[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Asking you pros for help on my upgrading my squad! :)

vi29

So this is a 10-team money league, all of us are pretty seasoned fantasy players. This was a redraft, and frankly the draft was a bit odd. Anyway, here are my current starters-

QB - Andrew Luck

RB1 - Adrian Peterson

RB2 - Frank Gore

WR1 - Dez Bryant

WR2 - AJ Green

TE - Greg Olsen

Flex - Bishop Sankey

K - Steven Hauschka

DEF - St. Louis Rams

Bench

QB - Tony Romo

WR - Rueben Randle, Emmanuel Sanders

RB - Stevan Ridley, Tre Mason

TE - Kyle Rudolph

I know my TE and RB2 positions are weak. Flex is iffy since Sankey isn't proven. I got lucky with getting stud wide receivers since they fell a bit. How to improve? Should I start packaging off Dez or Green for RB's and a better TE or stand pat? Any help much appreciated!

I don;t think your TEs are weak at all. You've got two likely top 10 guys in a 10 man league... and olsen could be hugh this year with the lack of proven WRs in Carolina... lots of dumpoffs to him.

If I were you, I'd stand pat for now.

RB2 is a weakness, but going matchup with Gore, Sankey and Ridley should provide enough points at RB, and if it is PPR, you can add Sanders into the mix as a flex option

Joebird, I picked 2nd overall and got AP, and by some fluke through a barrage of RB's selected afterwards, I managed to snag Dez at 19th and Green at 22nd. I guess the others mostly had top-heavy RB strategies? This clearly limited my future RB selections in the draft.

BigCountry, ok I will keep the TE's going and I am not a huge fan of matchups (since I always manage to over-think them), but I guess I can do that. This is not a PPR league, so Sanders will not figure much unless Dez or AJ have a bye week.

I'd stand pat and see how the RBs play out. You may need to make a move for a #2 but I think you'll be OK and flexing a WR. I'd be perfectly happy with those TEs. Olsen is the best pass-catcher on his team

All right, thanks for all the help guys! Much appreciated. I will stand pat for now, and only perhaps make a move for a RB2 by knowing the landscape a bit better after a couple weeks of preseason games.

UPDATE: I made a trade, and jettisoned AP for Lynch and Foster (the other owner was a bit shaky on both since both have their risks, especially Foster with the injuries). I felt it changed my lineup for the better. What do you guys think? It looks pretty stacked from my viewpoint haha. Here is the new look:

QB - Andrew Luck

RB1 - Marshawn Lynch

RB2 - Arian Foster

WR1 - Dez Bryant

WR2 - AJ Green

TE - Greg Olsen

Flex - Bishop Sankey

K - Steven Hauschka

DEF - St. Louis Rams

Bench

QB - Tony Romo

WR - Rueben Randle, Emmanuel Sanders

RB - Frank Gore, Stevan Ridley

TE - Kyle Rudolph

Edited by vi29

I wouldn't have made a trade this early as your squad was already stacked. Dez + AJ is enourmous.

But this trade was fine provided that Foster remains healthy. You traded a starting RB, albeit arguably the best ever, for 2 starting RBs and kept both your stud WRs.

Strong sqiad.

Haha yea, it was super early for a trade but I couldn't resist having a squad with two RB1's and two WR1's. Never happened to me before. Even though Foster could get hurt lol, it was a fun risk to take :P

Edited by vi29