[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft 7-27-14 Results, WR's getting more popular

DMD

Another expert-ish draft.

Surprised four WR in the first even with the PPR scoring.

Had to like Foster and Murray in the 2nd.

Biggest surprise to me - Crabtree and Watkins starting out the third round. I like Watkins' potential a lot but that seems aggressive as the 11th WR taken. Other than Randy Moss, how many WR's had more than a WR3 sort of season as a rookie? And that is not even factoring in the risk with any rookie back.

I am really starting to like where you get Foles (4.06), Stafford(5.05) and Griffin (6.01). Seems like good values to me especially Stafford.

Ellington was the 13th back taken. When has ANY Arizona back EVER been 13th overall good (I'll save you time - Edgerrin James back when Warner was QB and Boldin/Fitzgerald were young studs). Just seems too hype-y to me.

I will say like the RB values in the 5th of Sankey, J. Bell, Mathews, Jennings

Anything stand out to you? First two rounds are seemingly pretty consistent this year but really starts to spread out starting in the third.

1.1 RB McCoy,L.

1.2 RB Charles,J.

1.3 RB Forte,M.

1.4 WR Johnson,C.

1.5 RB Peterson,A.

1.6 RB Lacy,E.

1.7 TE Graham,J.

1.8 RB Ball,M.

1.9 WR Thomas,D.

1.1 WR Bryant,D.

1.11 WR Green,A.

1.12 RB Bell,L.

2.1 RB Bernard,G.

2.2 WR Jones,J.

2.3 RB Foster,A.

2.4 RB Murray,D.

2.5 QB Manning,P.

2.6 RB Martin,D.

2.7 RB Lynch,M.

2.8 WR Marshall,B.

2.9 WR Nelson,J.

2.1 WR Jeffery,A.

2.11 QB Brees,D.

2.12 WR Brown,A.

3.1 WR Crabtree,M.

3.2 WR Watkins,S.

3.3 TE Gronkowski,R.

3.4 WR Johnson,A.

3.5 WR Allen,K.

3.6 WR Cobb,R.

3.7 RB Ellington,A.

3.8 WR Garcon,P.

3.9 RB Stacy,Z.

3.1 QB Rodgers,A.

3.11 TE Thomas,J.

3.12 RB Spiller,C.

4.1 WR Patterson,C.

4.2 RB Morris,A.

4.3 RB Gerhart,T.

4.4 WR Fitzgerald,L.

4.5 RB Johnson,C.

4.6 QB Foles,N.

4.7 WR Cruz,V.

4.8 RB Bush,R.

4.9 RB Vereen,S.

4.1 WR White,R.

4.11 WR Welker,W.

4.12 WR Floyd,M.

5.1 RB Sankey,B.

5.2 RB Bell,J.

5.3 RB Mathews,R.

5.4 WR Harvin,P.

5.5 QB Stafford,M.

5.6 WR Jackson,V.

5.7 WR Jackson,D.

5.8 RB Jennings,R.

5.9 WR Hilton,T.

5.1 WR Wallace,M.

5.11 QB Luck,A.

5.12 TE Cameron,J.

Jimmy Graham in the first is too rich for my blood. Gronk in the 3rd?....no....and Spiller? I like Brown more about 8 rounds later. ..

And I think Ellington is worth it in the 3rd round. That is where I took him earlier today in a mock. I hated doing this but I went Ball/Gio/Ellington because I didn't like what I saw at WR in the 3rd...I was hoping Antonio Brown or Randall Cobb would be there at 3.09 but was not so lucky...

Every mock is a learning experience to see where I can get certain players I am targeting. ..I have been caught getting too cute with RBs earlier. ...

I will not. .. not take a RB in round 1 or 2... you need at least one coming out early

• Like 1

Jimmy Graham in the first is too rich for my blood. Gronk in the 3rd?....no....and Spiller? I like Brown more about 8 rounds later. ..

And I think Ellington is worth it in the 3rd round. That is where I took him earlier today in a mock. I hated doing this but I went Ball/Gio/Ellington because I didn't like what I saw at WR in the 3rd...I was hoping Antonio Brown or Randall Cobb would be there at 3.09 but was not so lucky...

Every mock is a learning experience to see where I can get certain players I am targeting. ..I have been caught getting too cute with RBs earlier. ...

I will not. .. not take a RB in round 1 or 2... you need at least one coming out early

Jimmy Graham is definitely worth a 1st.

Gronk if healthy, and I know it's a big if, is worth a 3rd. Love Ellington, Ball and Gio. You're right, every mock and draft is different.

Jimmy Graham is definitely worth a 1st.

Gronk if healthy, and I know it's a big if, is worth a 3rd. Love Ellington, Ball and Gio. You're right, every mock and draft is different.

I don't think Graham repeats what he did last year..and Gronks injury history is what keeps me from liking him that high...

And yeah I liked getting Ball, Gio and Ellington but my WRs ended up being Hilton, Patterson, E Sanders, Boykin and Matthews.....I missed the mark by 1 Wr to having what I think would be a decent WR group. ..

I don't think Graham repeats what he did last year..and Gronks injury history is what keeps me from liking him that high...

And yeah I liked getting Ball, Gio and Ellington but my WRs ended up being Hilton, Patterson, E Sanders, Boykin and Matthews.....I missed the mark by 1 Wr to having what I think would be a decent WR group. ..

Yeah, it's tough taking the risk and rolling the dice. Hindsight in that league would've had you take a WR with your 1st or 2nd pick and still end up with 2 solid RBs and to tier WR. But in the moment you just fly by the seat of your pants.

Graham is as monster and HUGE advantage to have.

Edited by irish

Yeah, it's tough taking the risk and rolling the dice. Hindsight in that league would've had you take a WR with your 1st or 2nd pick and still end up with 2 solid RBs and to tier WR. But in the moment you just fly by the seat of your pants.

Graham is as monster and HUGE advantage to have.

God thing it was only a mock. ..and it had a flex option. .. my league does not...so I still came away with 3 starters out of the 1st 3 rounds and a solid group. ..

And I agree about Graham but I still don't think he is 1st round worthy

God thing it was only a mock. ..and it had a flex option. .. my league does not...so I still came away with 3 starters out of the 1st 3 rounds and a solid group. ..

And I agree about Graham but I still don't think he is 1st round worthy

I respect that especially if you think he's gonna come back to earth a bit and others are gonna step up. However, to get a player who could potential score 75 more pts on the season than anyone else at his position, is really nice. However, if you're someone who believes that players like; Gronk, Julius Thomas, Vernon Davis, Jordan, Witten, Olsen, etc can come close, than sure you pass on Graham.

I don't think Graham repeats what he did last year

ESPN seems to think so as well, I believe he currently sits at #30 on their player list. In all my mocks there, so far he hasn't been picked earlier than 3.04. I'm dreaming of getting him in the 3rd round in one of my actual drafts, haha.

ESPN seems to think so as well, I believe he currently sits at #30 on their player list. In all my mocks there, so far he hasn't been picked earlier than 3.04. I'm dreaming of getting him in the 3rd round in one of my actual drafts, haha.

ESPN is a joke.

ESPN is a joke.

Can't argue with you there. 2 of my local leagues are through them, so I'm getting used to their BS early this year - last year I missed out on several opportunities because I didn't realize how badly they underrated some players.

I think a lot of sites are ranking montee ball too high. He's

a second year guy, and I dunno. Watching him last year did not impress

me that much. I haven't looked at who his opponents will be, but if defenses

can acclimate somewhat more to the broncos I don't see him successfully rushing

too much which would make him a flex or maybe a low end RB2.

I think Graham is amazing, but round 1 is too much. Brees is amazing too, but

the saints' offense doesn't impress me too much this year. Their RB situation

is mediocre, I think pierre thomas does not repeat last year's second half of

the season. Ingram may step up, but only in rushing. Colston is slowing down.

Which might imply graham will be relied upon, but I also see it as defenses

able to focus on him more since they have less to worry about with other

receivers.

I guess Le'veon bell in the first round is plausible, but I generally have little

faith in the steelers offense. But that maybe just because I'm not a fan of roethlisberger

and antonio brown is rated too high as well. And there isn't decent back up for Bell

so he won't get much rest, or if he does the steelers won't move forward much without him.

On the ground I mean.

I thought Bernard going round 2 was correct, for me I need more proof than what he

showed last season to make him a round 1 or right at the top of round 2. I aslo liked

Spiller also in round 3 seems correct to me. Though that's based more on some sort of

'feeling' than anything concrete.

I don't see why patterson is round 4, same with vereen. Any thoughts on why they'd go in

those rounds? I'm not too big on the viking's offense beyond AP. I'm also unsure of how

the patriots will be using their running backs this year.

I don't see why patterson is round 4, same with vereen. Any thoughts on why they'd go in

those rounds? I'm not too big on the viking's offense beyond AP. I'm also unsure of how

If you did know how the Pats would use their RB's, you'd be the only one. All it takes is one fumble to put one of them in the doghouse. Vereen is nursing an injured hand from last year. There's value to be had with one of them, but not sure how much for how long? That value is probably worth whayt you pay, but does have upside with Vereen IMO.

Edited by Thews40

I think a lot of sites are ranking montee ball too high. He's

a second year guy, and I dunno.

People hoping Ball scores what Moreno did last year that would make him a top 5 RB.

Vereen scored 135 pts in 8 games last year people are hoping for a repeat with a healthy full 16 game season and he will be well worth that draft slot .... if...that happens.

Cordarelle Patterson at 4.01? No thanks. Not with that QB situation - I'd rather have Victor Cruz there. Patterson MIGHT break out, but too much risk there. I'd rather draft Kyle Rudolph at his price instead, assuming it remains somewhere in the later mid rounds.