My keepers for sure: Peterson, Calvin, and Julio ( all drafted as rookies )

Then I am trying to decide on whether to keep Cobb or Rodgers.

I don't think I would get Rodgers back if I let him go, but I would get Stafford, almost guaranteed. I also had Foles, who I am not keeping, but I know one guy in the league who will draft him ahead of any other available QB, so that means less competition for Stafford.

Likely QBs kept will be Peyton, Brees, Newton, and Luck.... possibly Ryan.

Which would you keep?

Oh, PPR league, and I am thinking if he stays healthy, Cobb should get 90+ catches... so I am leaning Cobb now.

Edited by Papa Deuce

What are your lineup requirements?

You mention that you could likely get Stafford back, is that only if you use your first pick on him, or would you be getting him back with a 2nd/3rd rounder?

In general, QB is deep and generally easy to replace, with WR the second easiest to replace. If you can start 3 WRs, then having Calvin, Julio and Cobb would be nasty. Then you could target a 2nd RB with your first pick (if you need to start 2) then look at TE/QB (lineup dependent of course).

Again, lineup dependent, but if you are required to start 2 RBs, maybe find a team that has a stud RB but is rather weak at their other keepers and offer them Rodgers and Cobb for the RB - then you have locked up 2 top RBs and 2 top WRs to build your team around.

• Like 1

We do start 3 WR.

1 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 TE

1 D/st

BWebs, I did not understand your question.

Big Country, I "think" I could wait until the 2nd round to get Stafford. The thing is, I have Calvin, and we award weekly winnings so a great week by them can win the week.... and we have some players who don't necessarily play to win, as much as they play to ruin other people's winning, so someone might take Stafford just on spite. Not that he would be a bad choice for any reason.

Edited by Papa Deuce

We do start 3 WR.

1 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 TE

1 D/st

BWebs, I did not understand your question.

Big Country, I "think" I could wait until the 2nd round to get Stafford. The thing is, I have Calvin, and we award weekly winnings so a great week by them can win the week.... and we have some players who don't necessarily play to win, as much as they play to ruin other people's winning, so someone might take Stafford just on spite. Not that he would be a bad choice for any reason.

First - to address your question of bwebs, he was basically asking if you have to forfeit picks, etc. to keep players - I am assuming you do not and that this is just a straight 4 keeper league.

Do you get more points by having both parts of a passing/receiving combo? i.e, instead of 6 points for the receiving TD for Calvin and 4 points for Stafford, do you get 9 points for the receiving TD and 6 points for the passing TD just because both are in your lineup?

Assuming the answer is no to that question, than them being on the same team and a "hookup" is completely irrelevant. You would get the same award if any QB on your team and any WR on your team had a good week.

Your goal is to field the team that will score the most points in total - draft your team accordingly. So, for example, the only reason to draft Stafford is if you believe he will be the highest scoring QB still available to you and the drop off from Stafford to the likely available QBs at your next picks is greater than the drop off between the players available at your other positions of need.

So, given your lineup requirements, I think my plan(note that this is always subject to change/modification based on how the draft actually plays out and who is actually available at each pick) would be as follows:

Keep Peterson, Calvin, Julio and Randall

With my first pick, I most likely plan to address my RB2 position (unless a stud TE is for some reason available and no RB jumps out at me). We know for sure that Rodgers, Foles and Stafford are available in the draft - I will assume several other QBs of similar caliber (ok, Rodgers is possibly a tier higher than the others) are available as well, meaning you can safely wait on QB.

My 2nd pick depends on who is available, what teams picking after me need and how many picks are between my 2nd/3rd pick - I may well wait on QB again if there are a couple good ones available and most teams already have one, thus allowing me to either address my TE position or, depending on the caliber of the RB2 I likely selected in round 1, address my backup RB as this is a potential position of weakness. With the 3 studs you have at WR, you can afford to wait a little while before addressing backup/bye week WRs.

Just approach the next few rounds the same way, with a most likely plan of taking a QB, TE and 2 RBs with your first 4 picks.