[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MESSAGE BOARD LEAGUES - INFO

DMD

The drafts are to start on Monday, AUG 18th at 8 AM and it is a slow draft by email. Make sure your email addresses are correct in it. Most of you are returners but a few are new. I will step in and make a pick if it hangs up on one team for more than 12 hours or so. You do not have to pick after say 9 PM but be kind to your fellow drafters. Use preselect when possible.

This is a best ball, PPR, 18 round league. The eventual winners will get a free 2015 ride at the Huddle because you were smart. Or lucky.

Once it gets started, I will make a thread for each league.

League One

League Two

League Three

it is on MFL copmpletely. They call it an email draft because when it is your turn to pick on MFL, you get an email. Entirely done and tracked on the MFL page.

Why by email and not MFL?

Yea, there is no live draft room. So when you make your picks the draft link, all the other owners get emails versus seeing it on the live draft board.

Yea, there is no live draft room. So when you make your picks the draft link, all the other owners get emails versus seeing it on the live draft board.

Praise the lord. Live draft room makes a slow draft a PITA due to no notifications going out.

You can sign up to get text messages when you're on the clock or after every pick if you want.

Yup, the wireless feature.

it is on MFL copmpletely. They call it an email draft because when it is your turn to pick on MFL, you get an email. Entirely done and tracked on the MFL page.

In theory. For some reason, this spring, I stopped getting all MFL emails. Draft notifications, waivers notifications, trade offers... You name it. Frustrating as hell. I didn't "unsubscribe" or anything of the sort. Tried a bunch of things to get them to start coming back, but to no avail. It sucks. So, now, instead of getting emails, I can get texts. Which is great, until my wife starts to complain about my phone going off at 2:30 AM, and again at 5:30 AM (most of my leagues have people from all sorts of time zones, including overseas, so people are picking at all hours of the day). I finally resorted to just turning off the draft notifications, and only keeping the "On the Clock" notification turned on. Works pretty well, but not getting the emails is tough to get used to. Hopefully, I can figure out the root case, sooner or later, and get it fixed. :smashpc:

Vent over.

Edited by Gopher

In theory. For some reason, this spring, I stopped getting all MFL emails. Draft notifications, waivers notifications, trade offers... You name it. Frustrating as hell. I didn't "unsubscribe" or anything of the sort. Tried a bunch of things to get them to start coming back, but to no avail. It sucks. So, now, instead of getting emails, I can get texts. Which is great, until my wife starts to complain about my phone going off at 2:30 AM, and again at 5:30 AM (most of my leagues have people from all sorts of time zones, including overseas, so people are picking at all hours of the day). I finally resorted to just turning off the draft notifications, and only keeping the "On the Clock" notification turned on. Works pretty well, but not getting the emails is tough to get used to. Hopefully, I can figure out the root case, sooner or later, and get it fixed. :smashpc:

Vent over.

try a different email account. You may have accidentally marked the sender as spam. You can open a new account and have it all forwarded to your regular account

• Like 1

try a different email account. You may have accidentally marked the sender as spam. You can open a new account and have it all forwarded to your regular account

Yeah, I've thought about that. Sort of a last resort for me. I've literally had the same email account since I first started using email, and I use it for everything... Paypal, MFL, bills, etc. Everything. I'd rather not switch, but I suppose it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I used another for FF. I have a couple that I never use (Yahoo, Gmail), so it wouldn't be that hard. Just a PITA to switch everything on 15 league sites, more than anything else.

I'm assuming I must have marked an email as spam, accidentally. Not sure what else could have caused it. I've even gone through my email account's "approved" and "unapproved" senders, trying to figure out if it's in there as unapproved or whatever. No dice. MFL has a very lengthy series of steps you can try, to fix this problem. It's basically "Try these 9 steps, and if none of those work, try a new email account." So, maybe that's what I'll have to do.