[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep Charles for $28 or Bernard for $6?

smithna1

Hey guys, need some advice here. I'm in a 10-team PPR auction league with a $100 budget.

I get to keep two players at what I paid for them last year. I'm already keeping Forte for $17 so I need to decide between a top back (Charles) but without $$ value since I already paid a premium ($28) for him last year, or IMO a top 10ish-15 back (Bernard) with great $$ value ($6).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

wow this is a tough one. keeping charles you have $55 left over and keeping Bernard you have $77 left over.

I def think Charles will be a top back again, but there is concern since his o line has been depleted.

bernard has a lot of upside and having him at that value is great.

its so hard to not keep charles since you already have forte at a great price, i would lean toward Bernard....

i would prob keep bernard and work with more money.

BUT if you want to work with the $55 and have 2 top 4 backs that is also a great place to be.

IMO cant go wrong either way from a value perspective. wait it out see what happens in camp and make a decision.

wow this is a tough one. keeping charles you have $55 left over and keeping Bernard you have $77 left over.

I def think Charles will be a top back again, but there is concern since his o line has been depleted.

bernard has a lot of upside and having him at that value is great.

its so hard to not keep charles since you already have forte at a great price, i would lean toward Bernard....

i would prob keep bernard and work with more money.

BUT if you want to work with the $55 and have 2 top 4 backs that is also a great place to be.

IMO cant go wrong either way from a value perspective. wait it out see what happens in camp and make a decision.

This is the right way to approach it.

If I had to decide now, I'm locking up Charles and heading into the auction with my RBs locked up and enough money left to still be a player in the auction.

Who are you going to get for the $22 difference? What's the historical WR price in your league? Can you get Graham or Calvin for that? If not I don't think you do the trade. I wouldn't trade Charles for Dez and Gio, would you?

In a 10 man league, top 10 guys aren't all that exciting. There's a big pool for you to potentially find one. You don't get second chances at Charles.

I would get Charles and take some cheaper WR's and TE's like Boykin, Wheaton, Ertz and Clay.....

And then try to trade Charles for the likes of Ball and a WR if I could. .. then secure CJ Anderson as a handcuff. ..

Good luck

Thanks everyone for the input! This is only the second year of the league, so there isn't necessarily a "historic" perspective of what some of the top WRs (Megatron, etc.) go for. I'm not sure who will be availabe either because it all depends on what the other people view as a good value to keep a player. Kinda like the dilemma I'm in at the moment. What are your thoughts on keeping Gio and still bidding on Charles? I could probably still get him since I'm saving a lot of money on Gio and Forte if I did that...

The risk there is if someone else is saving "more" than you are or just flat out isn't keeping guys. In auction keepers the prices on the premium guys really skyrockets because of your exact thinking. In year 1 everyone has $100 but they are budgeting for balance. Year 2 some donkey has AJ Green for $3 so has to do less budgeting and can get crazy on Charles because he's got Green locked up so cheap.

If you aren't in the "best" keeper scenario then this is a dangerous game you play. My momma taught me not to play with matches and not to play with losing Jamaal Charles.

Thanks everyone for the input! This is only the second year of the league, so there isn't necessarily a "historic" perspective of what some of the top WRs (Megatron, etc.) go for. I'm not sure who will be availabe either because it all depends on what the other people view as a good value to keep a player. Kinda like the dilemma I'm in at the moment. What are your thoughts on keeping Gio and still bidding on Charles? I could probably still get him since I'm saving a lot of money on Gio and Forte if I did that...

You can try that but (after the season he had last year) I don't think you'd get Charles any cheaper. I think you gotta make the call to have him or do without. Gio may be the one you could get a "deal" on so (if you want both) I guess I would keep Charles and then hope Gio doesn't get too pricey for you. I have a feeling he will, though, as RBs are valuable commodities and (if the elite are presumably kept) a guy like Bernard is likely to get spendy, too.