[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TE Tiers...when does it not matter?

GoldenEagle81

What are the overall opinions on TE after Graham, Julius, maybe Gronk? Who is next and does it even matter at this point? I like Pitta a little better than Davis but can't decide here.

I feel if you aren't getting graham or Thomas then I'd get one late like clay or ertz

• Like 1

Agreed with Big Country with Cameron, Olsen and Witten being part of that next group. However, I will also add that I like Pitta, Jordan Reed and Kyle Rudolph in terms of their upside.

Ladarius Green, Jared Cook and Clay and Bennett are TEs you can get later that well perform very well.

Intriguing late flyers - Toilolo, Rivera, Amaro and ASJ.

Edited by irish

Agreed with Big Country with Cameron, Olsen and Witten being part of that next group. However, I will also add that I like Pitta, Jordan Reed and Kyle Rudolph in terms of their upside.

Ladarius Green, Jared Cook and Clay and Bennett are TEs you can get later that well perform very well.

Intriguing late flyers - Toilolo, Rivera, Amaro and ASJ.

Walker and Miller too. My 2nd and 3rd tier of TEs is actually pretty deep. Later guys too like Graham and Fleener. I'd pass on any rookie TE this year but a 2nd guy like Kelce might be a sleeper

Walker and Miller too. My 2nd and 3rd tier of TEs is actually pretty deep. Later guys too like Graham and Fleener. I'd pass on any rookie TE this year but a 2nd guy like Kelce might be a sleeper

Yup, like those guys too. I'm not as big on fleener as both Allen and Wayne are back, plus they added nicks. Less looks for him, so I don't think he touches last year's totals.

I'm targeting Clay again. Tannehill loves him. But yeah, I'm with _Akie, I think it might be pretty important to get one of the studs this year. If you can't, I'm going to wait for quite a while and then take two upside ones in a row after the run of mediocre TE's is over.

I don't see him making an impact in redraft (you never know), but I am adding Luke Wilson across the board in dynasty. One of the more athletic TEs in the league and playing for a coach who typically facilitates the cream rising to the top. He can be had in the last couple rounds in startups and is possibly floating on the WW in established leagues.

I don't see him making an impact in redraft (you never know), but I am adding Luke Wilson across the board in dynasty. One of the more athletic TEs in the league and playing for a coach who typically facilitates the cream rising to the top. He can be had in the last couple rounds in startups and is possibly floating on the WW in established leagues.

I like the talent, and he'll score a few TD's this year, but I don't know that he is ever a starter for the Hawks, as long as the running game is a priority. He is at best the 5th or 6th receiving option on a team that doesn't throw. Even if he becomes the starter at some point, he's still the 4th or so receiving option on a team that doesn't throw. Miller was banged up for a long time, McCoy was out for the season, and Willson took in 20 catches. The starter caught 33. Russell also still has a pretty tough time with the middle of the field. I dunno, I think you're seeing talent, but he really couldn't be in a worse situation.

I like the talent, and he'll score a few TD's this year, but I don't know that he is ever a starter for the Hawks, as long as the running game is a priority. He is at best the 5th or 6th receiving option on a team that doesn't throw. Even if he becomes the starter at some point, he's still the 4th or so receiving option on a team that doesn't throw. Miller was banged up for a long time, McCoy was out for the season, and Willson took in 20 catches. The starter caught 33. Russell also still has a pretty tough time with the middle of the field. I dunno, I think you're seeing talent, but he really couldn't be in a worse situation.

Agreed. I'd rather roll the dice with Vance McDonald.

Fleener? Really? Even with Dwayne Allen healthy?

I'm targeting Olsen in my PPR mocks recently. I can get him in the 7-8th Rounds it seems.

Olsen is my target in redrafts this year. Just too much to like there in terms of no sure thing at WR. I won't overpay for Thomas or Graham, and Gronk is too risky. I think Olsen finishes just behind those guys.

Olsen is my target in redrafts this year. Just too much to like there in terms of no sure thing at WR. I won't overpay for Thomas or Graham, and Gronk is too risky. I think Olsen finishes just behind those guys.

I think I may be leaning towards Olsen too, because of what you said and the improved play of Cutler. Pretty good chance Olsen ends up mediocre too, though. Such a toss up with these TEs.

I think I may be leaning towards Olsen too, because of what you said and the improved play of Cutler. Pretty good chance Olsen ends up mediocre too, though. Such a toss up with these TEs.

Olsen plays for Carolina with Newton throwing him the ball. Bennett is Cutler's TE.

I am all over Pitta this year. My first few mocks I was consistently going for one of the top 3 in the first 3 rounds. I never really liked my teams all that much. But lately I have been getting Pitta in the 7th or 8th round (fantasyfootballcalculator) and then backing him up with either Bennett, Clay, Ertz, or Eiffert. IMO Pitta will become one of the top echelon after this season and at his current ADP I think he is an absolute steal

for really

Reminds me too much of the situation in Bal a couple years ago where Dickson was supposed to be the guy not Pitta. Fleener has years of time with Luck already and Allen is more of the blocker for the 2. I'd take Fleener over Allen. Could be wrong but if I'm investing in either it will be Fleener.

Regardless I'm not taking either of them as my TE 1 but if I'm drafting TEs late and trying to grab upside guys I'd lean to Fleener

Even for TE required league, there are still plenty of good talents to choose after J Graham, J Thomas and J. Cameron. If I couldn't get one of the top 3, I will wait. Players like J Reed, Davis, R. Gronkowski, Olsen Rudolph, Witten, Dennis Pitta all could be your TE1.

There are other talents TEs, but it might be hit or miss as a weekly starter.

I am primarily seeing talent, which is why I think Wilson is more of a dynasty play. However, you may be underestimating his situation. Pete is a coach who is going to gameplan to maximize his personnel. Today, that means ground and pound, but SEA is going to see a change at RB within 2 years and that could very well change the gameplan. One thing we do have some certainty on is that the franchise QB is already in place. Another thing is that none of the receiving options who are supposedly ahead of Wilson have anywhere near his size and he is faster than most of them too. My theory is that SEA is a team that is going to use their best weapons, regardless of how invested they are in a specific player. The fact that he is on a run heavy team is precisely why he is super cheap (practically free). Of all the 'free' TEs out there, I think Wilson has the highest ceiling.