[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peterson, Graham, or Nelson? 12-Team PPR Keeper League

tandnwillow

I'm in a 12-team PPR keeper league where we only keep one player. I've narrowed it down to three possible options but I've never been in a keeper league and I have no idea which pick offers me the best value during the season AND during the draft. I have the 9th pick in the first round of a serpentine draft.

Not sure if all keeper leagues work this way but the player I pick will become my draft pick for the round preceding last year's draft. So both Graham and Peterson will become my first round pick if I choose either of them. They seem like the obvious picks to me but now I'm wandering if Nelson or even Randle would be better.

I made it to the playoffs last year but my team choked at the end and I ended up in 4th place. Not bad but I want to do better and this "keeper" setting has me stumped.

Here were my 2013 picks and yes, last year was my first year at fantasy football; evidenced by my 8th and 9th pick. I thought I needed all my starters before drafting bench players. Thank you.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Jimmy Graham

3. Andre Johnson

4. Darren Sproles

5. Matthew Stafford

6. Eric Decker

7. Jordy Nelson

8. Denver Broncos

9. Stephen Gostkowski

10. Lance Moore

11. Chris Givens

12. Emmanuel Sanders

13. Jacquizz Rodgers

14. Vincent Brown

15. Rueben Randle

Peterson as the 9th pick in the 1st round? I'll take that any day. While Jordy in the 7th would be good value, don't overthink it. AP at #9 is great value, I keep him there without even thinking twice.

This

Keeping AP in the first gives you a top tier RB. You can still get a top tier 1 or 2 WR on you next pick, better than Nelson. If you go Nelson, then your RB's will likely suffer big for the year. I understand the thought of the value, but think you lose the quality by going Nelson. AP.

Firstandfive, it looks like you're saying both. I can only keep one player.

Let me tell you about a man named Norval...

Peterson as the 9th pick in the 1st round? I'll take that any day. While Jordy in the 7th would be good value, don't overthink it. AP at #9 is great value, I keep him there without even thinking twice.

It's AP or Jordy but I think you have to have AP he's one of the first four picks majority of mock drafts, he will bode better than last year in the Norv offense who will utilize all weapons and spread defenses out. AP should put up near AP numbers again and possibly improve on catches. I love Jordy at 6 if I understood the keeper rule correct, I still think anyone with a shot at the fab four RBs (AP, Forte, McCoy, Charles) you have to take one of them and if you are drafting later in round one it even reinforces this more as your second pick can be Jordy or better round two. Jordy at 6 is incredible but I'm not giving AP to someone else over a 'value' pick.