[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My RB rankings

ImNotSoIgnorant

So I finally got around to ranking players by position since my draft is this weekend. I wanted some thoughts on my RBs. Notice anything glaringly wrong from your perspective?(Number at the right is bye week)

1 Jamaal Charles KC 6

2 LeSean McCoy PHI 7

3 Adrian Peterson MIN 10

4 Matt Forte CHI 9

5 Eddie Lacy GB 9

6 DeMarco Murray DAL 11

7 Marshawn Lynch SEA 4

9 Giovani Bernard CIN 4

10 Arian Foster HOU 10

11 Montee Ball DEN 4

12 Le'Veon Bell PIT 12

13 Reggie Bush DET 9

14 C.J. Spiller BUF 9

15 Alfred Morris WAS 10

16 Andre Ellington ARI 4

17 Zac Stacy STL 4

18 Ray Rice BAL 11

19 Chris Johnson NYJ 11

20 Trent Richardson IND 10

21 Joique Bell DET 9

22 Ryan Mathews SD 10

23 Rashad Jennings NYG 8

24 Shane Vereen NE 10

25 Frank Gore SF 8

26 Bishop Sankey TEN 9

27 Ben Tate CLE 4

28 Pierre Thomas NO 6

29 Steven Jackson ATL 9

30 Danny Woodhead SD 10

31 Stevan Ridley NE 10

32 Toby Gerhart JAX 11

33 Darren Sproles PHI 7

34 Knowshon Moreno MIA 5

35 DeAngelo Williams CAR12

36 Maurice Jones-DrewOAK5

37 Lamar Miller MIA 5

38 Fred Jackson Buf 9

39 Darren McFadden OAK 5

40 Bernard Pierce BAL 11

41 Terrance West CLE 4

42 Khirby Robinson NO 6

43 Chris Ivory NYJ 11

44 Christine Michael SEA4

45 Mark Ingram NO 6

46 Shonn Greene TEN 9

47 Tre Mason StL 4

Standard scoring, or PPR?

EDIT: It's al a matter of opinion, but I think you've got Forte ranked too low, and I think you've got Ball ranked too low..

PPR

Yeah, forte might need to move up one rank, but I like Ball where he is. I'm not full on him yet like a lot of people are. Shrug, we'll see.

Edited by ImNotSoIgnorant

Me personally, some might call me crazy, but I like Forte 1st overall in a PPR league. More than Charles and more than McCoy. Ball's ADP is a little low (what I've seen so far). But I think he's right there with Peterson/Lacy for the 4th best RB. I'd take him over both..

• Like 1

Me personally, some might call me crazy, but I like Forte 1st overall in a PPR league. More than Charles and more than McCoy. Ball's ADP is a little low (what I've seen so far). But I think he's right there with Peterson/Lacy for the 4th best RB. I'd take him over both..

Agree 100% with this. I'm taking Forte #1 in PPR.

Outside of what I've already mentioned - I think it looks pretty good. Once you get past the 9th or 10th best RB, it all becomes a crapshoot. I'm bias as I'm a fan of the Colts, but I think T-Rich is gonna outplay his ADP this year. I'm not saying to reach for him (I won't) but if he's there and I need an RB3, I'm licking my chops at that one..

Rice also seems high, Gerhart way too low, and I'd bump Joique up a bit, probably right below Stacy. Also not sure if you're missing #8 or anything. Spiller is probably too high, just based on his injury history, and F Jax is still around. I have a feeling Ingram will be sneaky good this year. Sankey should be in the teens.

In all honesty, there are so many question marks its all a crap shoot after the top 5 or so RBs.

I like Ball where he is. I'm not full on him yet like a lot of people are.

Don't blame you for being a little hesitant, but no competition on an explosive offense. Denver needs to establish the run to open up their passing game - even if they can't, Manning loves the play action - opportunity for a lot of checkdowns. Should get a lot of redzone / goal line work too. I'm all in on Ball - probably more so than others. If I can somehow get him at the end of the first round, I'll have chub for most of the draft. :)

Outside of what I've already mentioned - I think it looks pretty good. Once you get past the 9th or 10th best RB, it all becomes a crapshoot. I'm bias as I'm a fan of the Colts, but I think T-Rich is gonna outplay his ADP this year. I'm not saying to reach for him (I won't) but if he's there and I need an RB3, I'm licking my chops at that one..

Yeah that's part of the reason I have Richardson at 20. Not someone to go after early, but if I can get later its better than to get him at his adp.

Rice also seems high, Gerhart way too low, and I'd bump Joique up a bit, probably right below Stacy. Also not sure if you're missing #8 or anything. Spiller is probably too high, just based on his injury history, and F Jax is still around. I have a feeling Ingram will be sneaky good this year. Sankey should be in the teens.

In all honesty, there are so many question marks its all a crap shoot after the top 5 or so RBs.

Ooops, ty. yeah missed putting in the eight, doesn't change the order though. Yeah gerhart is low, but i avoid JAX players if at all possible. And I've never seen Gerhart perform well to really consider. But maybe 32 is too low. Sankey? I don't see him being placed above any of the RBs ahead of him. But I do prefer, in general, not to pick rookies too soon.

Dont like DeMarco Murray that high. He was under-used last year by the Cowboys and it sounds like the Cowboys are going even more pass crazy this year, couple that with a very checkered injury history and I'd move him down 5/6 spots.

Agree with the thoughts on Forte, he'd be top 3 above AP in PPR.

Dont like DeMarco Murray that high. He was under-used last year by the Cowboys and it sounds like the Cowboys are going even more pass crazy this year, couple that with a very checkered injury history and I'd move him down 5/6 spots.

despite being "underused" and missing a couple games...he did finish in the top 5 in ppr.....yeah linehan likes to throw more....but he also likes to throw to rbs...murray is a 3 down back....health is always a concern....but it always is for a rb

dallas defense will probably blow again....and that could be a concern.....but doesnt take murray completely out of the game....theyve improved their offensive line, which a few years back, was a major detriment...to the point now where its pretty good.....

I did exactly this in a standard 12-team draft this weekend and took TRich as my RB3. After his recent preseason performances, however, I'm not feeling very good about it. Looks to be the dreaded combination of hesitant and slow. I can't figure out what happened to this guy. Maybe he'll still work out for goalline looks.

I hope something changes between now and the regular season but it's starting to feel like magical thinking. As an RB3, there was still enough potential upside to justify the selection IMO.

So I finally got around to ranking players by position since my draft is this weekend. I wanted some thoughts on my RBs. Notice anything glaringly wrong from your perspective?(Number at the right is bye week)

1 Jamaal Charles KC 6

2 LeSean McCoy PHI 7

3 Adrian Peterson MIN 10

4 Matt Forte CHI 9

5 Eddie Lacy GB 9

6 DeMarco Murray DAL 11

7 Marshawn Lynch SEA 4

9 Giovani Bernard CIN 4

10 Arian Foster HOU 10

11 Montee Ball DEN 4

12 Le'Veon Bell PIT 12

13 Reggie Bush DET 9

14 C.J. Spiller BUF 9

15 Alfred Morris WAS 10

16 Andre Ellington ARI 4

17 Zac Stacy STL 4

18 Ray Rice BAL 11

19 Chris Johnson NYJ 11

20 Trent Richardson IND 10

21 Joique Bell DET 9

22 Ryan Mathews SD 10

23 Rashad Jennings NYG 8

24 Shane Vereen NE 10

25 Frank Gore SF 8

26 Bishop Sankey TEN 9

27 Ben Tate CLE 4

28 Pierre Thomas NO 6

29 Steven Jackson ATL 9

30 Danny Woodhead SD 10

31 Stevan Ridley NE 10

32 Toby Gerhart JAX 11

33 Darren Sproles PHI 7

34 Knowshon Moreno MIA 5

35 DeAngelo Williams CAR12

36 Maurice Jones-DrewOAK5

37 Lamar Miller MIA 5

38 Fred Jackson Buf 9

39 Darren McFadden OAK 5

40 Bernard Pierce BAL 11

41 Terrance West CLE 4

42 Khirby Robinson NO 6

43 Chris Ivory NYJ 11

44 Christine Michael SEA4

45 Mark Ingram NO 6

46 Shonn Greene TEN 9

47 Tre Mason StL 4

It seems like you forgot Doug Martin, as most people have this year. I know everyone is down on him, but come on, give him some love. I did a 12 team .5PPR draft this weekend and got him in the middle of the 3rd round, i'll take it!

It seems like you forgot Doug Martin, as most people have this year. I know everyone is down on him, but come on, give him some love. I did a 12 team .5PPR draft this weekend and got him in the middle of the 3rd round, i'll take it!

I didn't forget him, I somehow cut him out unintentionally. He was the missing 8 in the rankings.

I didn't forget him, I somehow cut him out unintentionally. He was the missing 8 in the rankings.

Oh I see, didn't even realize 8 was missing lol. Well I'm glad you think pretty highly of him, makes me feel better about my pick :) since i've been having a few doubts

Yeah that's part of the reason I have Richardson at 20. Not someone to go after early, but if I can get later its better than to get him at his adp.

I agree, his rushing schedule is lovely. if he stutters behind the line again though I think someone else gets those yards.

The Cowboys do not have their usual pass friendly schedule. but their running schedule is excellent. I think this year if Murray can stay healthy ( which I know is a big if) he has a great year.

despite being "underused" and missing a couple games...he did finish in the top 5 in ppr.....yeah linehan likes to throw more....but he also likes to throw to rbs...murray is a 3 down back....health is always a concern....but it always is for a rb

dallas defense will probably blow again....and that could be a concern.....but doesnt take murray completely out of the game....theyve improved their offensive line, which a few years back, was a major detriment...to the point now where its pretty good.....

The Cowboys do not have their usual pass friendly schedule. but their running schedule is excellent. I think this year if Murray can stay healthy ( which I know is a big if) he has a great year.

The stats website I was on had Murray as #6 RB in PPR but doesnt really matter. You could be right but I don't trust him enough to stay healthy to be worthy of a 1st rounder.

The stats website I was on had Murray as #6 RB in PPR but doesnt really matter. You could be right but I don't trust him enough to stay healthy to be worthy of a 1st rounder.

Definately understandable. I just look at it like which RB will stay healthy? they all (of the top backs) have had some issues in their pasts.

I've been thinking TRich was a bust the moment he was drafted by Cleveland in the 1st round, let alone 3rd overall. After watching him the last two years there is absolutely no reason to think he can turn it around (personally I don't think he even has the skills to be able to turn it around). If Bradshaw wasn't such an injury risk I'd be jumping on him in the 8th-10th rounds while someone else wastes a 5th-6th round pick on TRich and I end up with the eventual starter. However, with Bradshaw coming back from a neck injury I'm staying away from Colt RB's unless one of these guys falls.

I've been thinking TRich was a bust the moment he was drafted by Cleveland in the 1st round, let alone 3rd overall. After watching him the last two years there is absolutely no reason to think he can turn it around (personally I don't think he even has the skills to be able to turn it around). If Bradshaw wasn't such an injury risk I'd be jumping on him in the 8th-10th rounds while someone else wastes a 5th-6th round pick on TRich and I end up with the eventual starter. However, with Bradshaw coming back from a neck injury I'm staying away from Colt RB's unless one of these guys falls.

If Bradshaw didn't have such an injury history you would be looking at a 5th round pick for a backup