[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get The Huddle to Use Avg Auction Value not ADP!

spurs

The Huddle is a fantastic website and I happily renewed my subscription this year, but it's time for the writers to get with the times! Who actually does a snake draft anymore? The same people grilling with charcoal?

Please post here asking The Huddle to integrate Average Auction Value (AAV) into their drafting analysis. I'd recommend either a $100 or $200 budget or even just a % of budget as they do for a few of their rankings.

The Fantasy Football world has evolved to auctions and its time The Huddle follows suit!

Thank you. Off the soap box now...

Thanks loaf, but one list of rankings isn't enough. Maybe the Huddle is the wrong type of website for this push - their best work is information and player/scenario analysis, not analytical drafting strategy. Perhaps it's my fault for asking for too much.

The Huddle is a fantastic website and I happily renewed my subscription this year, but it's time for the writers to get with the times! Who actually does a snake draft anymore? The same people grilling with charcoal?

Uh...pretty sure you're still in the minority there my friend. Also, I think a lot of pro grillers still prefer charcoal as well...

Think maybe you should of left the soapbox at home and presented this a different way. :unsure:

• Like 2

I am not even sure what is being asked. We do offer auction values. The only difference between a draft and an auction is that you bid on players instead of picking one when it is your turn. I love auctions. I prefer auctions. I can tell you that the number of people who do auctions has sadly remained very static at less than 10% and maybe under 5%. It is a superior way to award players and much more fun in my opinion but reality is that most people enjoy the simplicity of a draft.

You want auction strategy? We have our basics of budgeting. I am not certain what it is you want.

Thanks loaf, but one list of rankings isn't enough. Maybe the Huddle is the wrong type of website for this push - their best work is information and player/scenario analysis, not analytical drafting strategy. Perhaps it's my fault for asking for too much.

nothing analytical to see here http://www.thehuddle.com/2013/articles/sg-0718-dissecting-quarterback-value-in-fantasy-football.php

And for the record, there is the bag-o-briquettes guy, then the gas grill guy, and THEN the 40 pound hi-quality oak charcoal that leaves almost no ash guy.

• Like 2

Long time Huddler here (10+ years I think). Love the site. I'm joining my first auction league this year and looking forward to the draft. I found exactly what I needed in the cheat sheets right here- http://www.thehuddle.com/2014/cheat_sheets/auction12.php

Player value based on percentage of budget and grouped in tiers. Study it, print it, bring pencil, go to draft. Done. Sweet!