[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 team std you can select any draft position..

ffgreg

I got chosen first to select the first draft position in my 12 team standard league. I am thinking of choosing 3rd overall as I get one of AP, Charles or McCoy then in all the simulations I have run I get 2 of my highly rated draft board players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. What say you?

I would take 4th. I have Forte ahead of AP and I don't love the value at 2/3 round turn

Agreed, however, sometimes that 2/3 can be nice. Just had a recent draft with the 1.02 spot and I went McCoy, Jeffery, Gronk, Fitz, Luck, Tate and Colston, So far. That's a nice start.

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

As others have said, I wouldn't mind the #4 this year. Take whomever is left out of McCoy, Charles, AP, or Forte and then have not as long of a wait for your second round pick. After those four players, I think it can really go a number of ways and you can make an argument for several players beginning at the #5 spot. Could be maddening to decide.

Agreed, however, sometimes that 2/3 can be nice. Just had a recent draft with the 1.02 spot and I went McCoy, Jeffery, Gronk, Fitz, Luck, Tate and Colston, So far. That's a nice start.

Very nice start, wish I was drafting in that league, had first pick once this offseason in a ppr and jeffery and gronk both gone by 2.12 and fitz by 4.05

Not too shabby.

Very nice start, wish I was drafting in that league, had first pick once this offseason in a ppr and jeffery and gronk both gone by 2.12 and fitz by 4.05

Thx.

Things just worked out. That draft is now in the 16th and here's my team-

QBs - Luck , Dalton

RBs - McCoy, Tate, West, MJD, Steven Jackson

WRs - Jeffery, Fitz, Colston, Shorts

TEs - Gronk, Eifert

K - Gostkowski

DEF - 49ers

Edited by irish

I drew 7 (of 12) for tonight. Not a stinkhole but not ideal, either. Top 4 RBs are sure to be gone as well as Megatron and most likely the (perceived) next best receiving option. TE is not mandatory in this league and scoring is exactly the same as a WR. So Jimmy Graham is still attractive but not quite as much as in TE-mandatory leagues. I would like to get my hands on DT there but I fear he is going to go right in front of me at 1.6. Have to hope for a surprise amongst 4-6 and someone grabs Lacy or maybe even Ball before me. If not, I will be wrestling with the decision of Graham vs Bryant vs Marshall most likely. Notorious "QB early" guy drew #1 pick so that hurts a bit as he's likely to go RB now. Much rather see him picking later in the first round where he'd likely take Manning or Brees and not remove a player I was actually contemplating.