[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 non-ppr 4 keepers-want opinions

Chuckyone

Cutler, Jay CHI QB 196 9 McCown, Josh TBB QB 159 7 Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB 261 5 Brown, Andre FA RB 53 - Martin, Doug TBB RB 34 7 Rainey, Bobby TBB RB 84 7 Richardson, Trent IND RB 66 10 Tate, Ben CLE RB 75 4 Crabtree, Michael SFO WR 22 8 Douglas, Harry ATL WR 84 9 Jones, James OAK WR 72 5 Jones, Julio ATL WR (P) 55 9 Smith, Torrey BAL WR 97 11 Cameron, Jordan CLE TE(P) 133 4 Graham, Jimmy NOS TE 253 6 Succop, Ryan KCC PK 120 6 Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

The was my total points per player under our scoring system. Need to keep 4, no affect on draft positions as our first round is basically round 5 for all concerned.

Starting lineup requires 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

6pts pass TD and bonus for length of TD in all positions.

Julio and Graham are givens for me, after that I go back and forth. Being a 12 team league these QB's are already kept (Manning, Romo, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Ryan, Stafford, Dalton, Newton, Luck) and I'm picking 8th (because I finished 5th) which has me leaning Cutler and Doug Martin at the moment as this would give me solid starters at 4 main positions.

My main concern is I don't completely trust Martin to come back to rookie year form (or near it) under a new coach and I've seen nothing in preseason that allays that fear. Then I lean Crabtree as it seems WR's are getting more freedom even if 50%+ of preseason illegal contact calls disappear in the regular season. On the other hand I think there are more WR's to choose from this year so Martin then seems like the better option.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Chuckyone

If 10 teams are keeping QBs, no way do I keep a QB.

So, we have:

Graham

Jones

Martin

Crabtree

Draft best available RB in the first round. Lack of PPR and lack of flex pretty much dictates this. I may even consider going back to back RBs if anyone decent is still out there. You can then address WR depth and then a QB later on.

You basically have to keep Martin in a non-PPR, non-flex league as he is far and away your best option, and while a return to top 10 form may not be likely, it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Martin, Doug TBB RB

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

this is a nice team to start with. when doing a keeper league with more than 4 keepers, i like to think could i draft this team and you maybe could in a 12 teamer going jimmy-julio-doug and cutler later.

I love cutler this year so i think he is a safe bet to keep when many other QBs are being kept.

im not to high on martin but i think keeping him is something you should do in this situation.

love julio and jimmy so thats that...

nice team good luck!

So, we have:

Graham

Jones

Martin

Crabtree

Draft best available RB in the first round. Lack of PPR and lack of flex pretty much dictates this. I may even consider going back to back RBs if anyone decent is still out there. You can then address WR depth and then a QB later on.

You basically have to keep Martin in a non-PPR, non-flex league as he is far and away your best option, and while a return to top 10 form may not be likely, it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

One hour I'm thinking this route then the next the other route. I have to decide by tomorrow but after getting tired of over thinking I'll choose with my gut when thinking about how the draft may go down based on who others have kept.

Thanks for the input.

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Martin, Doug TBB RB

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

this is a nice team to start with. when doing a keeper league with more than 4 keepers, i like to think could i draft this team and you maybe could in a 12 teamer going jimmy-julio-doug and cutler later.

I love cutler this year so i think he is a safe bet to keep when many other QBs are being kept.

im not to high on martin but i think keeping him is something you should do in this situation.

love julio and jimmy so thats that...

nice team good luck!

lol, and a vote for my other option! Yeah thanks if Jones and Martin hadn't been injured so early I would have finished higher than 5th looking at my team, missed the playoffs on a tie breaker. Yeah my question is if Cutler is worth a 4th rounder over Crabtree this year. I definitely think Crabtree is worth a 4th and am on the fence about Cutler. One minute I think he'll be awesome this year the next I don't trust his health record. Either way I don't believe I'm making a completely stupid decision though so I have that going for me....which is nice...

Thanks for the input.

So, we have:

Graham

Jones

Martin

Crabtree

I agree with BC's assessment here

I could almost argue one these guys over Crabtree, mainly due to RB lack of depth but I really can't

Richardson, Trent IND RB 66 10

Tate, Ben CLE RB 75 4

ETA- For what it's worth, Crabtree is typically drafted at least a couple rounds before Cutler

Edited by Zooty

Thanks, I agree and thought about them as RB depth will be scarce, but Richardson looks like a slow old RB more than half the time and Tate's never been able to stay healthy plus he plays for the Browns who haven't had a top tier back in years.