[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montee Ball - Surprise Surgery Today

heehawks

per Adam Schefter,

Broncos RB Montee Ball will undergo an appendectomy today but is expected to be ready for regular-season opener vs. Colts, per source.

Hope he can take a hit to his mid-section come gametime week 1!

I had a laparoscopic appendectomy done when I was 14 years old - and I was back to full-time sport after two weeks. It is no big deal. Ball is a strong lad who will recover easily and be good to go very, very soon. Zero impact to his on-field production come game day.

I'm still kind of worried about this having Ball as a potential keeper....if its 2 weeks recovery why is he going to be out over a month? Could turn the position into more of a RBBC than people think as he will likely be eased back in

Who said anything about being out over a month?

surgery today, not back until september 7th

Where does it say this? It's an appendectomy. Adam Dunn had an appendectomy and missed less than a week of game action. Football is different than baseball, but it's still some sort of indication. Also, NHLers miss about 2 weeks of game action after undergoing the procedure (see Max Pacioretty this past season).

The reports say he should be back for game 1, not that he will be out of action until game 1 at the easliest.

• Like 1

If it's a laparascopic appy, outside of some conditioning and reps - no issue.

If for some reason they had to convert to an open procedure - big issue (in FFL terms).

I haven't seen a report on the exact procedure type but I would assume lap appy for now.

I usually take other positions than running back in rounds 2 through 4. Montee ball got beat out last year for the starting job by a journeyman. I prefer proven players over speculative picks.

Knowshon was in Dnver his whole NFL career and always had potential if he wasn't made of glass and then he miraculously stays healthy during a contract year while Ball wasn't as productive as a rookie.

Make no mistake...as long as Ball doesn't screw up blocking assignments in pass protection he will be a steal anywhere after the 8th pick.....and counting....

I usually take other positions than running back in rounds 2 through 4. Montee ball got beat out last year for the starting job by a journeyman. I prefer proven players over speculative picks.

Not uncommon for a rookie to get beat out by a lesser RB, particularly on a pass oriented team.

I would take him in the 2nd, 1st is too rich for my blood. 5th or 6th is just never ever going to happen - you don't get that kind of upside in those rounds (if you do, it's damn near impossible to see it coming). That's Rashad Jennings territory. At least Ball plays on a high production offense, his only risk (outside of injury, which every player has) is possibly having to share some of a very big pie. Jennings may have to share and the G-men might have an ineffective offense to boot. Also, Jennings is significantly older and has more talented competition behind him in Williams. Ball is pretty squarely ahead of Anderson on the talent scale and Hillman doesn't have the build for early down work.

I think Ball is a little on the expensive side, but not overly so.

I just drew the 6th pick in one league and am debating picking him there. In the recent mock draft DMD posted, he went 7. Have done some mock drafts and have gotten a top 10 WR, a Antonio Brown/Jordy type in the 2nd at 19. Thoughts? Still too rich for most blood? I'm starting to fall in love with Montee, which is always dangerous. I mean at 6/mid first round, I think he's got the most upside of any RB and I like his "safeness" compared to others as well.

I just drew the 6th pick in one league and am debating picking him there. In the recent mock draft DMD posted, he went 7. Have done some mock drafts and have gotten a top 10 WR, a Antonio Brown/Jordy type in the 2nd at 19. Thoughts? Still too rich for most blood? I'm starting to fall in love with Montee, which is always dangerous. I mean at 6/mid first round, I think he's got the most upside of any RB and I like his "safeness" compared to others as well.

I am starting to target Ball in the late 1st in mocks and then get the best WR in the 2nd like ABrown unless another decent RB falls to me and then teeter between another WR OR RB in the 3rd and then Sankey in the 4th.....I think by the time my drafts roll around I won't be able to get Sankey in the 4th and Ball will be about a6th pick if injuries occur between now and then to other RBs around or in the top 10

Guys I'd take before Ball without thinking twice:

McCoy

Charles

Forte

Peterson

Calvin

Demaryius

Graham

Guys I'd debate with Ball:

Dez

Marshall

Bell

Murray

So there is no way I'd be taking him at 6th.

Guys I'd take before Ball without thinking twice:

McCoy

Charles

Forte

Peterson

Calvin

Demaryius

Graham

Guys I'd debate with Ball:

Dez

Marshall

Bell

Murray

So there is no way I'd be taking him at 6th.

For sure the four big backs. Demaryius is the guy I'm taking instead. Not sure if I want Calvin this year, just a gut feeling, I know, might be stupid. Graham I considered, but if I'm going that route, I think I'll take Demaryius instead. Between Bell, Murray, and Ball, I'm for sure taking Ball. The next WR I'd consider is Dez, although there is a chance I could get him coming back if people continue to go RB heavy and if one guy takes a QB.

For sure the four big backs. Demaryius is the guy I'm taking instead. Not sure if I want Calvin this year, just a gut feeling, I know, might be stupid. Graham I considered, but if I'm going that route, I think I'll take Demaryius instead. Between Bell, Murray, and Ball, I'm for sure taking Ball. The next WR I'd consider is Dez, although there is a chance I could get him coming back if people continue to go RB heavy and if one guy takes a QB.

I hear ya. I like Demaryius to finish as WR1 this year fwiw. Ball, Murray, and Bell are all equal to me. I'd rather pick DT and then take whichever RB is left after the turn. You can have one of the RBs, Dez, or Gronk. I really like that 6 or 7 spot this year as it's the best slot to end up with 2 studs.