[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manziel

Crazysight

FWIW- I'm glad he isn't my teams "QB of the future"

Agreed. He may well start studying the play book, devote himself to practice, get better, avoid embarrassment, and succeed as an NFL QB .. but I'm just glad I don't have to suffer through waiting for him to mature and figure all that out .. as it is just as likely he ends up as the Justin Bieber of the Arena Football League .. Bortles or Garrapolo would suit me just fine as rookie qbs on my (real) team.

Browns have named Hoyer the starter for opening day in Pittsburgh.

http://www.cleveland...tml#incart_2box

CBS has got to be disappointed, they are sending Nanyz-Simms to do that game. No douby ESPN and others in the media will be depressed that the wonderkid isn't going to even be playing the first few games (barring injury, I doubt they use him in gadget type plays).

I hope he can learn to play in the NFL. Montana 2.0 would be great, but I expect its much closer to Leinert 2.0 or one of the other many mediocre QBs the Browns have had and got rid of in a few years.

ETA: Dang long winded post Loaf beat me to the punch...

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

Not being the week 1 starter is a good thing for JFF. Love him or hate him, this kid is going to be a starting QB in this league for a long time.

He's more like Vick 2.0 but with more accuracy and less dog fighting.

Not being the week 1 starter is a good thing for JFF. Love him or hate him, this kid is going to be a starting QB in this league for a long time.

He's more like Vick 2.0 but with more accuracy and less dog fighting.

I don't think it's impossible for it to happen, but saying so strongly that hell be a starter for a long time is very bold.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a career backup nor would I be surprised if he wins multiple super bowls. Too early to say

I don't think it's impossible for it to happen, but saying so strongly that hell be a starter for a long time is very bold.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a career backup nor would I be surprised if he wins multiple super bowls. Too early to say

I am just giving my prediction. It may be bold, but there it is. I think the haters are going to be hating for a long time...

Browns have named Hoyer the starter for opening day in Pittsburgh.

http://www.cleveland...tml#incart_2box

CBS has got to be disappointed, they are sending Nanyz-Simms to do that game. No douby ESPN and others in the media will be depressed that the wonderkid isn't going to even be playing the first few games (barring injury, I doubt they use him in gadget type plays). talking more about Manziel than the starter regardless.

Fixed.

I agree with this.

I also agree as someone else pointed that it might be a good thing for him to sit, at least until they see if their line can protect. because anyone they put back there I don't think succeeds and that is a recipe for ruining the clock in a young QB's head.

• 1 year later...