[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manziel

Crazysight

Soooon we will see if there is a chance that Johnny 8-Ball is ready for prime time. If not, him and Gordon can be the "new" Cheech and Chong. Nice Dreams indeed. With all that "seed" money they'd surely have a pimp truck to distribute (j/k) (kinda) ...We'll see.

Looked like a rookie last night but liked what I saw. He clearly has an arm and good accuracy. Seemed like offense was dumbed down for him, one reads. He admitted that too. Biggest thing will be can he learn an NFL offense and do some more complex things. I think he can.

In the beginning of the game they said he'd work with the #1 OL (not recievers and back), and then I guess they went too long and he ended up with the complete 2nd team, which he's spent most of his practice time with. Didn't watch the 2nd half but he looked pretty good. I think there's a good chance he starts the 2nd game, so he has time with the first team in game situation. Then they team will probably decide before game 3, so the starter can get a full 2 quarters or more work with that unit. Still think that Hoyer has the edge and is probably the safe pick. Better to have Manziel come along slowly than get tossed into the fire too early and flame out.

The Browns offense as a whole was not great, but they were without Jordan Cameron and still learning a new system.

I also heard that he flipped the skin's fans off tonight. I never liked Manziel.

• Like 1

I've never liked him much because of all the hype and his "holier than thou" personality. All that I have seen on the field so far has only strengthened my dislike for this young man and I highly doubt he will be successful in the NFL.

Yeah - I was watching the game with my 5 year old, Manziel threw another lame duck - just as the camera showed him walking back to the huddle, he flipped the bird to someone behind him. The camera turned to another camera pretty quick, but I saw it - so did my daughter. Her eyes got big and she put her hands over her mouth. I laughed - told her "Yeah, if I were a Browns fan, I'd be sick too." She asked "What's a Browns". LOL

That flip of the bird just shows how far he has to go to even approach maturity. He's had everything so easy up until now that the first time he finds himself unable to do anything on the field he flips off the Team From Washington. I realize his emotions run a little hot, and the positive flip side of that is his great desire to be great, but he has to learn to temper those emotions during failure. I can't wait to see if he flips off a ref eventually for not getting a roughing the passer call or a PI call on his receiver when the DB picks off the pass.

I don't think splitting reps with the first team between QBs is helping things. Yep both guys looked bad, throws were off but the receivers weren't helping much dropping balls they could have caught. The running game looks a little better, Tate's a good fit to the scheme and I like the talent of West.

The defense does look good, and that does give me some hope. They (like all teams) need to adapt to the increased emphasis on illegal contact.

As for the starting QB, coach Pettine may be waiting another week until after the Saturday pre-season game at home to make a decision. Which means more split time in practice this week, more split time in the game, and no near full game preparation for whoever is actually going to start. I don't blame him if he waits, but I don't think Manziel is ready, and Hoyer will be more capable but still not very good.

And can the NFL make a damn decision on Gordon sometime soon. Starting to wonder if they're just teasing and will drop the hammer the day before the opener "one year suspension, HA-HA!"

The bird flip means it will be easy for opposing teams to get to Manziel and rattle him. He claims he stayed cool most of the game, but just lost it then.

The minds that are "Browns" have chosen J8B to be the future. Hoyer is a place card and everyone knows it. The timing of qb to any one starting is paramount to teaching any lesson. Start J8B and let him get that much needed chemistry. The draft will bring more riches if it's a lost season. Either way he learns (hopefully) or a high draft pick may fix it again..lol They made this stew of bad meat. They need to chew through it and make the best of it. Hoyer will only get them so far. They know it. What's they point of that? If 8'ball can't handle the NFL then they should find out now. If he can then he gets a lead on next year. The Brown are already embarrassed, might as well see it through.

Edited by boltnlava