[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to choose between a QB or WR in the 1st

davesworld23

I am back & forth on this. You should realize my league has a super flex and pass tds are 6 also 1 per 50yd pass/rush/catch td.

I have drawn #10 in my 12team ppr league. I believe the big 3 QBs will be gone as well as the big 4 RBs plus Calvin. Leaving 1 of Stafford, Graham, lacy or Demarius before it's my pick.

I'm thinking Lacy, Stafford, Calvin (just in case) then Thomas

I was planning to try the Zero RB theorem unless Lacy falls to me. I should also note that qbs get -2 per sack so I'm not liking the prospect of getting stuck with a qb with a bad o-line.

Also, the roster restricts more than 2 qbs on rosters (& for added fun we play with IDPs). I'm having a tough time deciding and I was hoping to start a debate. Draft is in 2 days

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions

Edited by davesworld23

Is a super flex a QB/RB/WR/TE?

If each owner can only pick 2 QBs there is really no reason to take a QB early, even if you can start two QBs

Edited by Papajohn

Yes, we can start 2 QBs & we can only have 2 QBs on roster. I'm thinking of going qb in the 1st only if Stafford is there and grab someone in the 2nd otherwise

I world not worry about getting a QB early in this setting at all. I would let everybody else take their first QB before I would consider drating one and just load up on RBs and WRs.

If graham was there id take him, then gi wr in the 2nd, unless lacy falls, dt, green, j jones, graham, nelson, you can likly end up with 2 of them, and id be interested to see what comes of the 3/4 turn could you double up on qb's there?

Maybe I could go QB QB at the 3/4 instead. My league is very QB happy. So the studs will be gone but maybe.. maybe I can get Foles/Cutler or some similar combination

I world not worry about getting a QB early in this setting at all. I would let everybody else take their first QB before I would consider drating one and just load up on RBs and WRs.

It depends on how the scoring shakes out, but if QBs tend to score more than other positions, they become a super strong option at flex, and getting two upper tier QBs can provide a fairly strong advantage. Again, it depends how the scoring shakes out with the unique scoring system they use, but, it's not out of the question that this is one of those setups where going QB early is actually a decent strategy

i would go QB at 10 in that setup being that you can start 2 and getting 6pt/td. I might even go 2 QB in that setup. Think about it that is 24 QBs. There are about 12 good ones maybe 15 that will score 30 TDs total. Then a handful that will score in the 20s. Now there are only a handful of position players that will score double digit TDs.

Now you didn't state what position players score unless pas/rush/catch 50yds/1pt applies to all positions then I would go QB/QB to start. being that QBs should reach 3k yds for a bad QB and over 4k for a good one. 1500-2k total yds for a positional player is a monster yr. and with 10 TDs. Most good positional players are 900-1200yds with 7-9 TDs then you have the rest.

might have to give more detail on your scoring.

in this format, you have to take a QB early, but it's depending on the texture of the draft...do all the owners rush for a QB and QB2 early

?

I'd see about sneaking in late picks for Foles, RG3, Kaepernick, Wilson, where fit...perhaps 2 to 3 of these types if you can roster...going after RBs early.

Edited by ChampSampson