[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montee Ball and Peyton Manning

marcheese

Most people are expecting Montee Ball to run away with the starting RB job in Denver. However, based on history, Peyton loves a RB who is great in pass protection.

I haven't read many reports about how Ball performs in this situation, but what is everyone's take on the issue? Is there anything to worry about? Is there potential for Ball to lose 3rd down work due to weak pass pro? What are everyone's thoughts?

Most people are expecting Montee Ball to run away with the starting RB job in Denver. However, based on history, Peyton loves a RB who is great in pass protection.

I haven't read many reports about how Ball performs in this situation, but what is everyone's take on the issue? Is there anything to worry about? Is there potential for Ball to lose 3rd down work due to weak pass pro? What are everyone's thoughts?

I think Hillman will definately get his snaps. but Ball is the man there. they have noone else that can run like him. plus ,Hillman is not the blocker Moreno was.

We've covered this in other threads but who else is there? Why would they let Moreno go if they did not complete confidence in Ball? And they never added anyone either. Seems that Denver is okay with him.

• Like 1

I don't think his blocking will hurt his carries.IF his carries get hurt I think it will come from fumbling IMO. but as DMD said they brought in noone so they already knew their plans for this year.

Also his fumbling had been blown out of proportion. ... he fumbled weeks 2 and 3 and then again in week 12...

It is not uncommon for rookies to fumble early on but I think it is safe to say he had that under wraps..

Also his fumbling had been blown out of proportion. ... he fumbled weeks 2 and 3 and then again in week 12...

It is not uncommon for rookies to fumble early on but I think it is safe to say he had that under wraps..

I think it was more of the timing of the fumbles.

But as you said almost every rookie has that problem.

For me, we all seen what a underaverage runner could do last year in Denver in Moreno. Ball is not under average he is over average and his ceiling to me is as high as any RB's in football. he just has a lower floor or less of a track record than a few others.

I'm not concerned at all. Ball is gonna be a fantasy stud this year. I'm only hoping I can land him late in the first round..

I got him 1.12 (in a 12 team redraft) and was ecstatic to see him there. IMO, Elway would NOT have let Moreno walk if he was worried about Ball.

I got him 1.12 (in a 12 team redraft) and was ecstatic to see him there. IMO, Elway would NOT have let Moreno walk if he was worried about Ball.

Right on.. I'd love to see him there at my pick. It's a 10 teamer, I have pick #10. Both #7 overall and #8 overall are Bronco's die hards. #9 is a Saints fan. I'd love to see Manning / D Thomas / J Graham with 7, 8, 9 (yes, Manning will go to one of the Bronco's homers). I just hope the other one takes D Thomas instead of Ball - if that happens, I'm set!

Right on.. I'd love to see him there at my pick. It's a 10 teamer, I have pick #10. Both #7 overall and #8 overall are Bronco's die hards. #9 is a Saints fan. I'd love to see Manning / D Thomas / J Graham with 7, 8, 9 (yes, Manning will go to one of the Bronco's homers). I just hope the other one takes D Thomas instead of Ball - if that happens, I'm set!

DT would be a mighty fine consolation prize. I'd prolly prefer him to Ball.

• Like 1

DT would be a mighty fine consolation prize. I'd prolly prefer him to Ball.

I certainly wouldn't complain if I got D Thomas. I know my 2nd pick is gonna be another WR, either D Bryant, Marshall, or AJ Green. I'm not sold on Lynch (although I should be), and unless Lacy falls (don't expect him to), the only other RB I'd even consider there would be Murray - but he doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. I really don't want to take 2 WR's to start my draft, but if I can get 2 top 4 WR's, I'm not complaining - I'll just have to nail my next few picks and land some quality RB's.

No true handcuff to Ball. While CJ may be Ball's replacement (if Ball is injured), Hillman is more a change of pace back. If Ball goes down, it'll probably be RBBC.

Agreed. although I would rather have Hillman of the 2 ( although I would draft neither unless it is a deep benched league) as I think he will be in on more of the running plays .at 225 I would guess Anderson is their blocker of the group.

So I took Ball 1.8 on an auto pick the other day in a 10 team because yahoo was dropping the ball all weekend and I meant to take Demaryius...then Ball...nevertheless I am more than happy with the selection

That didn't stop some maroon from calling me a joke for taking him haha

So I took Ball 1.8 on an auto pick the other day in a 10 team because yahoo was dropping the ball all weekend and I meant to take Demaryius...then Ball...nevertheless I am more than happy with the selection

Pick better players or I shall taunt you a fourth time!

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1