[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking Montee Bell in second round as my number 2 Rb any up dates in Den

tomconway

All day! I'm taking him at 6th and 7th overall. He's going to get a ton of carries, short passes, and facing 6-men or less in the box. Not to mention, Denver O-line is legit and big and strong. Big, tall, technicians. The emphasis to run will be prevalent this year and in the 4th qtr it's going to be "showing toughness" they strive for, as shown FAs pickups and there daily conversations.

All day! I'm taking him at 6th and 7th overall. He's going to get a ton of carries, short passes, and facing 6-men or less in the box. Not to mention, Denver O-line is legit and big and strong. Big, tall, technicians. The emphasis to run will be prevalent this year and in the 4th qtr it's going to be "showing toughness" they strive for, as shown FAs pickups and there daily conversations.

I thought All Day played for the vikings. :thinking:

I have always hated the idea if handcuffing players ... basically you are committing 2 roster spots to only player. I would much rather draft an unrelated player with upside

I rarely if ever handcuff. .. this year I have Bush and Bell on a roster but only because of the draft value

I rarely if ever handcuff. .. this year I have Bush and Bell on a roster but only because of the draft value

This - I won't target or reach for a handcuff. By it's very definition it is essentially a wasted roster spot.

But, I will draft teammates at the same position if the draft value is right. Whether that is Bush/Bell as an example of an RB/RB combo or Fitz/Floyd as an example of a WR/WR combo. I don;t go in to a draft saying I want to do that, but, if when my pick comes up, they are my highest rated player at the position I decide to draft, I will draft them.

Also in a lot of cases there isn't even a clear handcuff anyways. If someone like Ball or Marshawn went down its not 100% who would be the primary back so you could easily handcuff them with the wrong guy.

In those cases, more than likely there would not be a sterotypical "primary" back.

I might be the only one, but I'm not touching Montee at his required ADP. There will be a Denver RB who ends up being an RB1, but I am not yet convinced that Ball will actually be that guy. Peyton won't be standing for a few blown blocks or dropped passes - I'm not sure exactly how long Ball's leash is. Ball could run away with it, or we could end up seeing the preseason #3 guy who goes undrafted in most leagues being the one to own (which is what happened last year with Moreno). Just feels like a scary pick for where you have to take him in most drafts.

Edited by nelsosi

I might be the only one, but I'm not touching Montee at his required ADP. There will be a Denver RB who ends up being an RB1, but I am not yet convinced that Ball will actually be that guy. Peyton won't be standing for a few blown blocks or dropped passes - I'm not sure exactly how long Ball's leash is. Ball could run away with it, or we could end up seeing the preseason #3 guy who goes undrafted in most leagues being the one to own (which is what happened last year with Moreno). Just feels like a scary pick for where you have to take him in most drafts.

Meh, I think you are just reaching for reasons not to pick him, I think he is a very safe pick in the late first round or second round. I mean, anything can happen(like T Rich sucking in Indy last year), but most believe it is highly unlikely to miss on Ball.....