[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New to Fantasy Football dynasty need advice with existing league

ffbrookie

Hello all

I am joining $400 dynasty league which has already been around for 17 years. As a punishment to new members, you are only allowed to keep two players where current coaches keep four.

The team I am replacing has really only four guys That I feel are worthy to keep. I need any combination of two of the four:

Adrian Peterson, Demarius Thomas, Montee Ball, Brandon Marshall.

Standard scoring non ppr. you do not lose draft rounds for players kept.

I will have pick 10, so the other guy I am sure will be taken.

Thank you for your help!!!!

I am joining $400 dynasty league which has already been around for 17 years. As a punishment to new members, you are only allowed to keep two players where current coaches keep four.

That's a terrible, terrible rule. Where are the other two roster spots made up at? End of the draft?

you have to adjust your thinking a bit for a keeper league, especially one that appears to have no limits on keeper term

Ball is a lot more valuable than Peterson

Thomas is more valuable than Marshall

The only debate is whether or not Peterson is more valuable than Thomas.... you haven't provided lineup requirements, but we know it is 10 teams and no PPR.

If we assume 2 RBs and 2 WRs required, than I would suggest keeping both RBs. With the restriction you are facing of not getting 4 keepers (a BS rule that may well set you back a few years unless you get lucky in the draft), and not getting compensatory picks in the draft to make up for this, you have to address the most difficult position there is to fill.... RB. Peterson and Ball are both top 10 overall players in my rankings, and WR will be much easier to fill in your draft.

If Ball and Peterson perform close to their projections, you may well be competitive this year despite the restrictions and at the same time positioned with solid keeper options for the following years.

Wow, crap on the new guy and make sure he can't win off the bat. Kind of lame.

you have to adjust your thinking a bit for a keeper league, especially one that appears to have no limits on keeper term

Ball is a lot more valuable than Peterson

Thomas is more valuable than Marshall

The only debate is whether or not Peterson is more valuable than Thomas.... you haven't provided lineup requirements, but we know it is 10 teams and no PPR.

If we assume 2 RBs and 2 WRs required, than I would suggest keeping both RBs. With the restriction you are facing of not getting 4 keepers (a BS rule that may well set you back a few years unless you get lucky in the draft), and not getting compensatory picks in the draft to make up for this, you have to address the most difficult position there is to fill.... RB. Peterson and Ball are both top 10 overall players in my rankings, and WR will be much easier to fill in your draft.

If Ball and Peterson perform close to their projections, you may well be competitive this year despite the restrictions and at the same time positioned with solid keeper options for the following years.

solid advice here. I'd probably keep the 2 RBs since its the hardest position to fill. If I only kept one RB it would be Ball. I like Thomas more than Marshall and he's younger. But that would then give you 2 players on a team with a 40 year old QB. So for the long run I'm back to keeping the 2 RBs and drafting a lot of WRs this year. Plus I RB has the most value in a trade so if the season isn't going well you can look to the future and cash in a a RB chip in a trade