[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Re-Draft Advice  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick in a re-draft

• Vincent Jackson
    • Cordarrelle Patterson
    • Julius Thomas
    • Percy Harvin
    • Ryan Mathews
    • Sammy Watkins

I am in a 12 team keepers league and looking for some advice on what you guys would do for your first re-draft pick. In this league we keep 5 players (mine are not too good) it is a PPR league were we start 1 QB, 5 RB/WR (flex), 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 K. My keepers were Drew Brees, Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Kendall Wright, and DeAndre Hopkins (hoping he pans out).

Some of the top available players in the re-draft are:

Vincent Jackson

Cordarrelle Patterson

Percy Harvin

Julius Thomas

and Ryan Mathews

Would you pick one of these players (and who?) or go with the best rookie (Sammy Watkins)?

I would say my personal top two picks would be between Patterson and Watkins. They are both very young but I am ok with that as my team is more in the bottom half of the league anyhow and needs to be building for a season or two down the road.

Thanks for any of your thoughts on this.

Thanks a ton for the advice. I love Thomas for sure. The only thing with him is that, yes he is the top TE availible, but only two teams kept TE, so there are plenty to chose from and I could get a really good one in the second round of the re-draft such as possibliy Cameron or Davis (who I had last year). Draft is tomorrow and I am not sure what I am going to do...might be a long night.

Anyone else's thoughts?

There wasn't a single running back worth keeping? And could you literally start 5 WRs and no RB? Straight up, I Harvin over Patterson by a hair, but since it's a keeper I'd go with Patterson. I definitely wouldn't draft Watkins first. While I like his talent, I think he'll have a very hot/cold rookie season, mostly because of Manuel. Patterson is much safer and equal long-term upside.

Edited by firstandfive

Yes, you could start 5 Wr or 5 Rb if you wanted to. There is a team that starts 5 Wr and only had one Rb on his roster by the end of the season last year. Because you can get more production out of mid level Wr (this is a PPR league) there are more Wr started than Rbs. I would say it is close to 2/3 of the 60 starting flex spots are WR in this league. So are there Rb available, sure, but none are your stud workhorse type guys. They are all committee type backs or change of pace guys. Remember because we keep 5 guys each the first round is more like guys you would find in the 6th round of most fantasy drafts (with a few gems tossed in). Thanks for the input.

Right now I am thinking, because I really need the help for this year I would take Vincent Jackson if he were there but I'm guessing he'll go to the team with the first pick, and then I will most likely take Patterson and hope that with my late second and early third round picks I can land a good tight end and another flex guy with some good upside (I'm sure Watkins will be gone but maybe Evans, Benjamin, or Cooks).

Anyone else want to chime in today I'll check this a few more times but our draft is tonight at 9:00. Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.