[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade offer for Marshall

air10force

12 team standard scoring. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE

My team:

QB- Stafford

RB- Ball, Richardson, Ingram, Greene

WR- Marshall, Sanders, Wallace, Watkins, S. Smith, Nicks

TE- Thomas

I've been offered Andre Johnson, Ridley, and West for Marshall and Wallace. I feel like that would leave me too thin at WR tho, so I think I'll reject it.

I'm contemplating countering with Marshall for Johnson and Ridley. Should I just reject the offer and move on, or is my counter-offer worth trying?

Thanks

Assuming Ridley starts, which I think he will, the Marshall for Johnson and Ridley trade sounds pretty good. Johnson is a downgrade at WR, but he is still a very consistent 100 reception 1500ish yard receiver, and Ridley starting is an upgrade on Richardson.

Edited by willswear3

12 team standard scoring. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE

My team:

QB- Stafford

RB- Ball, Richardson, Ingram, Greene

WR- Marshall, Sanders, Wallace, Watkins, S. Smith, Nicks

TE- Thomas

I've been offered Andre Johnson, Ridley, and West for Marshall and Wallace. I feel like that would leave me too thin at WR tho, so I think I'll reject it.

I'm contemplating countering with Marshall for Johnson and Ridley. Should I just reject the offer and move on, or is my counter-offer worth trying?

Thanks

No Way. Don't waste bench space banking on an injury or a takeover that could take half the season (Tate has the CLE job). Andre Johnson is an old dog in a new system with a ZERO quarterback... you're trying to make this trade look better by adding RIDLEY? At best a low RB2 in a non-PPR.

Why are you so quick (or even interested) to get rid of Marshall, a clear number one WR, without ensuring a clear number one RB or WR in return?

It looks like you're trying to hoard mid-level players.

Be conservative: Marshall, Ball, Thomas and Stafford are the core of your team, in that order. Replacing any of them requires a player of higher value.

You don't have to make any trades to be secure in your league. You have a very strong core with those four.

If you feel the need to improve, I'd put Watkins out there, but you probably over-paid for him.

Edited by bpr103

The trade is good if you want to roll the dice. New England RBs have a habit of getting into the dog house and not coming out for weeks. This can kill a fantasy season playoff push.

Let me translate this into plain English:

Patriots RBs are not reliable. Do not even look at their fantasy points by year, because their week-to-week production is erratic at best. They are best held on the bench as flex plays when your starters have byes. You might be able to find them on the waiver wire, depending on how deep your league is.

See also: Saints RBs.

I should note that I'm a Browns fan and I had very high hopes for West.

I have watched intently and even went to preseason game two in Washington.

Tate is the starter. If West takes over, it will be well after the season is lost by teams banking on him.

Ridley may not make the roster. Coach seems to have it out for him. If you make this trade Ridley is 1 fumble away from potentially loosing his job. I bet anything the guy offering this trade is counting on it cause he has James White sitting on his bench.