[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

8 Man League - Start 2 QBs

Kalaby

Sorry in advance for the long post, but here's my situation:

I'm in an 8 team QB heavy league at work where we start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs/TEs and 2 Flex players (any combo of RB/WR/TE). It's a high octane scoring league (7 pts for all TDs with bonus points for TD length) with standard points for yardage gained.

I'm in the #4 slot this year and it's almost a certainty that the first 3 off the board will be Manning, Brees and Rodgers.

If I stay at #4, the pick in my mind would have to be the #1 RB (we can debate who we like best for that), but the concern is that another 4 or so QBs (probably Stafford, Luck, Foles and Romo or Ryan) could legitimately be picked before things swing back to me in the middle of the 2nd round. I'm pretty high on Cutler this year and I suppose I can maybe roll the dice and wait until the 3rd round (again this is a crazy QB heavy league) to take him and then grab another competent QB a little later on in the draft, but in a QB dominant league, it's a bit scary to use this strategy.

I'm actually thinking that the better alternative would be to try to trade down a couple of spots, so that I can still land one of the top 3 RBs and then have a shorter wait to grab one of those QBs that fall into the grouping right after the big 3 QBs.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

How heavy is the QB scoring?

WHat is the typical range of scoring for the top 16 QBs compared to the top 16-20 RBs and top 24-30 WRs?

If you think Cutler will fall to you in the 2nd (I also am very high on him this year), then i say keep your pick, draft the top RB (depending on the answer to the scoring range question) and then go for Cutler.

If the scoring is such that QBs score a lot more than any other position and also have a large spread in their scoring, then I;d say grab a Stafford or Luck at #4 and if Cutler is there in the 2nd, grab him, then load up on RB/WR after that.

It all comes down to calculating expected value based on this league's settings and drafting accordingly.