[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for Gio?

Panther73

10 team PPR 1vet keeper, 1rookie keeper 1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 1-flex(WR,RB,TE)

Right now I'm keeping Murray for a 9th rd pick as my vet but looking to improve my rookie keeper-J Hunter for a 16th rd pick. The Gio owner has offered me Gio(5th rd) and his 5.4 for Julio(5th rd last yr he can be kept)and my 4.3. I wasn't keeping Julio and he probably won't either so I'm basically giving a 4.3 for a 5.4. I'll use my 5.8 as the keeper pick for Gio. Is this a good move or too much. Hunter is my only rookie option without a trade. My other vet keeper options other than Murray and Julio are Crabtree(16th rd), Kaep(11th) or Gordon(7th). Vets can be kept 2 yrs and a rookie can be kept 3 yrs.

I'm with Zooty, I definitely do it. However

Who else is this owner keeping as a rookie that has him so willing to deal Gio?

What I'm getting at is if this was his initial offer to you, and he has a different rookie keeper, you may be able to negotiate pushing the pick aspect of the trade back.

So, instead of your 4th for his 5th, counter with your 7th for his 8th (if you know your draft order, you can try work this to minimize the drop you take). Your logic is he is getting something (the pick improvement) for nothing (a player he wasn't keeping anyway).

Now, if he is the kind of owner that won't negotiate or walks away if you counter, just accept and move on, but, I think you may be dealing from a position of power as well and can get slightly more favorable terms for yourself.

I went to accept this the other day and the other owner had just pulled it. Now he's come back with my Juio and 4th for Gio and a 6th. So now I wouldn't have a 4 and would use my only 5th as the keeper pick and have 2 6's. What do you think?