[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strength of Schedule

almostuseful

It's officially draft week and strength of schedule is something you should definitely take into account when drafting. You can find your local SoS here:

http://www.thehuddle.com/2014/articles/dmd-fantasy-ease-of-schedule-quarterbacks.php

The Huddle introduced me to the Dorey rule and Sos, but this chart has become a little dated and some of the good/bad matchups don't make sense to me. (ex. Bears RB @ SF is neutral). Another example is how Denver and NE bulked up their pass defense. Or how the Rams beefed up their defensive line even more.

Do any of you have a more updated SoS schedule that you've made for yourselves that includes the Dorey schedule?

Also, how much do you take the SoS to heart? For me, it helps me decide between two players that I have a hard time choosing between. (Most especially, should I draft AP or MF) I'm leaning with Matt Forte because of the SoS schedule found here.

So, how does SoS affect you?

What's your favored SoS chart?

Are you specifically targeting any player because of SoS?

Are you specifically targeting any Dorey-strong players then looking to trade them off for risers?

SOS is based off of last yr with a little guess work with roster changes, but mostly off of last yr. It is not until week 4 are you able to start to predict all the changes that were made.

I use it as a general guide being that very few teams go from worse to 1st on defense with all things being equal and no major changes. I do adjust for teams that have had major upgrades or down grades a little.

you're right. fortunately a good QB matchup generally means a good WR matchup.

Not always. So teams are better a stopping or slowing a WR1 down or Shutting out WR2-3 but are not so good against TEs or RBs Rcv. So just because a QB is good doesn't always mean the other 3 pos (WR,RB, TE) are just as good.

Not always. So teams are better a stopping or slowing a WR1 down or Shutting out WR2-3 but are not so good against TEs or RBs Rcv. So just because a QB is good doesn't always mean the other 3 pos (WR,RB, TE) are just as good.

Hence "generally"

Pre-season SoS is too unpredictable for me. Outside of the obvious stinkers like the Raiders, anything can change quickly. I begin to take it into account more as the season goes on, and start forming trade targets for the playoff weeks as the season goes on, but on draft day I'm not looking at it.

I worry (slightly) more about locations during playoff weeks than I do pre-season SoS.

• Like 1

Pre-season SoS is too unpredictable for me. Outside of the obvious stinkers like the Raiders, anything can change quickly. I begin to take it into account more as the season goes on, and start forming trade targets for the playoff weeks as the season goes on, but on draft day I'm not looking at it.

I worry (slightly) more about locations during playoff weeks than I do pre-season SoS.

The only things I have taken account for was Carson Palmers schedule swing from last year to this one and a few other things...

But SoS means little to me until around week 6 or so and then it changes completely after another 3 weeks...