[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP keeper advise

FastSteve

I am very new to IDP playing it the first time last year. I am in total of three leagues now, two a dynasty where we keep all players. I am asking about the new league I am starting this year.

Its an 8 team league. We tried to get 10 people but didn't happen.

Line up starters- QB-2 RB-2 WR-2 TE-1 K-1 R/W/T Flex-1, 3 each of DL LB DB, Bench-10

Scoring

Pass completion & receptions 0.5, Passing 25 yards-1, Pass TD-4, INT-neg 2, Sack-neg 1

300-399 pass yards-1 400+-5

Rec & rush TD-6 Rush & pass yards 10-1 Any 50 yard TD play is bonus 1, 200+ rushing-5

100+ Rec-5, Kick off & punt return 15 yards-1

Defensive scoring

1 Point for- Tackle, Force fumble, Pass defended, every 25 yards INT & fumble returned, Tackle for a loss, every 10 yards sacks, 50+ yards INT or Fumble recovery for a TD bonus

0.5- Assisted Tackle, QB hit

2 points for-Sack, INT, Fumble recovery, Blocked kick, Safety, 10+ Tackle bonus,

Any defensive TD is 6

As you can see it is a QB heavy league & with the flex do have the ability to play 2 TE if they are worth it. We have a total of 28 players to a team. My question is at which round is it time to start looking into defensive players? Second in order of importance do they rank? In another words should I be looking at say the LB's first? How do IDP's stack up position to position in value? Having played just one year & the NFL site being a PIA to find last years stats for the other league, its hard for me to get info to gauge off of.

Try the IDP forum?

Bets thing to do (and I see you tried already) is to compare the IDP positions to others to gauge where to draft them. I don't do any IDP redrafts, only dynasty so hard to offer any advice. I would slot DEs in around TEs for when to take them, probably around round 5 or so. LB is typically deep but the studs should start going in the 3rd. I would try to hold off on DB till later (after most other starters) since they typically emerge and can be plucked off the waiver wire