[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quality Keepers

JanerichoC18

Hey guys, I am new here thought I would get some input on keepers.

Last year I won my league which is a keeper league after I got fairly lucky with my team getting hot, sealing the 5th (of 6) spot in the playoffs and going nuts for 3 rounds to take the title.

This league I allow 4 keepers as a minimum and 6 as a max, any time there are new teams they redraft so it's tough to tell who exactly will be available as 4 teams last year didn't pay and I booted them. This is a 12 team league with a flex, ppr, 6 point pass td league. I've decided this year not to keep Tony Romo who was my QB last year to look for a more consistent young player so I don't find myself in a spot in the future where it is a struggle to find 4 keepers. I have McCoy, Murray, Green, and Torrey Smith as my 4. I will most likely stock up on RBs and WRs to see if I can strike gold once I Start drafting but I want to take a later QB who will be the future. Right now I am focusing on Russell Wilson, I know his passing stats aren't sexy but he runs for 500 yards a year and will tack on 1-5 TDs per season (luck of the roll).

Some guys I was looking at for keepers were Bortles and Marqise Lee (Sleeper but could be huge.) When it comes to Bridgewater vs Bortles I don't really have a set better option and I want to look at less obvious options/sleepers/potential future keepers.

Is there anyone you all suggest who may be a less obvious option?

Generally I'd go for later rounds for sleepers. If you take them too soon you wind up pulling out your hair trying to decide if you're going to keep them next year. I fretted over Cordarelle Patterson much. I don't see Wilson as a good option for 'the future'. His passing seems to be accurate, but not prolific. His rushing...I wouldn't bank on that carrying him into top 10 territory. Rookie QBs can be difficult to decide on too. I kept Luck for two years making him my round 7 this year and a starter. But I had to keep him for those two years. He could have turned out to be a bust, I was at least a little lucky he didn't. I would avoid keeping a QB unless its someone that would have been drafted late rounds and kept like I did with Luck, same for Wilson and Griffin. But, as example, do you want to rely on Wilson as being your top QB or do you feel the need to keep him as a back up with some possibility of greater fantasy value? Which means you'd have to keep Keeping him year after year when you could be keeping someone with more value at a lower round. Then there's also Kaepernick who was kept by a lot of people I expect. Yet he's not a top 12 candidate. Look elsewhere than for a possible, not definite, QB of the future.