[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buffalo looking rough - spiller fjax watkins

Joebirds55

Horrendous showing last night from the bills. If it hasn't already started, how long until marrone becomes public enemy number one. Saw some of the game last night and the offense may be the worst in the league. They can't block, and even when manuel does have time to throw he screws up.

The coaching decisions this team makes are questionable at best. You can say it's preseason but all last year folks were saying that they need to get spiller in space etc etc. Why do they use spiller like they should be using fjax, and they use fjax like they should spiller? Mind boggling stuff.

And they decided it'd be a good idea to play watkins last night. Never mind that they basically traded away any chance of getting an nfl qb in the future to get him, yeah let's throw him out there in a meaningless game....

I thought spiller was the steal of the draft for me and could be a true difference maker for those that drafted him. It doesn't look like anyone on this team should even be mentioned in the same sentence as "fantasy football" unless you're in a 20 man league.

Ah, some of them have a place in the draft where they have value. I'd draft Spiller, Fred Jackson and Watkins at some point. My favorite of the bunch might be Jackson.

Edited by irish

Ah, some of them have a place in the draft where they have value. If draft Spiller, Fred Jackson and Watkins at some point. My favorite of the bunch might be Jackson.

This. I picked up Jackson in round 11 of my 8-man long standing local draft last night. Thought it was pretty good value at that point.

When are you going to start Jackson though? His upside is minimal so you need to be flexing him to get value.

I would've said you start him week 1 against the porous Bears run defense, but with the Bills sorry preseason performance I'm not so sure. Maybe now you start the Bears defense...

EJ Manuel is going to regress and remove any value he once had. Looks like Charch is going to be right on this one.

When are you going to start Jackson though? His upside is minimal so you need to be flexing him to get value.

I see Jackson having more startable value in larger leagues where owners took a shot on one of the big 3 TEs or QBs and waited a bit at RB. Jackson would then be more of a flex starter and maybe a #2 during byes.

Jackson is the only draftable Bill for me. The current market prices of Spiller and Watkins are waaayyyy too high for me to even pay attention to them.

Bryce Brown is draftable is dynasty and possibly really deep redraft.

Pre-season means absolutely nothing.

In most cases I do agree, and the common theme is teams keeping their playing calling close to the vest. However, this preseason has been nearly identical to how they were calling plays for much of last season. I just don't buy it here that things will all of a sudden change. Will there be improvement? Sure, but I have really soured on the idea of spiller returning to rb1 form in Buffalo.

Very extreme comparison considering one team has won a super bowl, is a constant playoff contender, etc but do you think if the saints had spiller they'd be running him inside for the majority of his snaps. No. Let the grinders (ingram, fjax) grind and let your skill guys like spiller (sproles at one point) do what they do best.

I think every player has value at some point in a draft, would never say 100 percent I wouldn't take a guy, but as said above, hard to think many of these guys make their way into my lineup.

I took him in the 5th round of a ten team league. Some notable rb I passed on were Gerhart sankey chris johnson joique rice and gore. I have a feeling one of these above will make me regret that decision as I rip my hair when red zone flips to a. Fred Jackson scoring yet again another td inside the ten, or b. Not that they'd have any reason to show their games, but when they flip to the bills and spiller gets the ball twice for no gain directly into the centers butt cheeks.

I took him in the 5th round of a ten team league. Some notable rb I passed on were Gerhart sankey chris johnson joique rice and gore. I have a feeling one of these above will make me regret that decision as I rip my hair when red zone flips to a. Fred Jackson scoring yet again another td inside the ten, or b. Not that they'd have any reason to show their games, but when they flip to the bills and spiller gets the ball twice for no gain directly into the centers butt cheeks.

I gotta say I'd take all those guys except Gore over Spiller. Spiller and Johnson are about even for me.

I gotta say I'd take all those guys except Gore over Spiller. Spiller and Johnson are about even for me.

Yeah looking back I somewhat regret the decision, but at least for now he's not penciled in as a starter. I know this isn't the section for team advice but I think spiller in that spot is fine as a 3/4 given his ceiling.

His lottery ticket potential puts him closer to the top of those rb for me, especially due to bonus points in my league for longer plays.

Do we think Orton has any chance of getting the starting job? Doubtful it happens immediately but if manuel struggles the first 3 games I could see it happening. He looks completely overwhelmed, and Orton would at least bring some sort of consistency. I think this would help the value of spiller and Jackson.