[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minnesota Huddlers, it's that time again...

j2v

With Darin leaving the Great State of Minnesota for parts unknown, my circle of Huddle drinking buddies is dwindling. In an effort to boost the numbers I'll be touring various bars around the Minneapolis-St. Paul area over the next couple of weeks, answering your fantasy football questions and quaffing beer.

The fun begins Tuesday, August 12 at The Mermaid in Mounds View. Christian Peterson, a fellow co-host of the Fantasy Football Weekly radio show on KFAN, and I will be at The Mermaid from 6 to 8 pm to answer questions, talk fantasy football, and drink beer--all courtesy of the good folks at KFAN and Bud Light.

We're so optimistic we'll like it we've already scheduled a redux on Wednesday, August 13 at Two Stooges (I think it's in New Brighton; have to check my mapquest to be sure). Same bat time, same bat channel, same fantasy football brain trust, same gracious sponsors.

We're also slated to do Bud Light/KFAN shows next Tuesday and Wednesday (the 19th and 20th), but the locations have yet to be revealed to us. And we didn't want to pry.

Saturday, August 16 is a big event if you're into fantasy football and stuff, as we'll do a live broadcast of Fantasy Football Weekly from the Pourhouse in downtown Minneapolis, followed by the two-hour fantasy football training camp with extended discussions on topics like the offensive line, complete with my annual cheerleader pictures (I don't want to say they're JUM-worthy, but really... what has JUM done for you lately?). We'll also have an experts mock draft; you won't want to miss me going on in detail about how I crushed these so-called fellow experts in last year's mock. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that my all-play winning percentage for the season was north of 90 percent.

But wait, there's more...

Monday, August 18 I'll be hosting the fifth annual Tailgating with 2V at Tommy Chicago's in Mendota Heights. Fun begins at 6 pm. This is traditionally an alumni function for those of us who matriculated at St. John's University, but we've had interlopers before. If you're a Tommie, let us know so I can limit the number of big words I use.

Tuesday, August 26 I'll head north to St. Cloud for the annual Fantasy Football Forum, a live broadcast on 1390 The Fan. Again this year we'll be at the Boulder Tap. Beer and live radio... what could possibly go wrong?

Finally, on Saturday August 30 we'll be broadcasting Fantasy Football Weekly live from the Minnesota State Fair beginning at 10 am. They'll actually be doing the show live from the Fair on August 23, too, but I'm not scheduled for that show so why would you want to listen?

If you're a Huddler and you make it out to one of these events, please come up and introduce yourself. If I have access to any Huddle (or Bud or KFAN) swag, I will bequeath it to you. I do have a stash of USA Today fantasy football magazines to hand out; don't be afraid to ask. And I'll have ADP sheets with some of my overvalued/undervalued guys highlighted, so there's that as well.

Last year I believe Darin showed up at a couple of these gatherings, and Huddle beer guru Harley Shultz showed up for a couple as well. He's slated to be at the Pourhouse, so if you want to know everything there is to know about beer that's the event to hit. Case in point: Leinenkugel discontinued my all-time favorite beer, Autumn Gold, several years ago. I mentioned that to Harley, and off the top of his head he gave me three current beers that have a similar flavor. Dude is a beer savant, worth the price of admission all by himself.

Hope to see you out and about!

2V

I'll try to make an event before we move... wish I could do the 30th (we live close to the fairgrounds), but I will be on an all-day college football bender with some buddies.

Wish I could do the PourHouse (my old landlord owns the joint) but we'll probably be packing that day. :sad:

General, you missed a great show. First two hours are podcastable at KFAN.com, but that doesn't give you the cheerleader pictures from the O-line presentation or the mock draft, in which apparently the Charchlodytes don't like a team that starts Demaryius, Peyton, Gronk (my mock team that received the lowest amount of fan support) and in which we saw Brian Oake (local radio DJ and the non-"expert" on the panel) pull off something I've never seen before in my 27 years of fantasy football: he drafted Toby Gerhart in the 4th round--with the 4.10, mind you--and then with the 5.1 he drafted... Toby Gerhart. Yes, he misspoke and yes, there was whiskey involved but still... A good time was had by all.

Tuesday's sure-to-be-lightly attended KFAN/Bud Light event is at Champps Richfield, if that's in your wheelhouse. Wednesday's similar event is at the VFW in Uptown. Color me dubious that we're hitting target market there, but you never know.

2V

Bummed that I missed the adventures on the nort side of town. Did not realize you were at the Maid til too late to go and then I was at the Maid wed for a draft which ruled-out making it to Stooges. Eventually, one of these will click...

Edited by Delicious_bass