[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Entire team offenses to avoid?

ImNotSoIgnorant

Anyone thinking of not drafting players from an entire team's offense? I'm thinking of the raiders and the browns. For the raiders they've got unstellar WRs, same for QB. MJD is old, mcfadden is a low end RB2, and between them you won't know who's worth starting. As far as I know the tight end situation is nothing to talk about.

For the Browns, Josh Gordon's situation speaks for itself. Miles Austin and Nate Burleson are slowing down from age, Hawkins is a good WR, but not enough to get receptions/TDs with the other WRs easily taken care of/ie defenses won't worry too much about any of them. Ben Tate is Ben Tate. I'm guessing he'll be mediocre at best, partly due to his skill and as well having a poor passing situation to take attention off.Terrance West may show himself to be a good back( do not know too much about him), but again weak pass attack. I admit I do not know much about the browns O-line. Jordan Cameron is of course a great TE, but with not knowing who's throwing to him and how good they'll be i'd rather take a TE around the same fantasy rank or a but lower who is more reliable.

Anyone else?

The Raiders are certainly close for me. Not sure you can quite eliminate any entire offense though. Especially before we know the outcome of the finished products heading into most of our drafts. I mean, there's always a chance with even the Raiders that a guy like Jones-Drew excels with new scenery. Heck, I wouldn't bet on it, but there's also the chance of McFadden staying healthy for a longer stretch this season. Who knows.

Definitely not the Browns though. Got to love Jordan Cameron this year. There is a chance that Miles Austin, if he can stay healthy, could provide for a great flex player or bye week fill in. Don't forget about Ben Tates great potential.

I will say one thing, I don't see myself (barring catastrophe) drafting or even really considering any Miami Dolphins. Their offense as a whole seems pretty flat. You've got a home run threat in Mike Wallace if he and Tannehill are on the same page, but you can't be too optimistic about that situation. Tannehill isn't to the point where I believe he's even a solid #2 QB in a 12 team league yet. Too inconsistent.

As I said though, we don't know the finished product yet on any of these offenses. There are a lot of teams with new coaches and coordinators that may just make magic happen.

As I said though, we don't know the finished product yet on any of these offenses. There are a lot of teams with new coaches and coordinators that may just make magic happen.

Did you say that with wide glistening eyes and a hopeful question on the end of 'make magic happen', with Micky and Minnie holding your hands? ;)

• Like 1

Feels like Buffalo is one to stay away from also.

No way. Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller are both border-line studs at running back. Spiller had a fantastic year last season considering he played from week 4 on with a high ankle sprain. Fred Jackson was a top 10 back if I'm not mistaken, and even with his age, he's still worth a flex play. Also have to believe that Sammy Watkins is going hit on something. He may not set the world on fire, but he could be solid.

I don't think you can just label a "team" to avoid. There are several teams that look like crap going in, however, those teams could produce solid fantasy producers that should not only not be avoided but be targeted.

Bills- Spiller, Freddy Jax and Watkins all have solid value in the right place.

Raiders - At some point in each draft MJD has value as does McFadden.

Texans - Really? Foster, AJ, Hopkins all have very solid value.

Jags - Gerhart, Shorts at minimum.

Miami, Tampa and Cleveland are the other teams that won't strike people as fantasy juggernauts. However, each of those teams has players that become valuable at some point in every draft.

Sometimes the worst-performing teams produce some decent player-specific statistics. Last year the Bucs and the Jaguars has the worst offenses in the NFL, but Doug Martin and Toby Gerhart are hardly the worst running back prospecs in the league.

I don't think there is a 'hard and fast' rule, and generally ignore team performance when evaluating potential player production for the following year.

Jets

Lol.

I mean, someone from this team is probably going to figure out how to run and therefore will have fantasy value, and maybe Stephen Hill figures something out at some point as a WR or Eric Decker learns to deal with triple coverage, but at the end of the day if you draft Jets you have to watch those games. Not sure I want more Rex Ryan in my life.

There are guys I'll avoid at their ADP but there comes a time when a player from any team is worth drafting. MJD in the 10th round? Chris Johnson in the 8th? Decker in the 8th? Jordan Cameron is the 5th? Spiller in the 5th or 6th? If one of them is falling, sure sign me up

Offenses as a whole, not really... For me, a lot of it has to do with two factors: offensive line play and QB play. If a team is not strong in either of these, then I shy away usually.

One team that hasn't yet been mentioned yet is the Chiefs. They lost 3/5 of their O-line to guys leaving, and they haven't done much to shore things up. They have no real playmakers other than Charles, so he's the only guy I would ever see me drafting. And Alex Smith is about as "meh" as you can get at QB. Of course, their offensive line could end up being pretty good, but I have a feeling that the Chiefs will end up being fantasy irrelevant (I even suspect Charles won't live up to being a top 5 pick, though bottom end RB1 feels like his floor on pure volume and talent).

I'm also down on New York Giants this year... I'm not sure what to make of Eli Manning, but their offensive line is not good. When the line is good, Eli is generally good. So if the line is a weakness again, then I have a hard time trusting anyone not named Victor Cruz on this team. Maybe Reuben Randle breaks out, but he had a chance last year and didn't really do a ton with it. And I don't see me taking a flyer on Odell Beckham - hard to trust rookie WRs, and darn near impossible when they are hurt and not practicing in the preseason. Rashad Jennings might be worth a look at his ADP, but his volume is much more a question mark - will Andre Williams be the goalline back? I won't say no to drafting any Giants, but I certainly don't expect to end up with any since I'm sure someone else will take chances on some of these guys before I would.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree you can never eliminate a whole offense, but my hometown Rams are tough to get behind with Bradford out. Seriously, can you name who the #1 scorer by week 6 will be for the Rams at QB, RB, WR or TE? I can't. As a fan, it's depressing as hell. Shawn Hill is a couple bad games from giving Davis a shot at QB, Stacy is going to share time at best with Cunningham and could absolutely lose that job. Jared Cook is the most disappointing waste of muscle since Fabio, and the only proven receiver in the crowd is Kenny Britt, who let's face it, could blow up at any second. The only real draftable Ram other than a late-round flier is Greg the Leg. Ugh.

I agree you can never eliminate a whole offense, but my hometown Rams are tough to get behind with Bradford out. Seriously, can you name who the #1 scorer by week 6 will be for the Rams at QB, RB, WR or TE? I can't. As a fan, it's depressing as hell. Shawn Hill is a couple bad games from giving Davis a shot at QB, Stacy is going to share time at best with Cunningham and could absolutely lose that job. Jared Cook is the most disappointing waste of muscle since Fabio, and the only proven receiver in the crowd is Kenny Britt, who let's face it, could blow up at any second. The only real draftable Ram other than a late-round flier is Greg the Leg. Ugh.

This is true. At least the Brown's have Jordan Cameron(I decided he's the one Brown I won't avoid) and Andrew Hawkins. The Raiders have no one worth taking, so I'd definitely draft Rams players than Raiders.

I mean it all depends on when you can get certain guys. If MJD or Ben Tate is there in round 15 hell ya I'm grabbing one of them.

MJD has value if he falls from his current ADP, Run DMc will get injured so if MJD stays healthy he should get a volume of carries meaning he's worth stashing on your roster.

Ugh. It may be even worse than I thought. If you can still get value for Stacy somehow, i'd do it. The Rams are legitimately in the running for the #1 Overall pick again next year, which I fully expect Snead and Fisher to waste. Again. Depressing.

I walked into a bar and the owner hat a cat running around the bar. I questioned the bartender and asked if this wasn't a health code violation. He said "You gotta understand, this cat is special"

Well, the Rams game was on TV and the Rams got a field goal. The cat walked down the bar and gave a high five to every patron. I said "That's pretty neat. What does the cat do when the Rams score a TD"?

To which the bartender replied, "I don't know. I've only had the cat for 3 years".