[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ingram Hype

cubdaddy

I'm sad to say that I have bought the hype before. I've always liked PT and especially now that Sproles is gone he should have no problems getting 60+ targets this year....love him in PPR league as does everyone else...BUT...is this the year NOS uses Ingram more to a point where he is fantasy relevant/flex option over dice rolls like Miller vs Moreno or Rooks like J Hill or Sankey? Or was this preseason an audition for a potential trade? Any Saints insiders got scoop?

I'm sad to say that I have bought the hype before. I've always liked PT and especially now that Sproles is gone he should have no problems getting 60+ targets this year....love him in PPR league as does everyone else...BUT...is this the year NOS uses Ingram more to a point where he is fantasy relevant/flex option over dice rolls like Miller vs Moreno or Rooks like J Hill or Sankey? Or was this preseason an audition for a potential trade? Any Saints insiders got scoop?

Short answer is yes.

PT has already been told that he will play less of a role this year than he has in the past. Ingram will be the primary runner & will be a bit more involved in the passing game. I also know that the Saints have been working a lot with their blocking schemes and want to get back tot eh balanced attack that got them to the Superbowl in 09. The icing on the cake is that Terron Armstead is looking like a stud in the run game so far to go along with Pro-bowlers Ben Grubbs & Jahri Evans. I know it's difficult to get too excited about Ingram given the disappointments in the past, however, with Sproles gone and PT taking a lesser role it's clear he will be given every opportunity to finally turn the corner. Throw in the fact that this is a contract year for him, so he knows he has to give it everything he's got in order to cash in.

The Saints will always rotate their backs. Payton doesn't want to run into the situation again where he's drawing from his PS to field a lineup. So I'd never view Ingram to be more than a RB2, But I do think he will be just that & be much more of a consistent producer this year with a few big games sprinkled in.

Edited by rajncajn

You starting him as a rb2 rajin? Don't give me flex....too much room to shake the hook there. RB2? That much faith?

Unless I understood it wrong, I don't think rajin meant to draft him as a RB2. I'm pretty sure he meant that he predicts that he can turn into that type of value.

I am also pretty high on Ingram this season. Everything that's been said about him is that he has come into training camp this year refocused and rededicated. He has a chip on his shoulder because everyone has been counting him out, and he wants to prove to everyone that he was worthy of that 1st round pick. Judging by his performance this preseason I'd say that he is proving those points. I especially love him this year because in all of my drafts he is being drafted behind Thomas and Khiry, so when he is up there with the likes of Andre WIlliams, Jonathan Stewart, Lance Dunbar, etc. then I am all over Ingram.

Unless I understood it wrong, I don't think rajin meant to draft him as a RB2. I'm pretty sure he meant that he predicts that he can turn into that type of value.

Exactly. I wouldn't take him as my #2. But I'd certainly love him as a flex with solid RB2 potential.

would you start him other than flex?

Depending on match up, I would.