[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5th pick in a 10 team PPR league. Anyway to justify not taking a RB?

CML207

Got the 5th pick in my league this year. I'm assuming the first 4 picks will be peterson, McCoy, Jamal, and forte.

If one those 4 names somehow falls in my lap, than I take any of them for sure. Assuming they are off the board, would you consider passing on beast mode and Lacy? I really don't want Lynch, which has me most likely taking Lacy if I go RB here.

Would anyone consider taking Graham or Megatron here and taking the best available RB when it comes back to me at pick 16? That'll give me options of Bell, Arian, or Ball most likely.

Anyone think that's a safe strategy or is RB a must take at the 5 spot?

2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 TE/WR/RB

I'd be perectly content with Calvin in that set up.

In a 10 teamer, it is much easier to pass up on RB in that spot as you are not waiting as long for the come back to make your pick.

Of course, the flip side is that top WR talent will still be there. Comes down to if you thnk Lacy will outscore the RBs likely available in the 2nd by more than Calvin is likely to utscore his peers. Really, you could also consider going RB/RB or WR/WR to start and still come out okay.

First I'll say, it's your team take the players you want. Then I think Calvin is a no-brainer pick at 5 assuming the 4 RBs are gone. Graham I have ranked 6th overall. The only way I would take Graham over those 5 is in leagues like FFPC with 1.5 PPR for TEs.

That said it is your team and take who you want. Taking Graham in the 1st creates a similar effect to taking CJ as far as how you will then need to draft but I wouldn't wouldn't recommend not taking him if that's who you want.

Curious about graham there also. I have the 4th pick in a 10 teamer. Barring injury I know Mccoy and Charles will go 1 and 2. 3rd pick may take Calvin. I'm planning on going Calvin if he's there but if he's not graham has crossed my mind.

I would take Charles, McCoy, Forte and Peterson over Calvin. To me, Calvin and to an extent Graham only come into the equation after the top 4 picks.

The larger the number of required RBs in the league (and I mean total RB starters for all teams), the more inclined I am to go with some of the 2nd tier RBs over Calvin/Graham (the likes of Lacy, Ball, Foster etc.)

I would take Charles, McCoy, Forte and Peterson over Calvin. To me, Calvin and to an extent Graham only come into the equation after the top 4 picks.

The larger the number of required RBs in the league (and I mean total RB starters for all teams), the more inclined I am to go with some of the 2nd tier RBs over Calvin/Graham (the likes of Lacy, Ball, Foster etc.)

Yeah I definitely lean toward what you're saying, I'm not sure if I can pass up peterson or forte at the 4 spot. Don't want to get into specifics with scoring and I haven't crunched any numbers, but I feel like teams with great qb and wr in my main league have been more successful. Only reason I'm considering it.

Also, I've highly considered completely forgoing traditional wisdom and drafting players I like watching and wanna see on red zone every subday. Within reason of course, but our champion has a brees obsession and took him 6th or 7 overall last year. If I went this direction I'm planning on going Calvin Dez gronk. Call me crazy...

Sorry for the hijack here op

Edited by Joebirds55

After a few mocks, this is what seems to be a pretty popular combo:

QB: Tom Brady(rd 9)

RB1: Bell(2)

RB2: Bush(3)

WR1: Megatron(1)

WR2: Garcon(4)

TE: Vernon Davis(5)

Flex: Rashad Jennings(6)

The 1st 5 picks fell pretty much the same way in every draft. Few tweaks in the later rounds.

Is the Bell/Bush/Jennings combo a reliable starting trio?