[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your draft strategy in a ppr league?

Irish27

My strategy varies pending the league and position. If in one of my leagues I'm 8th, I know me and I would probably try to get the best TE, QB or WR in those first two simply because I just feel if I can't get an elite RB, that I want Elite elsewhere. Because those RBs for me are sort of getting to borderline low end RB1s and when other guys have elite advantage, I feel taking let's say Graham at 8th, will then give you that edge at TE that guys with elite RBs won't have.

Its how I generally play tho. If Id end up with Graham and then Rodgers on the first two let's say, I believe that kind of fire power would make up for not having an elite RB. And then I'd just be savvy with my RB/WR picks and play the WW hard as normal.

But that's just me. I've had success that way, and going RB first like normal. But I always hate taking low end RB1s and passing on top of the line elite talent in another position.

In a ten team at 8, I'd likely go wr, wr, rb or te, then the other one, and likely back to rb, I want to have 2 of the top 5 wr's they are more predictable then rb's and you deprive the rest of the league, go rb when everyone else is catching up on wr's and get some real value, if gronk, thomas slip to me in the 3rd, grab them then taje sevral rb's over your next few picks

I am in a 10-team ppr league and I draft 8th in the first round. What is everyone's draft strategy for the first five rounds? I was thinking going running back, wide receiver, wide receiver, runing back and then a qb.

Don't set anything in stone. Try and deal with best player available. Don't take a guy early at any position just because you think its what you need or when you have to fill the roster spot.

In a 10 team league I wouldn't even think about a QB until round 8 or so

Make a list if your top 8 and then your top 13. Whom ever is there is who you take. You have a long wrap till its back to you in the 3rd/4th so you have to go best player at that point. Maybe if one of the top 3 (Manning, Rodgers or Brees) is sitting there still at 3/4 turn and the options at RB/WR look weak based on where you have them tiered.

Do you have to factor in a TE as well?

Edited by Zooty
  • Like 1

Don't set anything in stone. Try and deal with best player available. Don't take a guy early at any position just because you think its what you need or when you have to fill the roster spot.

Make a list if your top 8 and then your top 13. Whom ever is there is who you take. You have a long wrap till its back to you in the 3rd/4th so you have to go best player at that point. Maybe if one of the top 3 (Manning, Rodgers or Brees) is sitting there still at 3/4 turn and the options at RB/WR look weak based on where you have them tiered.

Solid advice. Seriously, you take BPA while making sure to fill needs according to the scoring system and specific lineup requirements.

No point typing a long reply when this has what you need.

Agree. Though to add I'd ranked RBs without ppr in mind, then as the draft comes to you look at what RBs are available, when you want one, and see which is likely to have more pts when including ppr. PPR can make a player higher than others, sure, but you have to see which will get a benefit of more pts slightly or more pts in general from ppr, but keeping in mind if you think the receptions will cut into carries.

For a 10 team league at 8th round I'd go best available. Then round 2 take a RB regardless. Round 3 if you do not have 2 RBs, draft one here, if you have 2 by this point take Julius Thomas or Jimmy Graham if available, if you already have thomas or graham/they're taken then take a WR. Then take another WR for round 5

Agree. Though to add I'd ranked RBs without ppr in mind, then as the draft comes to you look at what RBs are available, when you want one, and see which is likely to have more pts when including ppr. PPR can make a player higher than others, sure, but you have to see which will get a benefit of more pts slightly or more pts in general from ppr, but keeping in mind if you think the receptions will cut into carries.

For a 10 team league at 8th round I'd go best available. Then round 2 take a RB regardless. Round 3 if you do not have 2 RBs, draft one here, if you have 2 by this point take Julius Thomas or Jimmy Graham if available, if you already have thomas or graham/they're taken then take a WR. Then take another WR for round 5

This makes no sense at all. You agree with Zooty's post then type two paragraphs essentially advising the exact opposite of what Zooty said?

Why would you rank the RBs without PPR in mind in a PPR league? When you work on projections for players, you already are taking into consideration what their likely work load is, regardless of scoring system. Then, you just eithe factor in the catches or you don't when calculating your rankings - even in non-PPR, you have to account in a projection for likely receiving yardage/TDs.

And then the advice of definitely taking a RB in round 2 is horrible - you take the player that will give you the greatest positional advantage... if it is an RB, take an RB, if it is a TE, take a TE, if it is a WR, take a WR.

As Zooty said, head in with no preset notion of what position to take in what round. When your pick comes up, determine what player is likely to give you the greatest positional advantage, and take that player.

No, I can use either a rb,wr or te as a flex.

No, I can use either a rb,wr or te as a flex.

I was unaware that you even had a flex position. I asked about TE because rather than QB I would rather look at TE at 3/4 if one of the top 3 TEs was still available and RB and WR were depleted