[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Wide Receivers repeat numbers 70% of the time

Wow what amazing insight 'Upside Down Drafting Guru' tell me more about how I draft this amazing upside down team!!!

Well, you see, you stand on your head and then while holding your cheatsheet upside down, you draft your team by saying their names backwards grabbing kickers and defense first since that'll put you ahead of your competitors and in front of the position runs instead of playing catch up.

No, my Irish buddy--your referring to how your Cowboys go about their Division in the NFC....they "show" upside....then, they unfortuantly go down.

Look at the current direction of NFL, this Model is for winners....

LoL! Lifelong Cowboys fans don't fall for the show of upside anymore. This year, we'll be 5-11 maybe 6-10.

Next he'll tell us that we should get a smartphone before everyone else does

They exist?!?! You know what people should do? Find a way to play scrabble against other people using those phones. That'd be awesome!!

Edited by irish

"Draft the player that will get you the most points."

Sounds like something Madden would have said.

Followed by a BOOOOM!!!

I agree with you to an extent but I feel like this year is a bit different. I don't see as much depth at RB as I have in past years. I remember like 5 years (the year Ray Rice blew up), I picked 11th out of 12 and took Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Thomas Jones, and Ray Rice with my top 4. I dominated that season.

This year though, unless I am blind to the mid round potential stud RBs I don't see the depth, whereas I do see a lot of depth at WR. Right now I have been mocking from the 10th spot out of 12 and I am consistently getting a RB tandem of either Ball/Foster or Ball/Gio (the latter is more common). I find a tandem like that very difficult to pass up because in my 3rd/4th turn around I can usually get a combo of guys like Cobb(sometimes, but rarely)/Cruz/Garcon/Keenan Allen/Patterson.

Through my mocks my most common team I come up with out of going RB-RB-WR-WR is Ball-Gio-Garcon-Cruz.....I can't lie that I feel pretty confident going to battle with them guys.

Not too shabby ECK. However, question for ya - check out my post in the Charles thread or RBs are weak thread and you'll find some of the backs I'm suggesting for the 4th round and beyond. If you can grab 1-2 of AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, and/or Jimmy Graham with your 10th and 15th picks and then 2 RBs like - Ellington, Stacy, Morris, Spiller, Bush, Doug Martin, Chris Johnson, etc in the 3rd-5th rounds, that would be a phenomenal start. Even a guy like Ray Rice, Richardson, J. Bell, Mathews, Gerhart, Vereen would be great to have after getting 2 top tier WRs, possibly Gronk in the 3rd and than 2 of those RBs in the 4th and 5th.

Thoughts?

There are definitely guys that you mentioned that I do like. But I do have to say that a number of them there's no chance at getting. In order for this strategy to really work I think that you need to be drafting towards the latter end of the 1st round, and I think that rules out a 3rd round selection of Morris, Stacy, Spiller, and maybe Bush.

The guys I really like on your list though are Ellington, Martin, CJ2K, and Vereen. That being said though, I'm going to feel a little shaky heading into a season with 2 of those as my RB1 and RB2.....especially when Montee Ball will probably be staring me in the face in the first round.

The years I have gone WR/WR I have been confident in my team when others were not. But I went into those years with complete confidence in the guys that were sitting there in the 3rd-5th rounds. This year doesn't give me that same confidence.

But hey, people doubted me and I won championships with that strategy so maybe now I am just someone doubting you and you will have the last laugh at the end

Edited by ECK

While we are on the topic of these mid-round running backs.....I have recently started to get a little high on Pierre Thomas. No Sproles to steal catches and not much competition. I don't have much faith in Robinson and I doubt Ingram will ever amount to making much of an impact. I usually don't get wrapped up in RBs who seem to have been around forever and have always been pretty mediocre, but this year I would love to settle on him as a RB3, maybe even a RB2 (if I wind up playing the wait on a RB strategy).

Here's my issue with PT, yes, he always seems to be the best back to have on that team and with Sproles gone, he should be money and be their best RB. However, there's hesitation because Ingram showed some promise last season and unlike you, I love Khiry Robinson, and think he'll be huge at some point in the near future. I'm buying on Robinson.

Edited by irish

Here's my issue with PT, yes, he always seems to be the best back to have on that team and with Sproles gone, he should be money and be their best RB. However, there's hesitation because Ingram showed some promise last season and unlike you, I love Khiry Robinson, and think he'll be huge at some point in the near future. I'm buying on Robinson.

I always loved PT in New Orleans but he seems to always miss a stretch of games and Ingram only really lit it up in the playoffs....regular season he seems to not get it done...

And I like Khiry Robinson a ton if PT goes down...