[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cbssports Tools like Draft Wizard or Draft Analyzer

jickfoo

Anybody purchase and use draft tools on cbsportsline like Draft Wizard or Draft Analyzer.

I think it would be cool to see analysis about who won the draft but I'd rather not spend money on junk. Also Im curious if my purchase then allows everyone in the league to use the tool.

The big benefit I see is that it integrates with the draft room which automatically adjusts to other coach picks. No need to do the crossing out of picks which I always find distracting. Curious why people dislike sportsline.

I don't understand why anyone uses sportsline anymore. We used it back in the day - paid like $150 or $180 or something like that to host our league. You can get pretty much the same thing on ESPN or Yahoo for free. Oh wow, they send you a big plastic wall hanging and a couple of label sheets with the player names on them. Good thing we all use computers at the draft and keep our own draft board. Such a waste..

In my opinion, those fantasy writers there rarely come out with their own unique material. They either copy what others say - just phrase it differently, or they put out a list of must start (or draft) at this time of year. Yeah - Calvin Johnson and Montee Ball need to be owned in all leagues regardless of the format. WOW! Thanks for the insight! I almost overlooked those guys..

I used the free version to practice my spot in a 16t Draft but it's not completely reliable because your leaguemates are likely to Go after some of the same players you would like sooner leaving options that are OK buy also ones the computer picked that you were not interested in the 1st place. Huddle and fftool box are the best places to prepare for drafts imo

I just used the Draft Wizard in an offline draft -- first time using computer rather than paper/pencil. Although I found the entering of each pick somewhat distracting, I found the software valuable. Since I put in my own rankings (adjusted from Huddle) and did a bunch of mock drafts before hand, I found the prediction element (what % chance of player being gone by next pick) to be valuable and pretty accurate (just missed C. Palmer by one pick -- after watching tonight, maybe that wasn't a bad thing) -- it helped. I'm not sure it was worth the price and have heard some reports of difficulty synching with CBS drafts, but I do think it's useful.

Haven't tried the one on CBS's website - but I'm a big fan of using drafting software - makes it a lot easier in my opinion when it comes time for your pick as well as analyzing and predicting who will be there in the next round or so based on what the other team needs are. Nothing beats your gut instinct, but I'm a big proponent of drafting software - there are some bad ones out there, and then some really good ones (I've mentioned in other threads).

Bottom line - use what works best for you - a lot of old school guys will say nothing is better than drafting with your gut using just a one pager and pencil / paper..

Edited by Shorttynaz