[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Be Nice If People Would Contribute More....

rahyde88

I love the huddle and there are a lot of great people in the forum. I am also a member of another fantasy site which I will leave unnamed that also has a forum. The level of comments in here is really light in my opinion. People post something just wanting a few words of advice and you see 46 views and 0 comments or 104 views and 1 comment. I just think it could be so much better if more people tried a little bit harder. Just my two cents. What does everyone else think?

Yeah it'll pick up. I think too that some people are guilty, myself included, of seeing another rate my team thread and not feeling like responding.

I posted a thread myself but answered probably half a dozen at least other questions people had on their teams. And not just a "great team, help w this (link)"...I tried providing at least some substance and talking points in my response. Not trying to toot my own horn but there are probably a lot of people asking questions but they aren't helping anyone in return.

Sometimes it's the quality, not the quantity.

This. Have you seen some of the questions - do you really want those people giving advice? ;)

Also, half the responses are usually useless as the initial questions contain so few elements of key information that it is impossible to give good advice.

In general. rate my team threads are ignored by the more veteran advice posters, but they get posted so frequently that the actual advice questions get pushed off the first page relatively quickly (or at least they used to when there was better volume of posters here).

When posting use the right words for your subject heading. The run of the mill " need help at etc etc" gets very old and to be honest 9/10 times I will overlook it. Put some thought into your subject before posting. If you want your post to get noticed than make it stand out from the rest.

Agreed, I'd like to see more posts as well. I definitely offer more advice than I ask for (whether people like it or not is another question). But it would be nice when asking for advice to get more than 1 or 2 responses that are just the players name and actually thoughts and support behind the advice. Like somebody said already I think more details in the post title helps so you aren't looking at a ton of posts with the same general title.