[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Decision

gworth

12 person keeper league, snake draft, No PPR and 6pt TD passes. I have the option to keep J. Charles (1st) D. Thomas (3rd) and zac stacy (3rd). Z stacy is 3rd because that is the lowest you can lose a round in our league despite where you picked him the year before.

I have no idea of draft pick yet and will not know before I declare a keeper or not. Two other people in league are already keeping first round picks.

My question is do i keep J. Charles? Unless I were to get a Top three pick, it is worth it i would think as I would take him there anyway. Am i way off in this thinking? On the other hand, D. Thomas is solid as a 3rd rounder and if i ended up getting a top three pick i would get Charles anyway.

Only second year in keeper league so not entirely keen on strategy. Would greatly appreciate the fourms thoughts.

It is unclear how many players you are allowed to keep, but I am assuming only one.

I would keep Charles in this case, Since you don't know where you are picking, it is a bit too risky to toss him back. Worst case, you get the #1 pick and draft him where you would anyway. Best case you get the #12 pick, get a steal for your keeper and the top pick in the second round.

I don;t think Stacy is a consideration in the 3rd round. Too many questions that I wouldn't want to take him there at the expense of Charles or Thomas.

Thomas is obviously a top WR, but the lack of PPR hurts enough that I couldn;t justify keeping him over Charles, even at the reduced cost of a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1

OK, having never been in one of these leagues you're saying if you keep Charles you lose your first round pick and if you keep D.Thomas you lose your 3rd round pick?

Interesting dilemma.

However I would keep Thomas which is against your other opinions. Charles is first round talent for a 1st round pick, D. Thomas is first round talent for a third round pick imo. Just about all "expert" 12 team mock drafts I've seen had him going later 1st round.

Knowing your required starting lineup would help, but were it me I would keep D. Thomas and take my chances. Even if Charles is gone someone else with similar value might be there. Good luck whatever you decide.

OK, having never been in one of these leagues you're saying if you keep Charles you lose your first round pick and if you keep D.Thomas you lose your 3rd round pick?

Interesting dilemma.

However I would keep Thomas which is against your other opinions. Charles is first round talent for a 1st round pick, D. Thomas is first round talent for a third round pick imo. Just about all "expert" 12 team mock drafts I've seen had him going later 1st round.

Knowing your required starting lineup would help, but were it me I would keep D. Thomas and take my chances. Even if Charles is gone someone else with similar value might be there. Good luck whatever you decide.

With no PPR, Thomas is a late 1st at best, most likely mid-2nd round value.

Charles is, on most lists, a top 2 overall pick. Essentially, there are not players of similar value that will be available if the OP ends up with a later 1st round pick. There are similar talents comparable to Thomas that will be available.

If we knew what pick it was, the decision is easier as we have more information. As it is, we lack that information and it would be most prudent to act as if the pick is in an unfavorable position for us to be able to reacquire Charles.

Edited by Big Country