[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NO K Graham cut

Propdriver01

A lot of big name kickers getting the boot. Seems like more than most years.

Normally there is maybe one kicker released this late. Not the four or five in the last 24 hours. This is nuts. The Saints cleaned house with no replacement. This is very unusual.

Normally there is maybe one kicker released this late. Not the four or five in the last 24 hours. This is nuts. The Saints cleaned house with no replacement. This is very unusual.

I think they did because they saw all the others being released and realized that there are some great options out there. I wouldn't be shocked to see Henery end up there.

NO homers Graham and Dimke we cut! Any idea of replacement.

Good question. Most thought it would be Dimke, but there were concerns about the amount if time it took him to get the kick off. My guess is they are eyeing another player that got cut.

Payton plans on scoring tds and going for 2 every time

Not a bad idea, all the while saving a roster spot!

There's some speculation in the Saints board that makes a lot of sense. Saints don't want to cut their FB Lorig, but he's injured right now. In order to put him on IR he has to be on the 53 on Tuesday. Cutting both kickers allows them an extra roster spot to hold Lorig who, when they IR, will make room to bring back either Graham or Demke.

There's some speculation in the Saints board that makes a lot of sense. Saints don't want to cut their FB Lorig, but he's injured right now. In order to put him on IR he has to be on the 53 on Tuesday. Cutting both kickers allows them an extra roster spot to hold Lorig who, when they IR, will make room to bring back either Graham or Demke.

Presume they'll audition 3/4 kickers later this week then sign the best one?

Good money is still on Demke being brought back, but most fans would like to see Barth brought in. I don't see any of the other current free agents being any better than what we already had. Succop would have been an obvious choice, but I think the money wouldn't have been something the Saints would be willing to agree to.

Good money is still on Demke being brought back, but most fans would like to see Barth brought in. I don't see any of the other current free agents being any better than what we already had. Succop would have been an obvious choice, but I think the money wouldn't have been something the Saints would be willing to agree to.

I think succop signed with the titans anyway.

That's why I said "would have been."

You said that he would have been except for the money issue. The issue was his lack of availability.

You said that he would have been except for the money issue. The issue was his lack of availability.

Again, I used past tense... "but I think the money wouldn't have been something the Saints would be willing to agree to."

I posted that after Succop signed with the Titans, or after it was considered a done deal. Hence the using of past tense, as it was no longer an option at the time I posted that.

Again, I used past tense... "but I think the money wouldn't have been something the Saints would be willing to agree to."

I posted that after Succop signed with the Titans, or after it was considered a done deal. Hence the using of past tense, as it was no longer an option at the time I posted that.

Gotcha.