[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Wide Receivers repeat numbers 70% of the time

If you're mocking this summer, which I'm sure you are, and find yourself practicing on draft slots 6-8 in a 10-man league...try a different approach than most, and impress your "Mock" draft room fellow cyber owners.

Go Upside Down......--Uh.....(Drafting that is...)

With Upside Down Drafting.......Don't just take Jimmy G at the 7th spot, on the return trip back (as it snakes it way to your 2nd Pick) try this approach and draft another Wide Out Stud...because then you'll have (2) Wide Outs. Just because Jimmy G isn't paid like a WR, he's still gonna get you..yours ( mega fantasy points) that is. And furthermore, have a 51% advantage over any T.E you face all season long before the matchup even begins.

Depending on what is presented in front of you for your 3rd pick, make your decision then, if a RB is worthy for your team, great take him with your gut meter, but then again, why not take another Wide Out Stud? And structure your solid-core squad with guys who'll repeat their fantasy numbers more often than RB's who get injured, become busts, or worse stress you out all season long with RBBC decisions.

You'll have plenty of time to grab a solid Runner at the 4th spot, trust me. In fact, I landed Eddie Lacy last season at the 4th slot by using this wonderful system. Looking at your team, you'll find that a super WR and TE group will only benefit you later in the season, when your only deficiency being a RB-2, or lower grade one RB-3. Just hit the waiver harder, and seek last year's Zac Stacy, and shoot for more Runners in the middle rounds of your draft. Sounds back to front? Right? Seems silly....of course, but it works, and you'll just have to try mocking it to know what I mean.

If you've already tried this, great, but I'm shocked at how many people are un-aware of the Upside Down Drafting benefits, if you're not blessed with the overall 1st (5) picks on your league's Draft board, give it a whirl, be prepared to be heckled, laughed at or even questioned as to why you're doing what you're doing. Just reply to the Mock Draft Room, Hey, Boyz or Girlz--just wait till the draft is over, and then we'll compare teams. I promise you'll be shocked at what you find.

Good luck!

UDD Works!

• Like 1

It's all about value really, don't take an RB first round because that's seen as the done thing.

I agree although it is done because there are only a few RBs who get the Lions share and it is good to own at least one.

However, PPR scoring mashes more RBs valuable. .. or rather serviceable depending on how you draft early

I agree although it is done because there are only a few RBs who get the Lions share and it is good to own at least one.

However, PPR scoring mashes more RBs valuable. .. or rather serviceable depending on how you draft early

Very true but in a few of my leagues last year I saw people rushing to take RBs at the end of round 1 because people above them did the same. It lead to quite a few busts when the guys who took elite WRs thrived, in one league I got AJ Green at #21 which was just madness.

If you're mocking this summer, which I'm sure you are, and find yourself practicing on draft slots 6-8 in a 10-man league...try a different approach than most, and impress your "Mock" draft room fellow cyber owners.

Go Upside Down......--Uh.....(Drafting that is...)

With Upside Down Drafting.......Don't just take Jimmy G at the 7th spot, on the return trip back (as it snakes it way to your 2nd Pick) try this approach and draft another Wide Out Stud...because then you'll have (2) Wide Outs. Just because Jimmy G isn't paid like a WR, he's still gonna get you..yours ( mega fantasy points) that is. And furthermore, have a 51% advantage over any T.E you face all season long before the matchup even begins.

Depending on what is presented in front of you for your 3rd pick, make your decision then, if a RB is worthy for your team, great take him with your gut meter, but then again, why not take another Wide Out Stud? And structure your solid-core squad with guys who'll repeat their fantasy numbers more often than RB's who get injured, become busts, or worse stress you out all season long with RBBC decisions.

You'll have plenty of time to grab a solid Runner at the 4th spot, trust me. In fact, I landed Eddie Lacy last season at the 4th slot by using this wonderful system. Looking at your team, you'll find that a super WR and TE group will only benefit you later in the season, when your only deficiency being a RB-2, or lower grade one RB-3. Just hit the waiver harder, and seek last year's Zac Stacy, and shoot for more Runners in the middle rounds of your draft. Sounds back to front? Right? Seems silly....of course, but it works, and you'll just have to try mocking it to know what I mean.

If you've already tried this, great, but I'm shocked at how many people are un-aware of the Upside Down Drafting benefits, if you're not blessed with the overall 1st (5) picks on your league's Draft board, give it a whirl, be prepared to be heckled, laughed at or even questioned as to why you're doing what you're doing. Just reply to the Mock Draft Room, Hey, Boyz or Girlz--just wait till the draft is over, and then we'll compare teams. I promise you'll be shocked at what you find.

Good luck!

UDD Works!

This is revolutionary stuff. You are a true pioneer! :lol:
  • Like 3

I was actually thinking about doing this, after being a bit disappointed with my last mock team. Now i will definitely try it, thanks!

Might post my results once i have done it!

For anyone interested i did a mock draft, where i focused on core players first, and not necessarily RB's.

I had 7'th pick, here are the results:

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Andre Ellington

RB: Bishop Sankey

WR: Calvin Johnson

WR: Antonio Brown

TE: Jimmy Graham

Flex: Shane Vereen

Defence: Broncos

Kicker: Blair Walsh

Bench: T.Y. Hilton

Bench: Emmanuel Sanders

Bench: Lamar Miller

Bench: Bernard Pierce

Bench: Chris Ivory

Bench: Martellus Bennett

Note: One of my fellow mock drafters was retarded.

Edited by dbraven

Return of the Elf?

Was thinking the same thing. Also, is the original poster's idea really news to any of you? This strategy has been in play for years. Those just finding out about it have probably been getting schooled.

Edited by irish

Was thinking the same thing. Also, is the original poster's idea really news to any of you? This strategy has been in play for years. Those just finding out about it have probably been getting schooled.

Definitely not a new strategy... some sites have had articles with the same title, etc. for many years now.

Also, curious how in addition to the OP only having one post (this one), the only responder acting like this is news also had this thread as their first post. Somehow I am thinking they may be one and the same.

• Like 1

Definitely not a new strategy... some sites have had articles with the same title, etc. for many years now.

Also, curious how in addition to the OP only having one post (this one), the only responder acting like this is news also had this thread as their first post. Somehow I am thinking they may be one and the same.

Good thought.

:pflag: Attempting to create credibility for oneself.

If it is me you are referring to, I can assure you that me and OP are not the same person. And I know it isn't a new strategy, but it is to me anyway. It is not like i didn't know that you could do it this way (duh), it's more of a question about actually doing it. And reading a well written argument for the strategy, just strengthens mine and others will to use the strategy. It is not always a question of new, you know.

Drafting the guy that's going to score the most points, yes, is a stunning revelation--but to actually have the "Stones" to pull off this type of Drafting style is really another topic for discussion. Sure, this method is not my own, but what I'm stressing here is you can't go Boldly...Upside Down if you bail out half way thru the draft. Which, I've seen far too many owners do.

When critics say, the system sucks, or didn't work, really the answer is....did you? (work? more specially). Did you complete your homework pre-season? Did you stick with the model? Or did you exit the ballpark after the 6th inning, because you read the musings of some "Gag-mag" which costs you $8.99 on the books-shelf 10 min before your Draft party.

BTW i finished 61 out of 6,000 teams in the FBG high stakes league challenge using this system. It works, and for those that are set in their "Old School" Running back ways, I say good luck--because like the "Hot" chick you finally get to take out to an expensive restaurant, (the RB) or fine Gal--has disappointed you once again, while the sure-fire Wide Out wins you the league Title.

Drafting the guy that's going to score the most points, yes, is a stunning revelation--but to actually have the "Stones" to pull off this type of Drafting style is really another topic for discussion. Sure, this method is not my own, but what I'm stressing here is you can't go Boldly...Upside Down if you bail out half way thru the draft. Which, I've seen far too many owners do.

When critics say, the system sucks, or didn't work, really the answer is....did you? (work? more specially). Did you complete your homework pre-season? Did you stick with the model? Or did you exit the ballpark after the 6th inning, because you read the musings of some "Gag-mag" which costs you $8.99 on the books-shelf 10 min before your Draft party.

BTW i finished 61 out of 6,000 teams in the FBG high stakes league challenge using this system. It works, and for those that are set in their "Old School" Running back ways, I say good luck--because like the "Hot" chick you finally get to take out to an expensive restaurant, (the RB) or fine Gal--has disappointed you once again, while the sure-fire Wide Out wins you the league Title.

I think you've exited the ballpark