[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Dynasty league #1 IDP

FastSteve

Roster size 32 increasing to 40. Keep entire team. PPR IDP league

Scoring

Offense

All TD are 6, 1 yards rushing/rec-1, full point per reception, 20 yards passing-1

Defense

Assisted tackle-0.5, Tackle, Forced fumble & Pass defended- 1, Blocked kick, Tackle for loss & safety-2

Sack, Interception & fumble recovery-3, All defensive TD-6

Roster

Starters

QB-1 RB-2 WR-2 TE-1 K-1 RB/WR/TE Flex-1 DL-4 LB-4 DB-4 Bench-12, expanding to 20 IR-2

My team

QB

Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Tannehill

RB

Jamaal Charles, MJD, Stevan Ridley, Mike James

WR

Brandon Marshal, Michael Crabtree, Julian Edelman, Doug Baldwin

TE

Jordan Reed, Heath Miller, Brandon Pettigrew, Jermichael Finley

K

Blair Walsh

LB

Vontaze Burfict, James Laurinaitis, Jerod Mayo, Thomas Davis, Danny Trevathan, Craig Robertson

John Abraham

DL

Jason Hatcher, Osi Umenyiora, Mario Williams, Cory Redding,

DB

William Moore, Corey Graham, Eric Weddle, Ryan Clark, Tracy Porter

The league goes as long as we feel like it. Last year was the first year of the league & my first year playing IDP. I would like to get some more RB depth. However I need DL also with only one under 31 years o age. I also got a mess at LB. John Abraham played as a DL last year. He is now listed as an LB. Having 6 already, I didn't need another. On top of that added yet another LB with a week 4 bye to bring my total to 5 of 7 with their bye during week 4! UG!

We wil be drafting 8 rounds Monday. I am thinking most everyone is going to focus on RB & LB first. So I shouldn't have to grab a DL right away. Due to a trade I have 2 picks in 1. I have pick 2 & 8 in the first round & also the 17th pick overall from the 2nd round.

Looking at Rookies

At RB I have Sankey, Hyde, Freeman & Hill on my mind & also figuring on handcuffing Charles with Knile Davis

At WR I have Benjamin as my #1 not because I think he is the top guy but because of pairing him with Cam who is my starter. Then after him I have Watkins, Cooks, Evans, Marqise Lee & Jarvis Landry

At TE just Ebron. Regardless I will likely being dropping Pettigrew. I have a stock of TE because of injures last year.

DL

Demarcus Lawrence, Kony Ealy, Scott Crichton, Aaron Donald

LB

CJ Mosley, Khalil Mack, Ryan Shazier, Jadaveon Clowney

DB

Deone Buchanon, Calvin Pryor, Jimmie Ward, Kyle Fuller

Like I said I could use more depth at RB. But I would like to get Benjamin. As stated I have 3 picks inside the top 20 at 2nd 8th & 17th.If I spend my 2nd on a RB think Benjamin makes it to the 8th overall pick? I am thinking I can wait till the 3rd round to grab a DL as people wont focus on them early. Everyone will want that RB or LB most likely. I also figure won't have to worry about grabbing that handcuff till the end of the draft. Thoughts on those first three picks?

I'd be shocked if Benjamin is gone before you get there at 8, based on your scoring I doubt lb's go in the second, but someone may grab one, as for the dl's -d Laurence is out for the year, ealy may see some work in the second half of the season, in case you reach. I'd be looking at evans, cooks or sankey at 2 (assuming watkins goes first, but with his rib injury he may not) offensive players do tend to go first In rookie drafts

I do believe LB are the highest scoring defensive players in this league. Guessing probable like that in most IDP leagues. As I said I am new to playing IDP as last year was my first year doing so.

As for who might contribute this year, I am not focused on that. I think I have a solid team for this year. I am more looking into next season. The team I have now finished 2nd for the regular season. So if I can grab guys that may be slow this year but look like they should step it up next year, I am OK with that.

Edited by FastSteve