[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where would you pick Calvin Johnson in a PPR league with 3 Starting WRS and 2 flexes (12 team league)

I've toyed with the idea of going with Calvin at #1. Even the top 5 RBs this year have questions. All the WR1s will be gone by you're next pick but an RB with questions that could put up Rd1 production will come back to you and I'd pair that with another WR at the turn. You only have to start 2 RBs. Of course you could start up to 4 a week but we all know RBs get hurt the most and you can find them on WW throughout the year. Also wouldn't take a qb at the turn unless it's 1 of the big 3. Other wise wait till later

Edited by davesworld23

I'd still say Calvin in your situation is a low end 1st round pick, that way when, if?, the draft snakes back to you you can pick a RB. Calvin is fantastic, but there are a quite a few WRs who have a lot of value at their adp, but with decent upside with less of a bottoming out. And two flexes can be used for RBs too, and TEs if you're allowed. This year at least you can afford to wait to draft WRs.

Well, it depends on how many required players at the other starting positions, Positional value still comes down to knowing how many required starters there are at each position. Then you have to factor in your leagues draft tendencies.

If you only require 1 RB, then Calvin should be in the discussion with the top RBs and a definite consideration at the 5th pick.

If you require 2 RBs, then I don't consider him in the top 4, and have a tougher decision between him and the tier 2 RBs for the 5-8 spot picks.

If you require 3 RBs, he is not a consideration for me in the first round at all.