[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft pick trade

I have the 7th pick in my up coming draft it's a 12 team ppr with a 1-2-3-1 format. I just traded my 1st and 5th round picks for the 2nd and 3rd round picks of the guy that has the 2nd pick. We also swap 7th round picks so I move up 6 spots that round just trying to get opinion on the trade

So you gave up the 7th, 55th and 79th picks

for

the 23rd, 26th and 74th picks?

Drop 16 slots at the beginning of the draft to move up 29 slots in the middle?

I think I would have needed more to drop that far back that early, but if you are confident in your ability to pick those late 2nd/early 3rd round guys that outperform their draft position, I suppose it could pay off.

For future reference, there is a bit more value in posting these threads BEFORE you agree to a trade.

So you gave up the 7th, 55th and 79th picks

for

the 23rd, 26th and 74th picks?

Drop 16 slots at the beginning of the draft to move up 29 slots in the middle?

I think I would have needed more to drop that far back that early, but if you are confident in your ability to pick those late 2nd/early 3rd round guys that outperform their draft position, I suppose it could pay off.

+1

For future reference, there is a bit more value in posting these threads BEFORE you agree to a trade.

+1 :rofl:

Yeah, you got hosed. Live and learn, we all make bad trades at some point. There is a significantly heavier emphasis on the earliest pick in trade scenarios like this. I wouldn't give up #7 alone for the 2nd and 3rd, let alone adding a 5th to it.

Unfortunately, there's no magic formula, so you just have to rely on advice or experience here. Who do you mock at your pick, who do you mock at his pick, and is the reward worth the drop. Using your offer as an example, #7 might net me Dez Bryant or Graham and the 5th Floyd, while his picks would net maybe Nelson and Jeffrey. Nice names for sure, but not something I'm giving up Bryant for.

It's not etched in stone, but a good basic tool can be found at http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm - you shouldn't take it as gospel, but if you're seeing a huge difference in value you can probably try to improve it.