[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I trade Manning to pair up Stafford and Megatron?

New to fantasy football so bare with me. This is a 10 team league with standard scoring: 4 points for passing TD, 4 points per 100 passing yards, no ppr.

My team:

QB: Peyton Manning

RB1: Zac Stacy

RB2: Ben Tate

WR1: Calvin Johson

WR2: Desean Jackson

TE: Jason Witten

Flex: Ryan Matthews

D/ST: Broncos

K: Mason Crosby

Bench:

Steven Jackson

Michael Crabtree

Wes Welker

Carlos Hyde

James Starks

Josh Gordon

Opponents Team:

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB1: Matt Forte

RB2: Giovanni Bernard

WR1:Demariyus Thomas

WR2:Percy Harvin

TE: Zac Ertz

Flex: Chris Johnson

D/ST: 49ers

K: Justin Tucker

Bench:

Shane Vereen

Golden Tate

Reggie Wayne

Andy Dalton

Andre Hopkins

LeGarrette Blunt

My opponent is interested in taking Manning to pair up with Thomas and I wouldn't mind doing the same with Stafford. I am interested in Matt Forte and Shane Vereen. He is willing to take a chance on Josh Gordon while he is in limbo and it the suspension is 8+ games I'd liked to get some value out of him (picked him up off the waiver shortly after draft).

Would giving up Manning, Stacy, Gordon for Stafford, Forte, Vereen be worth it? Is there a better combination that I should offer?

Edited by needtradehelp88

I like your team a lot where it is right now. The current trade doesn't benefit you in my opinion, and since he wants such a good player in Manning, i'd try to make him give you much better value than that. Try getting Bernard instead of Vereen. If he really wants Gordan/Manning enough he may go for it. If he isn't giving you that you could try a little less, but I wouldn't take too big of a drop off. Maybe you could keep the trade how it is, but substitute Ryan Mathews/Ben Tate for Zac Stacy, that would be a bit more fair. Honestly though, your team looks really really strong right now, so I wouldn't force a trade for Stafford, because in theory the QB/WR combo sounds good, and it is a lot, but with how dependent Stafford is on Calvin, and visa versa, if one struggles, the other typically does to. And when your best player and your quarterback struggle one week it is really hard to win.

My opponent is interested in taking Manning to pair up with Thomas and I wouldn't mind doing the same with Stafford. I am interested in Matt Forte and Shane Vereen. He is willing to take a chance on Josh Gordon while he is in limbo and it the suspension is 8+ games I'd liked to get some value out of him (picked him up off the waiver shortly after draft).

BULL-honda: Your opponent is interested in taking Manning because he's a better quarterback. Period. Manning will score more fantasy points than Stafford.

No Matter what kind of Zen Buddhist retreat you and your opponent went to that required him to shave his head and chant that keeping his top fantasy QB on the same team as his top fantasy WR:

Would giving up Manning, Stacy, Gordon for Stafford, Forte, Vereen be worth it? Is there a better combination that I should offer?

No.

Manning to Stafford is a tier-one to tier-two drop, in the highest-scoring category, Quarterback. You can subtract 3-4 points from every game by making that move.

Granted, Forte for Stacy is an improvement, but it doesn't offset the loss from Manning to Stafford.

If it's not a PPR league you really shouldn't be interested in any Patriots RBs in a ten team league, so take a deep breath and reconsider your options here.

BULL-honda:

Oh, dear, this site has some kind of anti-offensive language filter that prohibits free speech in a somewhat archaic fashion.

Suffice it to say that I do not believe that your trade partner's intentions to be true, and if he wishes to speak his untruths to a lady may his team be stricken by seven plagues.

Oh, dear, this site has some kind of anti-offensive language filter that prohibits free speech in a somewhat archaic fashion.

Suffice it to say that I do not believe that your trade partner's intentions to be true, and if he wishes to speak his untruths to a lady may his team be stricken by seven plagues.

:lol: I love the regression to Winnie the Pooh language after the original was filtered. Welcome to the Huddle my friend, may you live long and prosper here!

Edited by CowboysDiehard
  • Like 1