[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeMarcus Lawrence Dallas' first round pick out 8 to 10 weeks

Cowboyz1

Unreal, I just can not believe how much bad luck this team has. I mean come on this is rediculous. It's like every good player we have goes down at some point or another. It's seems there is no hope for this team.

Basically means he will be useless for this season. By the time it's healed he will spend the rest of the year getting his strength back and still have to learn the system.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11284290/demarcus-lawrence-dallas-cowboys-miss-8-10-weeks-broken-foot

Dallas had the worst defense in the NFL last year. And now lost their top draft pick, Sean Lee their best defensive player and DeMarcus Ware is gone. Yeah, shaping up to be a bloodbath during the annual December collapse.

Unreal, I just can not believe how much bad luck this team has. I mean come on this is rediculous. It's like every good player we have goes down at some point or another. It's seems there is no hope for this team.

Basically means he will be useless for this season. By the time it's healed he will spend the rest of the year getting his strength back and still have to learn the system.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11284290/demarcus-lawrence-dallas-cowboys-miss-8-10-weeks-broken-foot

I am getting a heavy dose of dejavu here.

Bump up Tony Romo and the passing game. ..j/k I already did that. This kid wasn't going to make much of a difference this year if at all this year but it definitely stunts his growth for the following season. .

The thing is when the defense tanked last year so did Romo's performance. I think there's a point of diminishing returns where getting ruined by another team forces you into a higher risk offensive approach and decreased overall efficiency/performance.

After week 9 last year it was really tough to start this guy.

Edited by stethant

The thing is when the defense tanked last year so did Romo's performance. I think there's a point of diminishing returns where getting ruined by another team forces you into a higher risk offensive approach and decreased overall efficiency/performance.

I don't think he was as bad as you think he was

He helped me win a league last year. Was very solid week in and week out. Until week 17 which everything was over by then.

He helped me win a league last year. Was very solid week in and week out. Until week 17 which everything was over by then.

OK so without trying to derail the thread entirely, here are Romo's weekly rankings, among QBs that started each week, from last season. This assumes 4 pts per passing TD, 1 pt per 20yds passing, and no penalty for INTs. The rankings may differ slightly from league to league but I'll use this to make a general point.

Week 1 - #21

Week 2 - #18

Week 3 - #12

Week 4 - #14

Week 5 - #1

Week 6 - #25

Week 7 - #15

Week 8 - #10

Week 9 - #9

Week 10 - #25

Week 11 - DNP

Week 12 - #12

Week 13 - #25

Week 14 - #20

Week 15 - #12

Week 16 - #9

Week 17 - DNP

I think "very solid" has to be a relative term. Virtually every week there were at least 10 better options - and sometimes 15 or 20. His 500yd 5TD performace in week 5 really buttressed his stats.

Wasn't there some article on here last year about a zero QB theorem or something? :shades:

OK so without trying to derail the thread entirely, here are Romo's weekly rankings, among QBs that started each week, from last season. This assumes 4 pts per passing TD, 1 pt per 20yds passing, and no penalty for INTs. The rankings may differ slightly from league to league but I'll use this to make a general point.

Week 1 - #21

Week 2 - #18

Week 3 - #12

Week 4 - #14

Week 5 - #1

Week 6 - #25

Week 7 - #15

Week 8 - #10

Week 9 - #9

Week 10 - #25

Week 11 - DNP

Week 12 - #12

Week 13 - #25

Week 14 - #20

Week 15 - #12

Week 16 - #9

Week 17 - DNP

I think "very solid" has to be a relative term. Virtually every week there were at least 10 better options - and sometimes 15 or 20. His 500yd 5TD performace in week 5 really buttressed his stats.

Wasn't there some article on here last year about a zero QB theorem or something? :shades:

He wasn't as good as you'd think but you also have to take into account that every week there will be low ranked QBs who surprise and do well. Week 13 Romo was #25 but you werent really going to bench Romo in favour of Brandon Weeden who ended up #4 especially since Weeden was #23 the week before. So you almost need to rank him compared to who would you realistically have started instead of him those weeks, for example week 13 again its feasible you'd have taken Carson Palmer or Josh McCown who finished top 10.

Cowboys and Browns fans deserve a break. It's bad enough one team has Jerry as GM and the other lost their real team when their bunghole of an owner moved them out of town, but this is crap. They are due some luck.

Exactly. How much longer do we have to live in Purgatory.

I stand by my offer for all Browns and Cowboys fans to cheer for the Seahawks as their adopted 2nd favorite team until their own teams get better.

What about the Packers? Or is that your second team? I'm confused

I stand by my offer for all Browns and Cowboys fans to cheer for the Seahawks as their adopted 2nd favorite team until their own teams get better.

Was a Packer fan from 96-98 when the Browns were gone. Still my second favorite team. But don't care much for Seahawks.

I've tried to accept the Browns will probably never win anything or even be very good. Beats getting excited every season thinking "this year we'll turn it around". Would just be happy to be .500, beat each team in our division once, and not be the laughing stock of the league. Then see if we can improve from there.