[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft 7-27-14 Results, WR's getting more popular

DMD

Okay mr legend thanks for your input

Nothing against you I just like when people feel they have to take RB's early on it pushes the WR's down to me and I would be thrilled to get Graham in the 2nd round of any draft though I would be happy to get him anywhere after pick 6 in PPR leagues. I know last year was last year but Graham did score over 300 pts in PPR as much as the top WR's in the game and he gives you a huge advantage at the TE position.

Nothing against you I just like when people feel they have to take RB's early on it pushes the WR's down to me and I would be thrilled to get Graham in the 2nd round of any draft though I would be happy to get him anywhere after pick 6 in PPR leagues. I know last year was last year but Graham did score over 300 pts in PPR as much as the top WR's in the game and he gives you a huge advantage at the TE position.

And nothing against you but if you gave a response that had substance like this one I would not have came back like that.

I have tried several different methods already and my best mocks so far are whew I have gone RB twice because there are so many WRs that I like. ..

People say RB-RB is an outdated mentality (which it was) but this year is the thinnest at RB that I can recall. I have only once managed to get a quality RB that I feel good about in the late 3rd round (Ellington) but otherwise I get left with having to go WR again.

I liked Gerhart but I think he will just be an average back and think Rashad Jennings can be very good in NY but then I consider the fact that he plays the NFC west so I bump him down some because of that among other reasons. I could go down the line but, yeah....

Edited by Avernus

IMHO, Foles is Fool's gold. Without D. Jax, there's less to cover.

I think people are going to find out quickly how much of a one trick pony DeSean was. ..

People in the media are saying that if he doesn't repeat last year's performance then he isn't for real..... his numbers are not realistic. ..

He still has a ton of weapons in a fast paced offense. ..I can see 28 td 12 int... he might do better but those are my projections for him if healthy

I like the value of those quarterbacks later, especially if certain wide outs begin to fall early and I can scoop them up. Regarding Foles specifically, I probably am in the camp that he will be solid, if not be above average. I don't think losing Jackson hurts him super much.

With me most likely drawing a low draft spot in my keeper league, I will probably go WR/WR again. If Graham is available, I'll consider him. I think the Saints offense will continue to be great, not sure why they would regress.

Seeing the turn in this draft draft Gio/Bell doesn't excite me, not at all. Even with WR being "deep".

Now for those of you contending that Foles has no one to throw to with Jackson gone, let's break down what he has:

Jeremy Maclin is back and by all reports looks healthy. Here were the breakdowns of he and Jackson when they played together:

Maclin 69-857-7

Jackson 45-700-2

Maclin 63-859-5

Jackson 58-961-4

Maclin 70-964-10

Jackson 47-1056-6

Total up the last three seasons:

Jackson 150-2717-12

Maclin 202-2680-22

Before last year, Jackson was more the long-ball player and not the possession receiver he became last year (taking over Maclin's role). The offense is not a deep strike scheme but a fast-paced one with more over the middle and shorter throws. Which was why Jackson has 20 more catches than any other season. The style should be better suited to Maclin.

The offense throws less to wideouts anyway. In 2013, WR's went 175-2720-20 but the previous year was 209-2709-12.

TEs posted from 82-870-3 before Chip Kelly. And 71-1002-10 with him there.

RBs went from 76-496-3 to 64-684-2

So while receptions decreased, the effectiveness greatly increased as did the scoring. And that was in year #1 of a new complicated offense.

Foles lost Jackson but there are reasons to believe that will at worst be a wash. Maclin could be even better.

Foles adds Darren Sproles as a pass catching back. He gets Jordan Matthews (6-3, 22) who set records at Vanderbilt and was their 2.10 draft pick. Jackson was a 2.17 pick. Maclin was a 1.19 pick

Zach Ertz was the 2.03 pick last year. He ended 36-469-4 as a rookie and should be better in his second season.

Philly still has a better than average schedule.

Even considering the loss of Jackson, I cannot see how Foles should not be at least as good as 2013 and most likely better. He missed games last year to lower his stat line but that offense produced 4406 pass yards and 32 TDs by the QBs.to rank #5 in the NFL.

I like Foles. I think he has a better team this year than last.

Now for those of you contending that Foles has no one to throw to with Jackson gone, let's break down what he has:

Jeremy Maclin is back and by all reports looks healthy. Here were the breakdowns of he and Jackson when they played together:

Maclin 69-857-7

Jackson 45-700-2

Maclin 63-859-5

Jackson 58-961-4

Maclin 70-964-10

Jackson 47-1056-6

Total up the last three seasons:

Jackson 150-2717-12

Maclin 202-2680-22

Before last year, Jackson was more the long-ball player and not the possession receiver he became last year (taking over Maclin's role). The offense is not a deep strike scheme but a fast-paced one with more over the middle and shorter throws. Which was why Jackson has 20 more catches than any other season. The style should be better suited to Maclin.

The offense throws less to wideouts anyway. In 2013, WR's went 175-2720-20 but the previous year was 209-2709-12.

TEs posted from 82-870-3 before Chip Kelly. And 71-1002-10 with him there.

RBs went from 76-496-3 to 64-684-2

So while receptions decreased, the effectiveness greatly increased as did the scoring. And that was in year #1 of a new complicated offense.

Foles lost Jackson but there are reasons to believe that will at worst be a wash. Maclin could be even better.

Foles adds Darren Sproles as a pass catching back. He gets Jordan Matthews (6-3, 22) who set records at Vanderbilt and was their 2.10 draft pick. Jackson was a 2.17 pick. Maclin was a 1.19 pick

Zach Ertz was the 2.03 pick last year. He ended 36-469-4 as a rookie and should be better in his second season.

Philly still has a better than average schedule.

Even considering the loss of Jackson, I cannot see how Foles should not be at least as good as 2013 and most likely better. He missed games last year to lower his stat line but that offense produced 4406 pass yards and 32 TDs by the QBs.to rank #5 in the NFL.

I like Foles. I think he has a better team this year than last.

Exactly. ..I like Ertz a lot and will be targeting Sproles as RB depth because he is not so much a backup to shady as he is a complement and an added dimension to the offense. ... the backup is Polk...

I don't like his NFC West matchups but he does play the AFC South as well as the Packers

Edited by Avernus

Just picked up my fantasy index and opened to the experts and see DMD rated Dez 9th best WR......

Have since warmed up on him but Dallas scares me more this year than any other. I can see how they can really crash this year with just one or two injuries.

Just picked up my fantasy index and opened to the experts and see DMD rated Dez 9th best WR......

Have since warmed up on him but Dallas scares me more this year than any other. I can see how they can really crash this year with just one or two injuries.

That was weird....I am assuming DMD you wrote that last line because I did not but it showed up on my post.

Now this I truly wish more people thought that way as far as having Dez lower because he is typically the 3rd WR off the board and goes in the top 9 overall picks in nearly every high stakes draft let alone 9th WR off the board. Last night they did a $350 FFPC on air draft live which for the first time in 5 years I was not in it the league. I won last year where I posted it and AxeElf/Baby Jane came in and crashed the party telling me how bad I drafted but I ended up winning that league anyway going Foster/Julio to start. In this draft last night Dez was 1st WR off the board #6 overall even before Calvin. Funny thing about AxeElf I ran into him over at the RTS gaming chat and he was over there talking about how he can't understand how I can win because I am terrible at this game and my FF strategy sucks. Got to love it.

Edited by Henry Muto

That was weird....I am assuming DMD you wrote that last line because I did not but it showed up on my post.

Now this I truly wish more people thought that way as far as having Dez lower because he is typically the 3rd WR off the board and goes in the top 9 overall picks in nearly every high stakes draft let alone 9th WR off the board. Last night they did a $350 FFPC on air draft live which for the first time in 5 years I was not in it the league. I won last year where I posted it and AxeElf/Baby Jane came in and crashed the party telling me how bad I drafted but I ended up winning that league anyway going Foster/Julio to start. In this draft last night Dez was 1st WR off the board #6 overall even before Calvin. Funny thing about AxeElf I ran into him over at the RTS gaming chat and he was over there talking about how he can't understand how I can win because I am terrible at this game and my FF strategy sucks. Got to love it.

Did you explain to him that being in 92 leagues virtually assures you will win at least a couple by pure chance? :thinking:

Did you explain to him that being in 92 leagues virtually assures you will win at least a couple by pure chance? :thinking:

This will be my 25th year of Fantasy Football and my luck has been astounding throughout the years.