[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The greatest trade in history?

Capt. Stanky

I am really just posting this to drool over this possible trade. This is a 10 team 2 QB PPR deep keeper league. We can keep up to 10 from year to year. I had a down year last year. Fortunately, I was able to aquire some talent, and with some good luck, my squad is loaded. We start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 4 WR's, 1 TE, and some defensive players, not listing that.

I have been working on a 4 team trade for the past couple of weeks. Here's where I am now:

Team A gets:

Gio (from me)

Gerhart (from team B )

Tannehill (from me)

RCobb (from me)

Cruz (from team C)

Team B gets:

RG3 (from team A)

MBall (from me)

Rice (from me)

Tate (from team A)

Maclin (from me, and he gets to be kept for a 20th round pick. I won't get into specifics on it, complicated)

Team C gets:

Alex Smith (from team B )

I get:

AP (from team B )

Cutler (from team A)

It all hinges on team A. He has another deal he is working on, but it sounds unlikely. I'd put the trade 65% to happen. My team after trade:

QB's

Brady

Cutler

Palmer

RB's

Charles

AP

Bernard Pierce

WR's

Julio

Alshon

Michael Floyd

Percy

Can I be stopped? I think not.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

You like Cobb, Gio and Ball more than AP in PPR? I have AP #3 in both formats. Do you remember what happened the last time people were betting against him? AP will more than likely break his previous career high in catches. Norv likes to utilize his backs in the passing game. Bottom line, Gio mad Ball look great on paper, but neither have proven a thing. Cutler is primed for a career year in his 2nd year under Trestmen. Think what you want, but you're wrong :)

I get the 2 best players in the trade in this format (2 QB league; if you've never played you probably shouldn't respond), and I can't keep Rice, pierce or Percy if I don't make a trade. I hope people from my league read this and this pushes the trade through.

Cruz for Smith seems lopsided. & you really want to give all you got up for AP & Cutler. IDK what you're thinking but I'd scrap this deal

Give all I've got? Did you see what my starting lineup is after the trade? I have my #2 (Charles) and #3 (AP) RB to go along with 2 top 10 QB's and the best receiving core in my league. I would be scared of my team if I had to face it.

Give all I've got? Did you see what my starting lineup is after the trade? I have my #2 (Charles) and #3 (AP) RB to go along with 2 top 10 QB's and the best receiving core in my league. I would be scared of my team if I had to face it.

Yeah, I'm going to join the crowd and say a big WTF on this one for you. It's a keeper league, right? You're giving up Ball and Gio ... two guys who could lock down your RB core for years, for one year of AP? Not to mention losing on Cobb and Maclin, two guys who could have big years ... and Tannehill who could emerge as a legit #2 ... AND a bounce-back candidate in Ray Rice!

If anything ... if your goal is to upgrade at QB ... I would trade Tannehill + Charles + Harvin to someone for their QB1 and WR1. Trade Jamaal while he's on top ... I'm not too high on him this year.

I think Gio and Ball are Top 10 this year. If you can trade Charles to a team that desperately needs RBs and has a couple top WRs ... I would be tempted to go after something like ... and this is purely hypothetical and made-up since I don't know your league's other rosters ... but I would think something like RGIII + Dez Bryant for Jamaal Charles + Jeremy Maclin would be a good deal for you.

Edited by eataylor87

Plus, I'm not sure your line-up is even better this year after that trade than it was before it.

I would be just fine with Julio/Alshon/Cobb/Floyd as your WR 1-4 ... just stand pat man. If you really want to upgrade at QB, which is what I imagine has to be one of your motivations here ... just trade Charles for someone straight up ... or like I said above, package him with a WR to get another guys QB1 and WR1.

Guys, have you played in this league since '98 like I have? Several teams are up in arms about what my team looks like after this trade. Yeah there's risk with both Charles and AP, but you're acting like Gio and Ball are sure things. At least we know that AP and Charles have been absolute studs in the past. We can't say the same about Gio and Ball. Tannehill has proven nothing. Cutler is primed for a career year with the talent around him. I need to remember to stop posting these types of trade threads. There's no way anyone is going to understand the dynamics of each league. Do any of you play in 2 QB leagues?

Haha, you post here bragging about your trade, then when everyone tells you its a bad trade, you simply say nobody knows what they're talking about. Why post on here if all you want is people to bow down to you after you make a bad trade. You're losing 2 RB1's (especially in PPR), and a potential bounce-back Ray Rice, plus a top WR.

Edited by willswear3

Well, yeah I guess you're right ... we don't know your league dynamic ... but I still question whether or not it's wise to go after AP ... and basically base your season off of the success of Charles and AP ... when one or both, statistically, are more likely to finish outside the Top 10 than inside the Top 10. Gio and Ball give you protection against Charles blowing up ... not to mention you're losing a great WR. Yes, your WRs are stacked. But assuming this is an outright keeper/dynasty league, I wouldn't want to give up Ball, Gio, Cobb, etc.

Guys, have you played in this league since '98 like I have? Several teams are up in arms about what my team looks like after this trade. Yeah there's risk with both Charles and AP, but you're acting like Gio and Ball are sure things. At least we know that AP and Charles have been absolute studs in the past. We can't say the same about Gio and Ball. Tannehill has proven nothing. Cutler is primed for a career year with the talent around him. I need to remember to stop posting these types of trade threads. There's no way anyone is going to understand the dynamics of each league. Do any of you play in 2 QB leagues?

:mouth::fishy: